“Overall excellent stay”

Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The staff all-around were excellent, especially the one at the front desk who checked me in.  Every time I'd walk by after that she'd remember to ask me by name if the last thing she helped me with worked out well - from restaurants to directions, etc.  Also, the staff in the health club and spa were good.   Yes, I said spa...the SPG platinum benefit was (on top of the normal 500 points) a 30 minute complimentary massage...which I upgraded to 60 minutes for only 30 euros.  What a deal!  Wasn't the best massage I've ever had, but for the price paid it was outstanding!  I also used the gym, which was pretty good for a hotel gym.  Plenty of cardio machines, and a decent small weight area.  Back to the staff, I used the hotel car service to the airport since I had to go at oh-dark-thirty, and although the driver loved going over 140kph on the highway and was way too chatty and caffeinated for that hour of the morning, it was a comfortable trip.

The room was an upgrade to something the size of a junior suite, but was called an executive deluxe or some such thing.  Very comfortable, nicely furnished and all-around pretty good.  Nothing outstanding, but solid.  Nice rain shower, comfortable bed, and good workspace with lots of outlets.

The only small drawback of the hotel to me was the executive lounge.  Don't get me wrong, the happy hour munchies were decent, and there was plenty of wine, but the ambiance was a serious shortcoming.  Remember me mentioning above that Etihad had taken a 49% stake in Air Serbia?  Well, both nights I was there, I was one of maybe 3 non-Etihad employees in the lounge, and there were 20+ Etihad crew clearly on layover turning it into their own private party room.  They talked as if nobody else was there (and in fairness they WERE 90% of the people there) and the staff clearly knew all of them well and laughed and joked with them.  So, just a note to the hotel, I know you're probably making a fortune off them, but it's important to be considerate of your other guests as well.

Only ate in the hotel one time, and that was breakfast because it was included in my corporate rate.  Breakfast spread was absolutely fantastic.  I normally don't drink juice unless it's fresh, and they had amazing fresh-squeezed orange juice.  Great pastries, lots of hot items, cold cuts, fruits, cheeses - you name it.  The breakfast was a huge positive.

All in all, I'd definitely return again when I'm in Belgrade.  I'm sure had I reached out to the staff about the lounge issue they would have proposed something, and it really was a very minor distraction...considering I love airline talk most of the time!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ironmanjt2
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your time and a thoroughly insightful review of Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

Your kind words of praise and encouragement, and careful review of hotel accommodation, service and SPA facilities will be shared with all hotel employees in order to encourage them to continue providing the very best service that has become a Metropol Palace trademark.

Concerning the executive lounge we would like to reassure you we are taking steps in order to make improvements and we hope the ambiance will exceed your expectations next time you stay at Metropol Palace Belgrade.

We are delighted you have been treated with outmost care by our attentive employees at the hotel front desk and at the Spa reception. Likewise, we are pleased to learn that the breakfast selection met with your approval and that you enjoyed the wide selection of fresh pastries and freshly squeezed juices.

One more time thank you for your high appreciation and rest assured that we look forward to welcoming you again at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I liked this hotel very much! The rooms are nice, the personnel is highly polite and attentive, the cuisine at the hotel restaurant is delicious. The localtion of the Hotel is also good: right at the ceter of the city and around there are a lot of sites of interest and convenient places for shopping.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of Metropol Palace Belgrade, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

Be assured that your words of praise will be shared with all the employees who made your stay with us a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Also, we are sure that other fellow travelers will appreciate your review of the location and it will help them recognize Metropol Palace for its unparalleled location the center of Belgrade.

We look forward to having you stay with us again at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel and we assure you that we will continue the fine tradition of providing the best service.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Spent a weekend in Metropol and liked it a lot. Especially the staff, they were all very nice and genuine. Always with the smile and extremely helpful. The location of the hotel is good, because it is about 10 minutes walk from the old city centre. Rooms are clean and I suppose recently renovated. The hotel has a pool and saunas which is ok, but not more. They also have a nice and modern fitness centre.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ales11_11
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write such a positive comment regarding your stay with us, please accept warm greetings from all of us here at Hotel Metropol Palace, Belgrade.

