“Good hotel, but four points with hesitation only”

Ranked #37 of 88 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed at the Astoria hotel for three nights this week. Not sure if I should give three or four points, but chose four in the end. I agree with most things written before. Reception staff is friendly and helpful, and the hotel gives a nice impression from the moment you enter it, with its expensive-looking "retro" interior. Same "wow" impression when I entered my room and the bathroom, but when you look at the details, you see that not everything is as great as it seems: The wash basin water tap was loose and connected in reverse (i.e. you open the "hot" faucet just to get cold water and vice versa; probably the plumber couldn't read English and didn't care to ask anyone who does). The "luxury shower cabin" looked great (if you often go to DIY building stores like OBI you will have seen it), but when you enter it everything is made of cheap plastic, some things are loose and knobs almost feel as if they'll fall off next time you use them. The drain pipe was clogged so that you stand in water after your shower. Not a huge issue, but things that should be fixed. Otherwise, everything was OK. Internet worked well and fast. My room had windows into the inner yard which offers no view at all, but you can leave the windows open at night and it was rather quiet. The breakfast offers a good choice of food (although I had the impression that some of the warm food like the pies had been warmed up a few times already, and the offer of healthy bread could be better; there was just white toast on the last morning) and the hotel's location is convenient both for walks to the city and for bus/tram connections. Would probably go back there, but also look for other alternatives which are less "grandstanding/showmanship".

Room Tip: Would suggest a room facing the inner yard.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Astoria1937, Front Office Manager at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear thearndt,

First of all I will use this opportunity to thank You for the review.
Our aim is to provide quality service and we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel. Every comment is very important to us in order to improve our services.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

It is very beautiful hotel with cozy rooms and delicious brekfast...Good location biside the station and very near to the sightseeing.Beautiful lobby with an old piano.Maybe it will be better the dinner is served to buffet.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear madia1966,

First of all I will use this opportunity to thank You for the review.
We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our buffet breakfast.
Every comment is very important to us in order to improve our services.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights for business and we were thrilled. The staff is absolutely amazing and we couldn't not have been happier, especially the wait staff of DeWine cafe and the reception desk! The rooms were clean and huge... The hotel offers free international long distance calls to landlines. The breakfast was included and the buffet was always full. The waiters at breakfast were awesome. One night a large group of students came and the hotel comped our drinks and appetizers in case we were bothered. Overall, an amazing experience. Cannot wait to stay here again and I highly recommend it!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Astoria1937, Front Office Manager at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Ltaljano,

First of all I will use this opportunity to thank You for the review. Our aim is to provide high quality service and we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel. Every comment is very important to us in order to improve our services.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

For the price we paid I don't really have anything negative to say about this hotel. The location is good although a little tough on the knees walking up and down the hill into the centre. We caught the A1 bus from the airport which takes you to the road the hotel is on and much cheaper than a taxi. The reception staff were pleasant and helpful. We ate in the restaurant on our last night and the head waiter (guy with skinhead) was very welcoming and clearly cared about customer service, explaining the menu in detail to us. If the hotel spent a little more on finishing touches (lighting) it could probably charge more but its great for what it is.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Astoria1937, Front Office Manager at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear mh135,

Thank you for the review. At Queen's Astoria Design Hotel we insist on high quality service and pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our hospitality. Every comment is very important to us in order to improve our services.

We hope to see you again soon at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a very nice hotel(not the exterior) at 10 minutes walk from the heart of the city and the Kalemegdan castle(whitch is beautiful bytheway). The staf of the hotel was very nice and warm. The room impresed me. Very large,clean and vintage. The elevator is a litle bit nosisy but... Enyway is a good hotel and not very expensive

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ratiu A
Astoria1937, Front Office Manager at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Ratiu A

First of all we will use this opportunity to thank You for the review. Our aim is to provide high quality service and we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel. Every comment is very important to us in order to improve our services.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel is conviently located a short distance from the main railstation and is in walking distance to a lot of nightlife and shops. Compared to some of the other hotels, it is a decent distance from the fortress and main shopping strip, but close enough for me to walk back and forth with no issues.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear jermaine h

Thank you for your review.

It is always a pleasure to see that our guests are satisfied with our service.

Feel free to visit us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just back from a 3 day trip to Belgrade. All I can stay is if you stay in this hotel you will not regret it from the minute I walked in and saw the beautiful furniture, ornaments and paintings on the wall and ceiling.

First of all a BIG Thank You to Aleksandra on reception you were amazing, who despite my arrival at 07:00 found a room for me straight away, enabling me to get a couple of hours much needed sleep after my train journey through Hungary & Serbia and also on my last day when I was leaving at 4:00 and arranged a Breakfast box for me. Nothing was to much trouble for you and you were a STAR.

To the other ladies on reception Jelena and Marina who helped enormously with transport and helping me to get around your fantastic City. You were also amazing and again couldn't do enough for me and made a thoroughly enjoyable holiday even better.

The room and facilities are the best an cleanest you could have or imagine and the cleaners were also excellent.

Finally the gentlemen at breakfast. Again everything was provided for and the choice was fabulous and the food exceptional.

There is also a good bar at the back of the hotel and an excellent gym downstairs.

I've been fortunate to stay in may hotels the world over, but I can honestly say this is the best in terms of location, facilities, decor and of course staff who make all this possible.

I hope to visit Belgrade again soon and won't have to search for Hotels as I already know which one I'll book.

Thank you all for a truly amazing experience.

Regards
Gareth from Wales

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank NorthWalesDragon

Dear NorthWalesDragon,

Thank you for referring to Queen's Astoria Design Hotel as the best place to stay in Belgrade. It is the greatest reward to hear that guests are pleased with the level of our service and comfort of accommodation we provide. We are glad You have enjoyed at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome You again at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel.