“The most luxurious hotel in Serbia”

Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Belgrade
Uzice, Serbia
“The most luxurious hotel in Serbia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I spent two days on business occasion in this hotel, the first time after its renovation and upgrade. I have been in almost all better hotels in Serbia and in my opinion this is the most luxurious hotel in Serbia.
I read reviews on this site before I went there and I expected not polite staff or at least not on five star level. My experience is totally different: very professional, gracious staff (in reception, lobby, in front of hotel etc.). I am sure that this staff is not the level of good five star hotel staff in Europe.
Room was commodious with beautiful king size bed, big LED TV, good offer in mini bar, free two bottles of water and a lot of other useful things.
Bathroom has both bathtub and shower cabin with good selection of nice amenities.
Spa center is also very nice (pool, jacuzzi, steam room, ice room and sauna), It is of course free of charge for guests.
The only thing in which I have complaint is breakfast. It is good but definitively not on five star level. Offer is average with very limited selection of meat products, eggs, breads etc. Since I was on business I had another two meals and impression was the same for lunch and dinner.
At the end, few words about location. It is in the old part of town, on a very busy Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra street. It is 10 minutes walk to the center of the city.

However, I will strongly recommend this hotel especially for the business travelers.

Room Tip: Front side of hotel looks on busy street and back side on the nice Tasmajdan park. If you prefer sil...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank nesic
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your time and review of Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

Your kind words of praise and encouragement and careful review of hotel facilities, service and location will be shared with all hotel employees in order to make improvements in areas per your suggestion and to encourage staff to continue providing the very best service.

We are delighted you have been treated with outmost care by our attentive employees and that you have given Metropol Palace such a high praise for the luxurious accommodations and décor.

Concerning the breakfast selection we would like to reassure you we are taking steps in order to make improvements and our breakfast will meet and exceed your expectations next time you stay at Metropol Palace Belgrade.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Dear Managment of Metropol Palace, what happend, I was in march and it was excellent, but now I can not belive what is happening, poor service, not trained staff, basic things like smile, greting a guest, food was not eatible, to salty. Sorry to say but very disappointing, it is not Hotel taht was before.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Mishel M
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a repeat guest and for choosing Metropol Palace whenever travel brings you to Belgrade. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best service and quality hospitality and we regret to learn that your experience at Metropol Palace was not satisfactory.

We would like to thank you for bringing certain issues to our attention and to kindly assure you that we have already taken corrective steps to make improvements in certain areas.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Metropol Palace thus giving us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you experienced the first time you stayed with us.

As a hotel that takes great pride in tradition of excellence we reassure you that your next stay with us will be an impeccable experience.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel claims to be 5 stars but I would say more 31/2 to 4.
I chose this hotel, as I had been travelling around Europe and we decided to treat ourselves to a nice upmarket hotel as it was our last night prior to catching our flight back home.
I also chose this hotel because it stated it had 2 restaurants. We wanted a choice because we wanted to stay in. This was not the case. It only had one with very little choice and overpriced. When we enquired about this, the staff stated there was only 1 restaurant but a 2nd one was being built and they were unsure when it would be finished.
Service was terrible. The girls at reception were not friendly or inviting. There is no valet parking either.
The rooms were'n.t very big either or luxurious. They appeared worn and basic. Scratches and drinks/glass stains on all the wooden fitting and scratches all over the wooden floor. It also looked dirty and needs a thorough clean and update. However, I did like the big bathroom and shower.
Breakfast was included in our price, but for the what we paid, it wasn't worth it. There wasn't a lot of variety and I waited approximately 10 minutes to get a piece of bread for breakfast. Although there was a variety on the buffet, for the price and the hotel, it wasn't a 5 star breakfast. I've had better breakfasts in 3 star hotels! Quality of food not good. Overcooked or undercooked. Fruit not looking fresh and it was struggle to get a cup of coffee. I asked at least 3 waiters and saw other patrons doing the same.
it also advertised on the website that they can organise a airport shuttle. Upon arrival, I enquired about this straight away and booked and paid for it because we had an early flight in the morning. I confirmed with the staff that we would book a large van as it was needed and we were assured that this was done.
When we arrived for our transport in the morning it was not what we had agreed on and paid for. They were not helpful in resolving this issue and informed me that we would either have to pay more or go out onto the street and organise our own transport (lovely customer service from a 5 start hotel...not!). We couldn't do this as we were already needing to be on our way to the airport so we reluctantly paid the extra 20 euro to have them take us.
It was a very disappointing stay for the money one outlays to stay in a 5 star hotel. It was our last night prior to our journey home and it almost destroyed our lovely memories of our holiday.
I would not recommend this hotel. It is overpriced and over rated. I have stayed in better 3 star hotels with better decor, better food and beverages, better service and better locations.
If you are wanting 5 star and the quality that is suppose to come with it, do not stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Simone N
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Ms. Simone,

First of all I would like to thank you for your stay with us and for bringing your experience to our attention. Your remarks are helping us to improve the quality of our services and our performance in general. We truly value our guests’ comments and regret when their expectations are not met.

