“Nothing fancy but still you can find ome pluses”
Review of Hotel Palace

Hotel Palace
Ranked #63 of 86 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in relation to the business trip for two nights. Already when arriving I sensed what type of the hotel it would be. My expectations were also not high as I’m very flexible traveler staying in varieties of places. What this hotel cries for is some renovation. Furniture is very old, carpets also. Sinks and bath tubs are showing the traces of significant wear. But I know that would be a huge investment and I don’t know if hotel can afford this in these times? There is only one elevator so if you are fit rather use stairs to your floor. There are some details that are missing and should not happen also in cheaper hotels. There is a mini bar but there were no price list for the items in the bar, also there were no glasses provided in my room. I see that is rated as 4 star hotel but I would say that is far away from that. I would rate it no more than two stars hotel in regards to the accommodation they provide. I was situated in one room that there were barely any light in. But OK I do not care about that that much as I came to my room only for shower and sleeping and it has an advantage that was very quiet though :). There are also some very good things that I would like to point out about this hotel. One is that kitchen in the hotel is very good and we enjoyed breakfasts, lunch and dinners very much. Staff at the service in the dinning room was very friendly and helpful, also other young people that were probably on the practice work there were doing their job perfectly. Wireless connection is free and I had no problem to use it. That is important. Also the meeting place located at the top of the hotel was very good with enough light and it was not a problem to hear a speaker even very far away while not using a mic. Location of the hotel is also excellent as you are staying only 100m from the Knez Mihajlova and app. 150m from Kalemegdan park.

Room Tip: I would say that this hotel is recommended for travelers that do not care for top notch room accommo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave S
There are newer reviews for Hotel Palace

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The only reason to choose this hotel is its central location. Although it is reasonably clean, the whole hotel is very old and not very well kept; the management looks rather careless and uninterested (on the second day my room was not cleaned). Breakfast is standard. The wireless connection never worked properly. Were I to visit Belgrade again, I would choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Old hotel, old furniture, small double room-single use. Been here in 2010. The staff was great. We searched and changed several rooms due to the high wind blowing (and cold in the room). At the end returned to the first pick.
Location is great. Just minute away from the main pedestrian area. Restaurant Vuk with good food is close as well as Red Rooster a nice place especially spring/summer time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2012

That was mine third time to stay in Palace hotel, time to write a brief review. On positive side: nice location, 5 minutes from Terazije. More than pleasent staff (there is also a school for waiters) at the reception desk and in the restaurant. Reasonable price. Wi-fi in the room, quite fast. Room was clean. What is less positive: a little out of date. Need some investments. Dont know, what was wrong, but I couldnt sleep well. One of potential reasons for that was the temperature in the room. Only few TV channels. Elevator is so, so. OK, it was working, but I prefer stairs.....Be clear, nothing wrong, just that funny bad feeling. All together - next time I will go to Palace once again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Vinetou
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stay in this hotel during my trip to Belgrade for 2 nights.Hotel is located close to Knez Mihajlova street and only 10 min wak from Kalemegdan Park.
In general all services with this hotel ok.Room was small but clean and quiet.
Staff is helpfull and they have good knowledge of foreign languagues.
There is a restaurant,bar all typical for 3* hotel from Communist time.
Brakfast was rich and tasty.Stay in this place if you want to be close to the center and if you
are going to use it only for sleeping.Price is ok,56 eur per night on BB basis.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank asterisk1964
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Tiny rooms, dark furniture, plastic flowers and the smell of sewer rising from the sink. Ah, the good old days. The wifi went down and a rotating cast of characters at the front desk pretended for three days that it was working and that I was the only person complaining, even when others showed up waving their laptops and the useless password. When I pressed a night manager : "What do you want me to do, it's a government hotel, nobody cares." That sums it up nicely. Except for the laundress, who I asked to iron my clean shirts as there was no iron. She washed them and left them more wrinkled than before!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank underwaydd
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed in a Twin room by myself so space was sufficient, both for work and comfort. My room had OK carpets and everything intact, nothing broken. The room had probably been fixed within the last year or so. However, the lobby needs a LOT of refurbishing to come up to par. Staff at reception needs a crash-coarse in hospitality and service. Parking for €18 is ridiculous. Breakfast was included but I would not pay more than €2 for it. I usually sleep well in almost any bed and so I did here too. AC worked but was a bit noisy. I missed an iron and board, did the humid-shower-trick instead.
I’ve been to Belgrade several times due to work and this time I wanted to stay in City Center. I truly love Belgrade and that treat I got by staying here. As always I got what I paid for, OK room, run down hotel, and great location for a fair price.

Room Tip: Even if you are a smoker, chose non. My friend slept in a room reeking like a wet ashtray.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business