“cozy and very good restaurant”
Review of The Square

The Square
Ranked #174 of 1,312 Restaurants in Belgrade
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Impeccable service, elegant atmosphere, and a selection of international fine wines and spirits compliment Square Nine's expertly rendered contemporary continental cuisine. The hotel produces its own in-house, honey and other gourmet products including organic wine from its partner vineyard. The dining room accommodates 60 - 80 guests, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with an al fresco courtyard open according to season. Both spaces may be reserved for private events.
Reviewed October 12, 2013

a nice and very cozy restaurant in Belgrade.
I was staying in the hotel and decide to give a chance to the restaurant down.
the atmosphear is nice very cozy based on leather and wood.
the staff is well trained and know what to advice you specially the sommelier.
I told him I want something fresh and he adviced me for a rose cote de Provence
the wine was wonderful.
the rest of the meal was nice with well prepared food
the salmon is amazing and the beed very nice.
the sum of the dinner wasnt so affordable comparing to the place so it makes a nice surprise

4  Thank Greg L
Jelena D, Public Relations Manager at The Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear "SrbaJ"

Thank you very much for the review of our restaurant The Square.

We are delighted that you enjoy our special events as the hotel, such as the Sunday Brunch, Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, guest Chef from Capri, etc, and both Mr. Kostic and Mr. Herceg are grateful for your lovely review.

We hope to see you at our restaurants many more times.

Jelena Djakovic

Reviewed October 3, 2013

And so are their other dining events (Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, guest Chef from Capri, etc.)

My sincere congratulations to the owners, Nenad Kostic, F&B Manager, and Goran Herceg, Matre d'.

As my colleague Nikola Maravic stated in his review of this hotel,
"Being a local, I consider myself very critical towards Belgrade resturants and service industry in general. This is a true example of how professional and high-stranard one restaurant could and should be. Every single aspect of our experience deserves 5-star rating. From professional and caring staff, who listens and responds efficiently to customer needs, to elegant interior and excellent food. I hope they will keep the bar highly raised.."

I could not agree more

1  Thank SrbaJ
Jelena D, Public Relations Manager at The Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear "SrbaJ",

Thank you very much for your comments.

We are truly happy that you enjoy our special events and the offer of our restaurant.
We strive to improve our offer and service every day and continuously offer true fine dining to Belgrade.

We hope to see you back at The Square soon.

Jelena D.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

There may be better places to EAT in the city, with better value for money, but there is no better place to DINE.

Surroundings are classy and beautiful, service is great and not too stuffy.
Best of all, the food is delicious.

Highlights currently include: baby chicken wrapped in bacon, an amazing (and heavy) tagliatelle with goose liver and the white chocolate and baked Alaska desserts- they are as good as any Michelin starred restaurant I've been too.

Will be back if i can help it.

Jelena D, Public Relations Manager at The Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear "lordzoidberg",

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
We are delighted that enjoy our setting, service and food selection!

We look forward to welcoming you at our restaurant again.

With kind regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Good reception. Great food and fabulous interieur at the lobby Restaurant......but !!! Please find some waiters that have experience. We were so disapointed ! Some od the waiters are definetly at the wrong place there. They are destroying everything what was good at the beginning :-( will try the Japenese Restaurant next time but never again the lobby Restaurant !

Jelena D, Public Relations Manager at The Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear "PetarCubrilo",

Thank you very much for your review of The Square restaurant.
Your comments are very valuable to us, and help us to constantly improve our service.
We are very happy that you enjoyed both our food selection and ambiance.

We were sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our service.
We can assure you that this was a specific one-time occurrence and that, should you give us a second chance again, we will prove so.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Ebisu rooftop restaurant.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had a girls outing for my birthday in the Square Nine restaurant (party of 7 50-something young-at-heart women) and we had an absolutely wonderful experience with the tasting menu. It was a rather chilly April night but we chose outdoor seating in the beautiful courtyard. Everything was fabulous: beautiful setting, imaginative and delicious seven gangs accompanied with a wonderful international wine selection, excellent service, efficient and courteous. For most of our party this was the first time at Square Nine and everyone was thrilled. If I may make one suggestion it would be to cut the first several gangs (maybe before the main dish) with a sorbet. Irrespective of this, we had a fantastic time and I was very happy with my choice of setting for such an occasion. Highly recommendable for a memorable night out in Belgrade!

Dear "Olgica D",

Thank you very much for your lovely review and I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back on many more occasions. We are happy that you had a great birthday, and we wish you all the best.

We are delighted that you enjoyed both our ambience and our food & wine selection.

Kind regards,