“Fantastic Belgrade by night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Explore Belgrade!

Explore Belgrade!
Private Tour: Pearls of Vojvodina and Novi Sad from Belgrade
Ranked #6 of 53 Tours in Belgrade
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: City tours in Belgrade and one-day excursions to highlights of Serbia designed by local guide and heritage interpreter, founder of Explore Belgrade! - Srdjan Ristic. Private tours for individual travelers, families or small groups. Special Interest Tours (Marshall Tito's Times, Christianity Tour, Royal Compound, Tesla Museum, Jewish Belgrade...) and day excursions (Novi Sad, monasteries, St. George royal mausoleum church at Oplenac...). We strive to exceed your expectations and make our tours to be a highlight of your stay.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic Belgrade by night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had an afternoon and evening to spare in Belgrade and called upon Srdjan and his ExploreBelgrade! expertise. He arranged a fantastic custom tour, with private car ride through Belgrade in the evening, showcasing some of the best night views of this magnificent city. What I liked the best is his approach of providing just enough information to keep things interesting withouth being overwhelming. And, he's such a good driver :)

8 Thank Veglia_VV

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour Guide in Serbia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I had the opportunity to enjoy the tour Srdjan Ristic offered us in Belgrade. Srdjan has the scenario in his mind and he knows how to make you anticipate for the next stop to listen the story. He is an excellent tour guide and I suggest you to look for him if you visit Serbia.

10 Thank TheodoreKoumelis
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“an exceptional guide and a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I am an independent traveler and usually travel without a guide-and indeed think what's fun is often what you can't plan-however, because we were only in Belgrade for 8 days, my husband and I decided to hire Srjdan to help us maximise our available time and tailor make a tour(s) for us. This was the best money we spent in Serbia. Srdjan was an exceptional guide and he made our trip extraordinary! DAY 1: Kalamegden the fortress, downtown Belgrade, walking Prince Michael, St. Sava Church, Tito Museum. We started a day walking the fortress in downtown Belgrade, and with his expressive and detailed explanations we were able to grasp the 2300 (plus!) year history of the city and country. From the fortress, he drove us into the heart of downtown and again offered insight into the city's history. We were constantly reminded of the centuries of life in Belgrade and the context of the struggles for this land. I found Srjdan incredibly well-informed and researched and when we pestered him with questions he didn't hesitate to answer more. He knew that we were film makers and he offered us great tidbits on Tito (a lover of cinema), info on a Serbian documentary about the Yugoslav cinema that hasn't been released yet, stories of how some of the Yugoslav films were made with US movie stars and later took great pleasure in showing us the very chair that Tito sat in when he screened films. DAY 2: Fruska Gora, Sremski Krlovici, Novi Sad, Palic, Subotica. This day was incredible! The frescoes in the monastery were Incredibly moving and across from Novi Sad at the citadel, Srjdan again brought to life the history of the country. I was completely gob-smacked in Subotica. The architecture made me weep, I found it so beautiful. Also, in Subotica a famous Yugoslav singer was performing in Subotica City Hall and he managed to talk us past the guard so we could simply see this extraordinary performer in an even more extraordinary venue. Driving home my husband and Srdjan swapped motorcycle and rock and roll stories. DAY 3: The Royal Compound, and then just for my husband, The Antique Car Museum :-). I especially loved when we found occasion to take coffee breaks and eat delicious Serb pastry, and listen to stories. We couldn't stump Srdjan and he always had a thoughtful answer to our questions. We highly recommend Srdjan and his services and are planning our trip back to Serbia to see more with him!

9 Thank mzhope
Brussels
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great introduction to Belgrad, Serbia and the Balkans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had a great extended Belgrade city tour, well adjusted to our political questions and background. Srdjan is extremely knowledgable and gave a lot of personal input. Highly recommended!

Visited March 2012
10 Thank Joe11112
Brussels, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I can strongly recommend this tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

The tour turned out to be the best lesson in history of Serbia and former Yugoslavia that we had through our three days in Belgrade. Srjdan was exceptional, he was knowledgeable, informative, entertaining and smart with a great sense of humor. He kept us moving along so that we could see a lot of different sites in Belgrade. We couldn't have asked for a better guide. Srjdan was very passionate about it and really enjoyed sharing the country and culture with us. He answered tons of questions in a professional and kindly way. Time did not play a major role and our tour lasted much longer than expected. I can strongly recommend him. Thanks again! Hanno

Visited March 2012
9 Thank Jimbo303
Srdjan R, Owner at Explore Belgrade!, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you. You hae been exceptional and motivating audience. I would be honoured to give you more tours in Serbia!