The issues raised are certainly not reflective of the usual standards of our hotel. I understand your disappointment and I would like to express a sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.

In regards to your comments, let me assure you that a detailed corrective action has already been implemented and we are working constantly on staff training and development of service. Our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and it is my sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting us when you are next in Belgrade.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Metropol Palace allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you expect and deserve at a Luxury Collection Hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I am an SPG fan, the unique location, hip and friendly staff, and spacious facilities made my Belgrade stay exceed my expectations. Room 907 with amazing airplane view, interesting food-hotel was full slight problems due to that

• Stayed October 2013
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear valued guest,

May I thank you for your time taken to write such a positive comments regarding your stay with us and to extend the greetings from all here at the Hotel Metropol Palace Belgrade.

Your positive comments will stimulate our staff to maintain and even evaluate the excellent quality of service.

One more time thank you for your high appreciation and rest assured that we look forward to welcome you again, hopefully in the very near future.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is smart and clean, staff good on the whole, rooms comfortable, great free wifi. What lets the hotel down is the restaurant, food choice and service in the evening. Sure you can eat outside, most people do, I can only presume because the evening service is poor. For a hotel of this quality, the restaurant should match and be outstanding, it's mediocre.
Overall I like the hotel, work needs doing though to train the service staff better in the bar and restaurant.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TSAUH
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for posting your review. Feedback from our guests allows us to constantly improve our service.

Your concerns are being addressed with the relevant department and we hope to have you back at Metropol Palace Hotel and restaurant allowing us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you expect and deserve.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I am in a hotel right now. I am also coming here for meetings and business lunches. My wife is a member in welness. I can tell you the folowing: The hotel looks fine, lobby and restaurant are ok, rooms are warm and pleasent. But, and there is allways a but, service is TERIBBLE!!!! First thing that you get when you drive your car on hotels enterance is a strange look if yous as presonal to park them. The same thing hapends when you want your car back. Thay just give you the key and tell you that a car is at the parking lot. In spa presonal is not pleasent and kind, but rude. In a restaurant you need to wait a long time go get any atention and food is dull. I ordered a glass of cogniac Hennesy XO, and I got a wet and cold glass and no caffe beans.
The last thing that happened is that there is only one bath roap in our room.
This is only a small fragmet if what I have to say about this hotel. I am very sorry that this is the case, beacuse this is my home town, and we need 5 star hotels in Belgrade.
For now, Hyatt (aldo it is old ond needs renovation) and Square Nine are a lot better for same money. I realy hope that managers of this hotel will do someting to fix this, because if thay dont, thay can lose all of thair business when Crown Plaza and Radisson opens in next monts.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Ministar
Dear Sir,

First of all, thank you very much for sharing with us and other travellers your recent experience at the Metropol Palace Hotel.

We genuinely value our guests’ comments and regret when their expectations are not met. Please accept our sincerest apologies. The issues raised are certainly not reflective of the usual standards of our hotel. Your concerns are being addressed with the heads of relevant departments and we are constantly working on staff training and development of service.

May I take this opportunity to assure you that our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and it is my sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting Metropol Palace Hotel.

So far as you are in Belgrade it would be pleasure to welcoming you again to Metropol Palace, meet with you personally and being of service to you on many occasions.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a big hotel, renovated to a good standard. My room was large, overlooking a park to the side so I had no problems with noise, even though the hotel was full with a congress. The bathroom is also large and very weel equipped. Breakfast was business as usual, although I was expecting more from a 5 star hotel. Although there were many waiters around, my filter coffee took over 15 minutes to arrive! The food and breads selection is OK. An idea might be to put the serving stations/buffet somewhere with more space to move around... Service was excellent and fast. Depsite the hotel beign quite full, the checking in and out was swift and with a smile.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the side as the front can be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Marili D, Director of Operations at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your time and effort to review Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

Please know that we always welcome constructive advice and that your review will serve as incentive for improvement in the areas you suggested. We are pleased you enjoyed the room and the hotel facilities, and we are sorry that your breakfast coffee experience was not a memorable one, excellence in all aspects is what we strive for.

Your positive comments will be shared with hotel staff whose service you appreciated and complimented on.

We look forward to having you stay with us again at Metropol Palace, A Luxury Collection Hotel and we assure you that we will continue the fine tradition of providing the best service.