“Great place, even better staffing!”

Go2 Hostel Belgrade
Ranked #171 of 305 Specialty Lodging in Belgrade
Banja Luka, Republika Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Great place, even better staffing!”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I adore this hostel! Great place, very homey atmosphere, friendly staff, especial Petar, Maja and Ivana. Bee coming back, for sure! :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jelena_12_12

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The staff is always available, I felt like a princess! All that my friends and I imagined, they have enabled us to! All praise, see you after summer!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Ivanica1
Varna
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I ve been living for 1 month in this hostel, place was okay, except it really small - rooms and living-room. I was staying in 6 bedroom and there was only place for beds, we didnt even have where to put our luggage and clothes. After 3-4 weeks there we were told some group booked the whole hostel for themselves so we have to be moved for 2 nights and then come back. For once that was okay, but then they decided to do some repair work in our room so we had to move again, we decided its for the last time and we wont come back. So in general im pretty disapointed with the hotel management - poorest I have ever seen.
Regarding the location - if u are staying for 1-2 nights , its a good choice - just near the city center and the river. So it's up to you.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Pitesti, Romania
Reviewed March 31, 2012

i loveee Go2 Hostel .,., i spent worderfull moment with the staff.,.tey are amazing people.,.i will never forget them.,. they have everything that u need for an unforgetable experience..,it's in the center of Belgrade.,.,just across the street of Balkan hotel and 3 minutes away from Knez Mihailova street.,. we used to drink our coffee together in the morning.,and party in the night.,,.i will miss them.,. hope to get back as soon as possible.,

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New Zealand
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Happy hostel hunting after reading this.

I hardly write reviews hence the existence of such a review is evidence of the credibility of this review.

I am not a person that complains about trivialities. What I am about to say is my personal experience, lets hope you have a better “Belgrade experience” here.

My belongings are not a vehicle of your anger expression. Note to manager: make some money to get some anger management training. Get a new dictionary and learn the definition of hospitality: Cordial and generous reception of or disposition toward guests.

I stayed here for two months for an exchange program, Lets not waste time explaining why or what – I explain briefly the negative points:

1) There are bed bugs – I shower and clean all the time and I close my windows hence it could not be mosquitoes. You can blame my body being prone to bed bugs but the fact is they exist.
2) The dryer was promised to be fixed when I first stayed here. By the time I left (2 months later) – words are just words.

I am not complaining about point 1) or 2) and it is not sufficient to urge me to create such a bad review. It is point 3 that is worth pointing out.

3) I asked kindly if they can store my luggage for 2months since I will be backpacking before returning to Belgrade. The usual exchange of no thief guarantee was exchanged. Yes, I completely acknowledge that – universal hospitality industry standard.

Bad news: Bag gone – NOT thief. The GO2HOSTEL manager (Matteo or whatever his name was) decided to use my bag as a tool for his temper tantrum. According to staff: He threw it out because he was angry because the bag got in the way of him using the front desk. The staff sounded apologetic but reasonable?

Someone saw him throwing it out - destroying all excuses for him.
He thought it was rubbish? No, Someone saw him throwing it out. My name was on the bag plus it was a decent bag.

Was his anger directed at me? No, I don’t even know him. Sorry I tried but nothing seemed plausible. I just have to believe I was a victim of crazy impulsive actions.

No compensation was offered only, I cannot remember the substances that contained in that bag – BUT the point is – NO Compensation was offered, just sorry ‘I hope nothing was valuabe’.

I am forward looking hence all I can do now is warn others of possible GO2hostel misfortunes. There is no need for drama to be staged at this hostel – I simply do not want to waste time in heavy low level language exchange with this manager.

This is like an obituary for my bag. Let it contribute to the landfills of this world thanks to crazy manager. I apologize for the long review.

p.s. I agree: The only redeeming quality of this hostel are the friendly staffs – manager exception.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mnm_emim
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Great place to be if you are in Belgrade.
It's located in down town, within walking distance from all bars, clubs, museums and other sights. Hostel is very good adapted for young people. Loads of features, such as Play Station and LCD Tv, in lounge, nice, clean, and good equipped kitchen.
Staff is young and very friendly!

Room Tip: I was in 6 bed mixed dorm with balcony, good clean, smoking allowed on balcony)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alex D
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The service was great and there was no lockout, so we could stay at Beerfest for as long as we wanted. Rooms of standard size. Location is spot on center of Belgrade, on one of the most important squares and it is in walking distance, and there is a non-stop working supermarket next door. They have A/Cs and free wifi.

The thing I liked best was the location and helpful staff with it. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of instructions for the washer and drier, so I had to give everything to people at the front desk. Definitely recommending this and coming for beerfest again next year!

Room Tip: 12Bed is an excellent value for money.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo