“Good food bad service”

Luda Kuca
Ranked #865 of 1,280 Restaurants in Belgrade
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very good food for my taste. I like secuan chicken, chicken with peanuts, and royal chicken (if you like your meet with fruit sirup!).
Haven't tried Japanese food which they are serving also.
On the other hand, stuff is traditionaly not friendly. No smiles, no speed, ...
Overall, I preffer to order takeaway - you order by phone, collect, and run.

There are newer reviews for Luda Kuca

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

From one of the first Asian food restaurants in Belgrade, this place got the title of the worst one without any hesitation.
I dont remeber seeing any actual pork or duck in my dish, and soup was so awfull that I gave up on it after one sip...
They could easily fire all their staff - from chef to so called waiters and start all over again...
Dont waste ur time and save ur nerves...

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food is grate maybe its the best chinees food in town :) pricea are fair and the service is too :)

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The wait staff could have been friendlier and white wine should be served cold, but the food was really good and some of the best Asian fusion that I have had in Belgrade.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Luda Kuca was one of the first Chinese places in Belgrade. They went waaay down in quality for years and years, but have recently re-opened in a newly-renovated location. The place looks awesome, and the chef cooks right in front of you.

I got take-out a couple of weeks ago, and commented to a colleague that it was really pretty good. So I decided to take a friend out to try it. What a mistake.

I won't even bother with how very AWFUL the service was, even by Belgrade standards. The man waiting on our table was dressed like he was posing at a cafe somewhere (the waitresses all seemed to have on some sort of uniform and were probably more professional). The "Hot and Sour" soup was some sort of soy-soaked glutinous mess with a couple of shreds of carrot in it. Worst soup I've ever tried. Needless to say, it sat on the table for an hour + while we waited on the rest of the food.

After our waiter got done smoking his cigarette and picked up our food (which we saw sitting there for a while before it came), the entrees were about as bad. My colleague's chicken was passable, but my 5-spiced pork should have been renamed "Hoisin Cabbage" as that's all it was.

I have grown to expect this CRAP from most Chinese places in town, but I thought Luda Kuca was finally doing something different. How sadly wrong I was.

To add insult to injury, after waiting and waiting for the check we finally proceeded to the cash register. After finishing another cigarette, our waiter gave me the bill and said, "that's without service". I simply replied, "you're exactly right", paid our tab, and left.

Never again. I will happily pay for more expensive food at the Peking, or make my way out to the Casino to get my Asian fix. Luda Kuca has a new facade, but it's the same old rotten restaurant inside.

You would be better off buying a bottle of hoisin yourself and drenching whatever ingredients you would like in it. Don't waste your money!

1  Thank pachyderms