“A big hotel must have a lot of WORKING elevators!”
Review of Hotel Srbija

Hotel Srbija
Ranked #72 of 85 Hotels in Belgrade
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“A big hotel must have a lot of WORKING elevators!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel was average. I traveled with big group. Unfortunately at that time (last weekend in October 2013) the hotel was full of people (kids, who have a World Championship in Taekwondo or something). Well the kids were not annoying at all. Annoying thing was that the hotel with 18 or 19 floors and many rooms has ONLY!!! 4 elevators, and 3 of them didn't work properly. Actually one of them stopped somewhere in the middle between 18th and 14th floor. We were 9 people inside, with no air (they have music instead of ventilator inside), waiting for rescue for about 20 or 25 minutes. It was a terrible experience! We have not very much time to loose for waiting the one working elevator for 20 minutes or more, so we had to use the stairs from 2 and 4th floor to 18th floor. I wanted to use the elevator for staff, but one very rude and not kindly cleaning lady didn't let me in saying we have enough elevators (Hey gentile lady, the elevators don't work, we were in one of them for 20 minutes yesterday evening. "I don't care, this is for staff only, not for you!"... and she closed the door of elevator. Very kind, I will be your guest next time I come to Belgrade. NOT!).
Well other things were OK. The breakfast was good, a large buffet with a lot of different food. No extra charging sockets in the room, you have to plug out the air condition or TV or use the socket in the bathroom, if you want to charge the photo camera or telephone. But this is not very big problem. Smoking is allowed in the room, I was very surprised about that. If you hate the smell of smoke, this hotel is not for you. Very beautiful view from the restaurant, but the location of the hotel is not very OK.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Family of five. Stayed at hottelet for 3 days.
Had a double suite, it worked OK.
+ Guarded parking, short distance to the city center by public transport
- A little slow internet, boring breakfast buffet,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bjarne W
Naugatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was a one-nighter, but sufficient to invite me back again. The 13th floor offered a wonderful panoramic view of a good slice of the city, and the location is masterful for exploring Belgrade - just wonderful! Check in was a little slow (perhaps because 15 of us descended on the lobby at the same time) and I found it a bit curious that the remote for the air conditioner was distributed at check in along with the key! (They couldn't find my remote as I checked in, so I collected it later). I (and other colleagues) found that the limit of 26 degrees C set on the remotes was simply inadequate cooling for the room. I had to sleep on the bed that was directly in line with the flow of air to be comfortable, rather than the usual place away from the direct flow of air.

The hotel is clean quiet and inviting. The sitting room/waiting area outside the elevators on each floor feels like a living room and tempts you to just sit, enjoy and let the elevator go about its way! The restaurant offerings were good, and the portions MORE than manageable/adequate! I found disturbing, though, the cigarette smoke from patrons near our table - I think I ingested more smoke than food. If the restaurant has a no smoking section, they certainly didn't offer it to us when we checked in.

The wake up call was prompt and I saw enough of this hotel to convince me that this would be my lodging place for my next trip, whether for business or pleasure. You would not regret staying here...just ask them to reset the a/c remote if it is summer time! One of my colleagues asked and it was done without fuss.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better view of the city. I had no sense of direction, but my guess is that wh...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank BloomingMisfit
Orry-la-Ville, France
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I am travelling for business 100 nights per year approximatively, so I know a lot of different locations, good, not good, etc. this hotel is one of my worst experience. I was with customers of mine and it was a shame for me to have this night in this hotel : my room was smelly mixing of smokes and not sufficient air, carpet was old and nasty, the water in the toilettes was leaking all the night inspite I called twice the room service, the bathroom was so old with broken ceramics and moisture in the shower, one colleague of mine had to room the empty bottles of beers from the bathroom, the beds are very old...For breakfast, you have to pay extra 1,50 € for a Capuccino... such an experience, never again! only the entrance gives you the impression it is a great hotel, then the reality is the total oposite.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank eisenstein

Travelers are raving about these Belgrade hotels

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Poor breakfast -now is vegetables time but in buffe zero vegetables -but they have in Serbia amazing tomatos ;)
Internet for free
In front is bus stop You can go to city center
Walking distance from hotel is very good National restaurant Stary Bunar (ask in recepcion ) good choice for dinner

• Stayed September 2012
Kragujevac, Serbia
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Rooms are clean, breamfasf is classic buffet, they have very good potatto croquetes, TRY THEM! toma and mileta are the best waiters ever!!!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Anonymous_Kg
Europe
Reviewed October 13, 2011

A tiny single room, no shampoo or other products except for liquid soap, gray towels, room stank of stale cigarette smoke. But the breakfast was good and the terrace nice.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business