“MEJOR PELLA Y VINO”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of EL Hispano - CLOSED

EL Hispano
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: www.hot-spot.rs/en/venues/restaurants/place/481/El+Hispano.html
Cancun, Mexico
“MEJOR PELLA Y VINO”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I've been business to Serbia,Belgrade,after meeting they took me in Restaurant,I believe to inpress me,DONE WITH SUCCESS,''Pulpo ala parrilla'' grill octopus as a starter tasty,''Paella sea food'' balanced flavour,''Carilleras de ternera'' - veal cheeks in red wine, rapsody in my mouth. Arzuaga Crianza quality beyond the price. Promise to the proffesional staff to come again. Highly recomended.

• Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
“What a disappointment !!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Contrary to most of the Tripadvisor comments, my impression is that this is the worst restaurant in Belgrade. Although rarely read Tripadvisor reviews before going to a restaurant in Belgraden (live here), this time for a special occasion I wanted something delicious, just like Spanish cuisine as we remembered from our trips. It was our 9th anniversary and it was poor choice for dinner. Service was so so, place itself was empty and sterile, atmosphere null. The food was a disaster from the starter to the main course. Soup of the day ( chicken ) bad , roasted vegetables with manchego cheese (actually tasteless 3 sorts of grilled vegetables with a few pieces of some tasteless cheese , certainly not mature sheep cheese ) , paella with peeled shrimp ( overcooked , under- spicy ) , chicken breast with cheese sauce ( that we mentioned above ) and rosemary ( not even traces ) completely tasteless . It's amazing how they managed to make such amount of bad , tasteless, poor food . The wine was decent , although the 3.2 euros for a glass is too much for the quality ( Savignon chardonnay). Dessert we have not even considered taking into account the experience of food. Bill serious bearing in mind what and how we eat, cc 40 euros. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under any circumstances.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank aleksandra s
Belgrade, Serbia
“Bravo for the El Hispano restaurant”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

A real touch of Spain in the middle of the Serbian capital Belgrade.
Brilliant service, food selection with genuine Spanish ingredients and spices, atmosphere enriched with the sound of the live guitar playing on Friday and Saturdays. Wine list made for anyone’s taste.
Don’t know all the names of the dishes we tried ( Ham Iberico, Manchego cheese, Fillet steak with goose pate) but the fact is that everything was fantastic.
Really the place for recommendation.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Dejan P
Belgrade, Serbia
“A touch of Spain in Serbia”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

El Hispanio is one of if not the best restaurant in Belgrade. It is the closest restaurant to a Michelin Star restaurant in Serbia. The food, atmosphere, wine ooo the wine it is divine. I came there with my girl at 2030 and left at 0330, that is to show you how good El Hispanio is. I recommend this brilliant Spanish cuisine restaurant to all, locals, and fellow travelers.

Gracias El Hispanio for a great and an unforgettable evening. See you soon.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Vita Z
Moscow, Russia
“Tasty, but...empty”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been in "El Hispano" to celebrate anniversary of our marriage. It was Satturday night (21h), but just a few tables were occupied, which is very strange! The food is great (we tried paella and some fish). Really a Spanish taste!
Unfortunately, my salad with goat cheese didn't arrive (they, probably, forgot about it), but this fact didn't spoil my mood!
The service is very good, the life Spanish-guitar is charming.
Interior, from my point of view, is a bit cold, but elegant.
Most probably, "El Hispano" is too expensive for Belgrade, that's why it's empty... But if you are searching for lonely place in a very centre of Belgrade with an excellent Spanish food and music - visit it!