“Perfect gelato in center of Belgrade!”
Review of Moritz Eis

Moritz Eis
Ranked #1 of 37 Dessert in Belgrade
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: We believe in the amazing Serbian gardens of predominantly organic fruits and vegetables. It gives us the chance to create a new Eis experience for our friends and customers. In our Sladoledionica, we cherry-pick and then carefully craft the most delicious ingredients into both traditional and unpredictable combinations of flavours. We are strong believers in sustainable agriculture, low food miles and fair trade. Whenever we can, we source our raw materials from small producers or growers directly. We say no to additives and artificial products, which is why what you taste is real.
Belgrade, Serbia
“Perfect gelato in center of Belgrade!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This contemporary place is very special and unique. Gelato is always fresh and made out of most interesting ingredients. You will find tastes like Vanilla from Madagascar, baklava, white chocolate, ginger, and many different fruit tastes like raspberry, lemon&juniper, blueberry, tangerine etc. They also have free delivery so you can always have a dose of this beautiful gelato where ever you are.
The interior is random and contemporary but very fresh and they also have very good cappuccino and not more than two types of cake, usually there is chocolate and orange cake.
So when ever you are in center of Belgrade do not miss this special place.

• Visited February 2013

• Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
“Nice range of ice creams”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I really like the way that Belgrade is evolving. Moritz Eis is a good example of this with it's 50+ varied flavours.

I visited the smaller store near Mercator (in the Red Riding Hood centre - called that because it is red). It's on the side facing the Federation palace. I tell you this because the shop numbers have no relevance to the positioning :D

In this smaller shop there were only about 15 flavours. We had beetroot and hibiscus, raspberry sorbet, dark choc, vanilla and banana and cinnamon. This shows you the large range you can get (of ice cream or sorbets)

Service, as usual in Belgrade, was done with a grimace so I shan't mark them too harshly on it as it really IS the norm.

The ice cream was lovely - no ice crystals and very smooth. They use organic ingredients and it is freshly made, unlike the rest of the sladoled (serby for Ice cream) in Belgrade which is much more mass produced.

The shop was small with two tables. It was clean and smoke free.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank awhite-london
Belgrade, Serbia
“Excellent ice cream in Begrade!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

As a true ice cream lover, I tasted ice cream in each city I have visited so far and I was very happy to learn that ice cream of top quality is available now in Belgrade, too! This one is in top 5 of all that I have ever tasted.

The choice is very big and varying, depending on the season and offer on green markets, so each day you may be tempted by a new flavor. The stuff is very kind and friendly, and they will help you make your choice and let you taste any kind of ice cream for free, before choosing your perfect combination.

I personally prefer creamy and milky ice creams, so I would recommend chestnut (great! like a chestnut puree), vanilla, banana & cinnamon, or baklava, but I have to be honest and admit that sorbets are even better and among them, I find pear to be the best one. Earl grey is very interesting, as well as matcha green tea, hibiscus & beet root...

The upper part of the store is available for those who prefer to seat and enjoy their ice creams there. You can also have a cup of coffee, affogato, hot chocolate, or ice cream cocktail. I haven't tried any of them so far, because each time I was there, I could not resist to have ice cream :) There is some selection of cakes, as well...

Prices are a bit higher than in other Belgrade ice cream shops, but the quality is at least twice higher, so I find the prices to be fully justified. Especially, if we have in mind the prices of other top ice creams in Europe.

Big thanks to Mr Moritz for choosing Belgrade for his ice cream store!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank tatocka
Paris, France
“We need more ice cream shops like this in Belgrade”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have nothing but compliments for this place. Interior might not be to your liking, it is very snappy and modern (it does look more like Austria than Serbia) but ice creams are top notch. You can really feel the given taste - their pear is one of the best I've had. Living in Paris, I've been to their best ice cream shops, like Pozzetto, Grom and Berthillon, and this one is in that line. The service is good, people working there are kind, for exemple the owner brought us a free sample of their ice cream they were working on, so what more can you expect ? Thumps up for this place. Let's hope they keep up the good work.

• Visited December 2012
5 Thank BDjP
Budapest, Hungary
“unusual”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I could say that i have tried this ice creams while visiting Belgrade in October this year and I could say that I have tried unusual flavors like choco chili ! They even had pumpkin ice cream.
The place is in the city cent next to restaurant Proloce , which servs exvellent Serbian food !

• Visited October 2012