“Srdjan the perfect guide in Belgrade”
Review of Explore Belgrade!

Explore Belgrade!
Belgrade Insight Private Tour
Ranked #3 of 70 Tours in Belgrade
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private city tours in Belgrade and one-day excursions to highlights of Serbia designed by local guide and heritage interpreter, founder of Explore Belgrade! - Srdjan Ristic. Exclusive experience for individual travelers, families or small groups. Special Interest Tours (Marshall Tito's Times, Christianity Tour, Royal Compound, Tesla Museum, Jewish Belgrade...) and day excursions (Novi Sad, monasteries, St. George royal mausoleum church at Oplenac...). We strive to exceed your expectations and make our private tours to be a highlight of your stay.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were four friends who spent 3 nights in Belgrade in October 2013. It was our first time in the city and we really enjoyed our stay. We had found the guide Srjdan on the internet and had prebooked him for a three hours-walking-tour on the first day. This tour became the best personal guided tour that we have ever taken. A fantastic lesson in history of Serbia and former Yugoslavia and at the same time very entertaining. We had so many nice laughs!
Srjdan was fantastic! During the three hours we got to see lots of different sites in Belgrade. Srjdan is professional, full of knowledge and he shares it in a very amusing and interesting way. He invited us for a fantastic Turkish coffee, rose-flavoured sweets at the restaurant “?”. There we also got some great Rakia. Nice! The tour lasted more than three hours bur that wasn´t a problem for Srjdan. The most important thing for him was to answer all our questions and make sure that we had a great time. At the end of the tour, Srjdan followed us all the way to a really Serbian lunch restaurant (great food and low prices) He wanted to be sure that we got to a nice place. So caring! We can strongly recommend Srjdan, he is an excellent tour guide and very warm person.

7  Thank HelenaSvLi
"rich knowledge"
"entertaining stories"
"past and present"
in 4 reviews
"knowledgeable and friendly guide"
"booked this tour"
"great guide"
in 4 reviews
"pearls"

Reviewed September 29, 2013

So glad that I discovered Explore Belgrade. Our day with Tanja was outstanding: informative, interesting, and just what I had hoped for. Tanja was helpful, patient, and a great driver. She communicated well in English and really listened to what we wanted to see.
I would hired Explore Belgrade again and ask for Tanja!

6  Thank 59Carol
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My friend and I had a 5-hour tour in Belgrade and decided to book a tour to soak in Belgrade rather than sit in the airport, of course. We were pleased to have spent a 1-1 tour with Srdjan where we took in the sights of the city and learned so much history. He was very informative and passionate about Serbian history. We would highly recommend his tour services!

6  Thank Val1128
Reviewed April 9, 2013

British historian A.J.P. Taylor wrote: "History is not another name for the past, as many people imply. It is the name for stories of the past."

When we get the opportunity to hear more stories, our understanding of history is enhanced.

This morning, April 9, 2013, my wife and I were part of a tour of old Belgrade that Srdjan Ristic guided. It would be difficult to overstate the quality of his narrative, from the fortress overlooking the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers, to the construction of the Cathedral of St. Sava.

If all guides had the skill and passion that Srdjan has, the peoples of the world would understand each other better.

Well done. And thank you.

6  Thank Jim_Szpajcher
See more reviews
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've been meaning to write a review about Explore Belgrade! ever since my return from Serbia a few weeks ago. The reason? I'm not sure I've ever come across a more knowledgeable and passionate guide than Srdjan Ristic.

I was lucky enough to share two tours with him: the first as part of a group, and the second on a one-to-one basis. What impressed me was how well he tailored his dialogue to his audience. He provided the perfect balance of information for our group tour of Novi Sad – not too much as to overwhelm people, but not too little either.

When it came to our one-to-one tour, however, he was happy to share as much information as I wanted – on topics ranging from Serbia’s turbulent history to its rich cultural identity. I was eager to absorb as much detail as possible, and he readily delivered.

As an aside, I cannot recommend enough Srdjan’s tour of Topola. St George’s Church – while relatively innocuous from the outside – has one of the most beautiful interiors I’ve ever seen. The mosaic-work you can observe here is spectacular.

7  Thank travels_regularly