Our employees take great pride in providing top-notch service and making Metropol Palace a repeat choice for all our esteemed guests. Our hotel underwent extensive refurbishment and our Spa & Fitness Center is a veritable oasis in the city center.

Marili Drandaki,

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stay in new hotel - Metropol Palace. Excellent location but the price is too high. The tea is around 3 euro! I was little surprise because the standard price for tea is around 1,5 EUR maximum wherever I sit with my friends from Belgrade. All other things in hotel are perfect. The room, the service, the food. But if they want to be expensive hotel they need to try harder to get me to come back again in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anne G

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your time and your kind review of Metropol Palace Belgrade, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

We are proud of the excellent service we offer and of the memorable luxury experience we give all our guests. As for the prices we are sorry that you felt they are too steep.

Your positive comments will stimulate our employees to maintain excellent quality of service and we are pleased you were satisfied with our food selection.

One more time thank you for your high appreciation, we hope you will give us a chance to exceed your expectations next time travel bring you to Belgrade and please feel free to contact us directly.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I can only say good things about my stay at the Metropol Palace.
Top notch service delivered in a very nice environment. Everybody I talked to has been extremely helpful and polite. Interior design is modern and pleasant (I don't know exactly, but to me it looked recently renovated). I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank morghi76
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Metropol Palace Belgrade, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

Please know that your positive comments will be shared with our employees who made your stay a satisfying experience.

Indeed the hotel underwent refurbishment and re-opened in 2012 with a beautiful modern interior that also respects the great tradition and heritage of this Belgrade landmark.

We sincerely look forward to having you as a guest at Metropol Palace next time travel brings you to Belgrade.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I spent two days on business occasion in this hotel, the first time after its renovation and upgrade. I have been in almost all better hotels in Serbia and in my opinion this is the most luxurious hotel in Serbia.
I read reviews on this site before I went there and I expected not polite staff or at least not on five star level. My experience is totally different: very professional, gracious staff (in reception, lobby, in front of hotel etc.). I am sure that this staff is not the level of good five star hotel staff in Europe.
Room was commodious with beautiful king size bed, big LED TV, good offer in mini bar, free two bottles of water and a lot of other useful things.
Bathroom has both bathtub and shower cabin with good selection of nice amenities.
Spa center is also very nice (pool, jacuzzi, steam room, ice room and sauna), It is of course free of charge for guests.
The only thing in which I have complaint is breakfast. It is good but definitively not on five star level. Offer is average with very limited selection of meat products, eggs, breads etc. Since I was on business I had another two meals and impression was the same for lunch and dinner.
At the end, few words about location. It is in the old part of town, on a very busy Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra street. It is 10 minutes walk to the center of the city.

However, I will strongly recommend this hotel especially for the business travelers.

Room Tip: Front side of hotel looks on busy street and back side on the nice Tasmajdan park. If you prefer sil...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank nesic

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your time and review of Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

Your kind words of praise and encouragement and careful review of hotel facilities, service and location will be shared with all hotel employees in order to make improvements in areas per your suggestion and to encourage staff to continue providing the very best service.

We are delighted you have been treated with outmost care by our attentive employees and that you have given Metropol Palace such a high praise for the luxurious accommodations and décor.

Concerning the breakfast selection we would like to reassure you we are taking steps in order to make improvements and our breakfast will meet and exceed your expectations next time you stay at Metropol Palace Belgrade.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Dear Managment of Metropol Palace, what happend, I was in march and it was excellent, but now I can not belive what is happening, poor service, not trained staff, basic things like smile, greting a guest, food was not eatible, to salty. Sorry to say but very disappointing, it is not Hotel taht was before.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Mishel M

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a repeat guest and for choosing Metropol Palace whenever travel brings you to Belgrade. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best service and quality hospitality and we regret to learn that your experience at Metropol Palace was not satisfactory.

We would like to thank you for bringing certain issues to our attention and to kindly assure you that we have already taken corrective steps to make improvements in certain areas.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Metropol Palace thus giving us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you experienced the first time you stayed with us.

As a hotel that takes great pride in tradition of excellence we reassure you that your next stay with us will be an impeccable experience.