“Boyko , Lom , Bulgaria”

Zavicaj Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 1,280 Restaurants in Belgrade
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A chain of ethno restaurants Zavicaj is reflected in ethno decor which is creating tempting atmosphere for those who want to experience this authentic ambient. Plates, bowls, cups, and cutlery are made of pottery. Beer is served in mugs made of clay, and traditional drink called ,,rakija" is served in so called "čokančić" that is actually unique type of a small traditional bottle. If you just take a look of the interior you can see decorated coffee pots on wooden shelves, very old coffee mills and irons and similar details. The parts of Serbian costume and heritage are hanging on the walls. You are going to be attracted with interesting beautiful pieces of Serbian folk art like. Plaid tablecloth and wooden chairs, wooden benches covered with a knitted patchwork are creating warm homely ambient. We tried to make each restaurant reflection of Serbian heritage, where you can find handmade crafts from the hands of our grandmothers, ethno clothes, and walls decorated with big number of characteristic details and old object..
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great food. Friendly staff. The food was coked in time. We asked for dishes weren't in the menu. The answer was : Sure , we can cook it :) Well done!!!

There are newer reviews for Zavicaj Restaurant

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We went here to eat before heading to the Kombank Arena, and since we saw the many reviews about this place and not being from Serbia we decided to try it for ourselves. One lady greeted us before we even entered. Got a nice little table at the window, wich was not really a window, it was open because it was hot outside and it just felt awesome, you were inside but feeling like on a terrace. Items on the menu really had good prices, so very good value for money. We got the lamb in a pot and let's just say we really couldn't finish it. It was very good but it was A LOT of meat. I've been to places where when you order lamb you get 1/4 of the portion here. If you get the beer, the 0.6 you get a mug like in the picture.

Other than that we left satisfied. I recommend this.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This place is a small bistro, with an amazing selection of Serbian food, it's almost like you're invited by your local friends for a dinner. Waiters speak English, you can pay with a card. Only con: service is a bit slow when all tables are booked (and as everywhere else, you can smoke inside).

Reviewed March 24, 2014

That was my second time in Belgrade and I've finally opened that the city has places where to enjoy the real Serbian cuisine. My friend took me to this restaurant, as almost for 2 months I was dreaming about chevapchici and rakija from quince (dunja, айва, pigwa). So what I've seen - there were not chevapchici, but BIG chevape and they were delicious. Also home-made kajmak - of three different tastes, home-made bread and rakija from quince, also home-made. Just to compare - everything was fresh and tasty, very close to cuisine of ethno-village Drvengrad (Mokra Gora) built by Emir Kusturica. Rakija was served in such interesting glasses and was perfect. It's a pity I hadn't try more, 'coz I was full, but for next time I know that I will try pleskavica, corba and some salads. So be prepared - portions there a huge.
Interior of restaurant is stylized as serbian kuca (cottage). As I was told some things are from real serbian villages. I think Ukrainians and Poles can find something familiar here to our culture. This place has some features from ukrainian kolyba's and polish karczma's. Also nice is folk music, but it wasn't loud, so you can talk and it doesn't disturb you.
As good side of this place - not only tourists were there, but also local people, so I trust their choice - for sure they know other places in the city where to go, but they were in Zavičaj :-)
Some "technical" points:
Personnel is friendly, waiters speak good English. Menu is in English too. You can pay cash or card - for me it was important, because for example in Budapest you hardly find a place in the centre where you can pay by card. And prices are democratic :-) Restaurant has two halls - for smokers and for people, who like healthy way of life, and trully - they have very good ventilation in smoker's area, so smoke doesn't prevent you from eating and having good time. Also it seems for me to be a good place for a big company of friends - they have space and rich menu for all tastes.
Мені дуже нагадало київську мережу "Закарпатська колиба" років 2011 - 2012, коли там було просто чудове поєднання ціна - якість. Зараз у "Колибі" якість залишилась, а ціни виросли. Так от - тут ще це поєднання залишилось. Ресторан є приємний, атмосфера є не пафосна, але і не проста, не “дешева”. Тому можна спокійно запрошувати бізнес-колег, а не лише гучну компанію друзів. Ще — одразу по тому, як люди розрахувалися та пішли — тарілки та столи прибираються і досить ретельно, що мене також приємно вразило. Не мусиш чекати, аж приберуть начиння, а столи чистять такою смішною пароочисною штукою — не знаю, як диво сіє називається. :-) Загалом — дуже позитивне враження. Шкода, що не працювала літня тераса, хоча здається її там і немає. Знаю, що ця мережа має ще ресторани у інших містах Сербії, тому якщо побачу десь в Ніші знайому назву — зайду не замислюючись. До речі - цей ресторан входить у 20-ку найкращих у Белграді.
Restouracja jest piękna. Gorąco polecam.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Traditional place with great service, excellent price and most important, the food was absolutely amazing and delicious. I would highly recommend this place!