“My favorite on Skadarska”
Review of Zlatni Bokal

Zlatni Bokal
Ranked #316 of 1,423 Restaurants in Belgrade
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I went there on my first visit to the Skadarska districts and I came back on my lst day, since I really loved the place, for me it was the best among the restaurants of that street I tried. I wanted to eat some typical Serbian grilled meat and the manu offered a very good choice. At first I ordered barbecued pork skewers and some vegetable rolls, the waited told me that it was really a lot for a single person. I appreciated that suggestion, he didn’t try to “sell as much as possible”. The skewers were indeed enough for me, they came with fried potatoes and onion, the portion was surely big. The second time I went there I ordered the vegatables rolls I had left apart the other time and also those were definitely enough for my lunch. The waiter was, once again, very nice and polite and remembered of my previous visit. I liked everything I ate there, above all meet which was tender, tasty and perfectly grilled. I sat outside on the terrace on Skadarska, it was lovely decorated as in the old times, with a relaxing traditional atmosphere. Prices were in the range of the restaurants of this area, but surely cheap for my habits. I would love to get such a delicious meet lunch everytime for that price!

1  Thank Mona77

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a dinner as a big group of people (20) in Zlatni bokal. So we booked a large table in advanced, and they beautifully prepared it for us. The food is typical Serbian: a lot of meat, vegetables, nice house wine...like almost everywhere in Skadarska quarter! But the atmosphere in Zlatni Bokal is special...The restaurant is beautifully decorated inside, life Serbian music is charming and makes you feel at home! The service is good, but not impaccable. The prices are reasonable.
Even if my favourite restaurant in this area is "Tri sesira", I would say that Zlatni bokal is also a great place to visit!!!!

1  Thank Monica R
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The first sign that should tell you that this is a tourist trap is a girl standing in the middle of the street holding menus gabbing people. She lured us in with authentic Serbian cuisine and explained a few of the dishes. We had to sit outside since the restaurant didn't have a non smoking section. They offered to turn on the heating lamps for us but they looked very disgruntled to do so and argued in serbian with the hostess about the fact they didn't wanna serve outside. Upon one look at the menu we chose some of the traditional dishes only to find out that none were available. The waiter was very rude and practically told us we were being difficult and should just stick with grilled meats. He then offered to "compromise" by suggesting dishes that we clearly told him we didn't want. He kept on saying: " No, that's not what you want. Trust me you want something else" talking down to us. Very bad experience - we suggest you make sure you can 1. Tolerate smoke or be cold 2. Everything you want to eat is available. 3. You don't get bullied into choosing dishes you don't like. IF YOU DO GO. But we recommend you go across the street to Guli which is exquisite, inventive and delicious with a 5 star service. Their cuisine isn't typical serbian but delicious and original.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I must say I expected a lot more from a restaurant in the heart of Skadarlija. Service was very slow, we waited for more than half an hour to get our meal on the table. Portion size is not in accordance with the price, having in mind this is a serbian cuisine restaurant. You can get much better prepared food in many other cheaper resturants in the city and Skadarlija, too. The only thing I liked is the outdoor part with wooden tables and chairs.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Set in the Skandarska area this lovely little restaurant is definitely worth a visit. We went on a Monday evening and the restaurant was busy which is always a good sign. The menu offers good variety and is reasonably priced. We had meat skewers, grilled peppers and a serbian salad washed down with a few pints of the lovely local beer - Jelen.