“Classy hotel near the train station and the promenade”

Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've never stayed in as gltizy a place at such a great price - I guess that's Serbia. This hotel has a satisfyingly decadent art deco aura even though it is a retrofit. The staff are helpful, and the the rooms are classy. The restaurant is good but smoky - I guess that's also Serbia. For just E5 extra, the breakfast is plentiful and varied. The location is just around the corner from the train station and a few blocks walk from the main pedestrian promenade. It was a positive adventure.

Thank Charlie and Ann... T
Astoria1937, Front Office Manager at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Charlie and Ann... T,

We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us.
We are very glad that you liked our breakfast service and our staff.
Feel free to visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We selected this hotel due to the proximity to Belgrade train station, and it was indeed very convenient to the train station and also walking distance to Belgrade's old town. The staff at check-in were welcoming and friendly although a little rushed off their feet. The room was smallish but comfortable. The shower was kinda space age, but not terribly well maintained. Overall a good stay, but not outstanding. Belgrade was great and definitely worth a visit, but I would probably look to stay somewhere else next time.

1  Thank mySEAtravels

Dear mySEAtravels,

We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us.
Feel free to visit us again soon and we will try to make your stay outstanding.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The staff is truly helpful and friendly, and the rooms are nice. I stayed here for two nights (on business), and enjoyed the experience very much. The food (breakfast and dinner) is good and very reasonably priced.
The people in the reception did a great job in helping me find my way around, even when I wasn't entirely sure where I had to go myself - a special thanks to Una for her detailed instructions and helpfulness.
I will be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rasmus E

Dear Rasmus E,

First of all let me thank you for supportive and positive comments.

At the Queen's Astoria Design Hotel, we do our best to make our guest feel warm and welcome.
We are very glad that you liked our breakfast service and our staff.

We hope to see you soon as our guest once again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 5 nites.
Breakfast was excellent but do not expect cereal or fruit. Instead there r loads of veges, eggs and ham. Also lots of savoury crepe and burek.
Yes the bathroom fixtures are a bit old but cleanliness and fresh towels are good. The room smelt of cigarettes but this is probably how it is in old europe. And if you cannot sleep in any noise whatsoever then i would recommend a courtyard facing room. I faced the street and trucks/ trains/ ppl are constantly on the go in belgrade 24/7!
The old single lift is beautiful!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Auckland1234,

We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us.
Feel free to visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The first impression is a very shick antique hotel, but when you focus on details this is not a 4* hotel. First the free stuff. Free parking - hotel has just 3 parking spots. You get one if you are lucky (I was). Free internet - opened connection, poor router and a lot of lost connections; not really useful. Room is nicely decorated and if you are lucky (I was) you have the room on the same side as the entrance (not overlooking the main road - noise, but not a bad view either). Bathroom looks unfinished, shower cabin supposed to be steam with readio but neither of this functiojns worked (I dont care), but about the fungus in the shower cagin I care a lot (a big minus). Breakfast is buffet, could have a larger variety of breads, otherwise OK. Staff was friendly enouogh. Would I recommend it? Sure, for a day or two.

Room Tip: room on the same side as the entrance
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Astoria1937, Front Office Manager at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Bixi74,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are always pleased to hear our guests comment so we can provide an even better service.
Feel free to contact us directly on your next visit so we can provide you with a more personalized reservation.

Welcome, we are expecting you.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights whilst attending some very dear friends wedding locally. Located just off the main road, trams, buses and train station a stones throw. The hotel is very luxurious on the surface with marble, statues and many paintings but a little tired in some areas. The staff were very friendly and spoke perfect English which was a blessing given we speak no serbian at all. The room was clean and tidy but the bathroom though nice on the surface was not good. The shower enclosement leaked and only the hand held shower head worked, the ceiling rose head and jets did not - friends staying also reported the same problem so not an isolated case. The view really was the worst I have ever had in a hotel stay, very grim and disappoitning. I would have added an image but can't see where to do it on here any more. The breakfast was interesting - cant say I have ever seen garden peas, sweet corn and peanuts as part of a buffet breakfast! Had dinner once last night, not terribly impressed as found schnitzel totally inedible but to be honest the food we experienced locally on the whole wasn't good, though ridiculously huge portions! The best meal was by far during the wedding which was an amazing day and the whole reason for the visit. On the whole, good value for money given its central location, regardless of the faults.

Room Tip: We had 203 which has the awful view, try to get a room at the front even if the view is just the roa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Astoria1937, Front Office Manager at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Ratiu A

First of all we will use this opportunity to thank You for the review. Our aim is to provide high quality service and we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel. Every comment is very important to us in order to improve our services.

We hope to see You soon at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I found this hotel on TripAdvisor. Got really good reviews. I know Belgrade very well and decided that the location + reviews/pics was enough to convince me to try to stay here for one night. I arrived after midnight and was greeted by a receptionist who told me that there was a flood in the hotel and that I need to stay in their 'sister' hotel 200 m down the road. I simply asked why I wasn't informed about this and there was no clear answer. A porter helped with my bags but as soon as I realised a 'sister' hotel was on one of the busiest intersections in Belgrade I knew there will be no sleep that night. I also had a vague suspicion a receptionist lied to me. I was right on both counts. If you want to know more about that experience, read my next entry on Design Hotel Mr. President, Belgrade.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sanja M
Astoria1937, Manager at Queen's Astoria Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Sanja M,

Thank you for your review of our Queen’s Astoria Design Hotel.
We are grateful that you have pointed out details that need attention from our side.
We are displeased to hear that you had some difficulties changing to our sister hotel Design Hotel Mr. President.
We will for sure pass your remarks to our team and analyze the whole situation in order to improve our service.
Please contact us directly on hotel@astoria.rs and we will try our best to change your general impression regarding our hotels.

Tatjana Vilček