“Italian food the way it was meant to be done”
Review of Tagliere - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Description: Please see a site of the restaurant tagliere.rs
Description: Please see a site of the restaurant tagliere.rs
Reviewed January 24, 2012

An unassuming street somewhere in Zemun, Belgrade. As you enter Tagliere...at first you are somewhat overwhelmed with the interior - it may as well have been somewhere deep in the heart of Mayfair! Having seen quite a few interiors in my travels I couldn't help noticing those Vola taps in the bathroom and liberal application of granite and exotic hardwood flooring, some may say over the top but I say - this is going to be good!
Friends ordered penne and tortellini but I was not interested in THAT sort of italian cuisine. I am more conservative so..Tagliata with ruccola and parmiggiano it is, then.
I was waiting for what seemed to be an eternity for the trolley with the fire hob to show up but it never did. Sadly, they don't do it the way Gerrardo does it in his "Napoli" in Zurich (remind me to write a review of that great place someday). Oh well, you can't have all I guess. Back to my "La tagliata di manzo al extravergine". Beef was just right, flamed for no more than 3 minutes, medium, just the way I like it, not too much Parmiggiano as not to ruin the whole affair. Young potatoes were buttery and not too salty and rocket seemed to be really young, deep green, fresh that you rarely see. Accompanied by a glass of old trusted Primitivo, of course - it never dissapoints and may it never.
I really took no notice of the service, maybe because they were out of my way, maybe because I was enjoying the company and the food too much to notice, I don't know. What I do know is that the bill was considerably (!) smaller than I thought would be when I first saw the enterior (and those super expensive taps from the beginning).
This is definitely my new favourite in Belgrade!

5  Thank pbalorda