“Superb food, lots of people, lots of music. Go for the "TORO experience"”

Toro Latin Gastrobar
Ranked #8 of 1,708 Restaurants in Belgrade
Cuisines: Latin, South American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: TORO Latin GastroBar is a creative blend of Pan Latin styles and flavors. Chef-owner Richard Sandoval, whose accolades include Bon Appetit Restaurateur of the Year and Mexico's Toque d'Oro, artfully spins South and Central American ingredients into small plates designed for sharing. The beverage menu features innovative cocktails, a collection of Latin wines and a variety of spirits created for sipping and enjoying. The vibrant decor fuses traditional and contemporary tastes, the perfect setting to savor Chef Richard Sandoval's acclaimed cuisine.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On a business trip, our colleagues took us to TORO. It sits right on the river, and on a warm summer night, I can only imagine the experience is even better.

We were a group of 8. Even on a Wednesday in May reservations are definitely needed to get a table. This place is busy.

The restaurant itself is decorated in a cool fashion. there is a oversize old fashioned usable swing hanging from the ceiling at one place, large wall paintings and all kinds of bits and pieces everywhere. Very cool atmosphere.
For ME, the music level in the room is a bit too loud. You can speak with the people next to you, but the colleagues at the other end was very difficult to hear.

We got the "TORO Experience", and OH MY GOODNESS that was an experience. I lost count of how many different little taste-nuggets they brought to the table, but it seemed like it kept coming.
Every small dish is the TORO version of whichever particular commodity was used.
Without fail, EVERY single thing that was brought to the table tasted just fantastic. The only let-down was a pizza-looking thing. It did not taste bad, not at all, but compared to the rest of the food it was a little bit less WOW-factor.
I have seen and eaten at some nice places around the world. This dinner is in my top-3 all time experience.

The staff was very friendly, and by far the most spoke really good English as well.

I have to be honest and say that my colleague picked up the bill, so I do not know the price. judging by it being on the river, and the amount of people on a regular Wednesday I would guess that it is not the cheapest in Belgrade, but also not the most expensive along the river.

But... forget the price... go for the food experience. Superb!

There was more food than in the pictures... I just lost track at some point :-)

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Best staff best food best value ever...:) we were so happy with the treatment.. thanks for complimantary drinks and thanks to all..:)

Reviewed May 16, 2019

I really liked this place, the vibe, the food, the music, the location. I was with a large group and the restaurant delivered a great flow of fantastic dishes, wine, and lots of smiling. If I go back to Belgrade, this is the place I wanna hang out.

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

I enjoyed the cuisine here - and the service. It’s a lot like Anbar (just down the road) but specializing in Latin food. Nice outdoor eating area.

1  Thank andrewpderry
TORO LATIN GAST... B, Manager at Toro Latin Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Dear andrewpderry,

Thank you for your review.
We are happy to know that you had nice time with us.

We are looking forward to host you again, for 5 star experience you deserve.

Latin regards from Toro crew,

Sasa Ristic

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

I was with friends early this day and i can said that food is really good, but...
Server's uniform was dirty, he had stains on his shirt, which in this type of restaurant must not happen.
After that, I tried a glass of warm lemonade.
I almost did not recover all that super food.
Really bad experience!