“Great Boutique Hotel in a Great Location”

Square Nine Hotel Belgrade
Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Belgrade
Buehler
“Great Boutique Hotel in a Great Location”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great boutique hotel in easy walking distance of Belgrade's pedestrian zone and Old Belgrade Fort. Rooms are well appointed, everything works. There is a small but well-equipped gym and an Gindoor pool - a must-see. Eating in is a treat, especially when the roof-top sushi restaurant is open. Great attention to detail and good service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear "P_Stibbons"

Thank you very much for your splendid review and we look forward welcoming you again soon. Have a lovely time for this upcoming holidays.

Milan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The decor is immediately pleasing and streamlined and characterises itself as 4/5* but falls just a little bit below this.

It is that neutral, minimalist/traditional decor that is very relaxing and the rooms are very up to date but the service is rather slow. Lunchtime, never have if you're wanting to spend less than an hour eating, as each time the service was hilariously/painfully slow.

The food was very good though, when it did arrive.

Everyone was very friendly and the rooftop bar is pretty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Elsinore28
Dear "Elsinore 28"

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had a good stay and that impression about hotel, staff and food are very high.

In the same time your comments about service in the restaurant have been addressed with our F&B department and I hope that we will have a chance to look after your dinner next time so we can redeem ourselves. Until then, have a happy holidays

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Couple days ago, I had an opportunity to visit Square Nine hotel with a group of young people who are interested in hospitality management. Needless to say I was more than impress! The moment I enter the lobby it was like I enter another world. Everyone, from receptions to manager, was there to make you feel welcomed. Because this visit was to get to know how this five-star hotel works, Jelena, the PR manager, was extremely helpful and beside her busy scheduled, fined the time to give us a tour of the hotel, explain everything about hotel and their management and give some useful advice. She even organized degustation of desserts that are served in a hotel restaurant. I recommend delectable White Lady, white chocolate mousse with liquid raspberry insert, and it’s just one of the divine desserts you can find on the menu.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear "Lena185"

It was wonderful to receive this feedback and thank you very much for sharing it.

We appreciate your visit very much and Jelena and entire team are sending you regards. Please come back and try our "Chocolate days at Square Nine" as I am positive that you will find many more desserts to recommend, although I do admit that your choice was very good as White Lady is jewel of our desserts.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have stayed in Belgrade before, and this is the best hotel by far! In the heart of the pedestrian shopping/dining area and close walking distance to the fortress. Staff was extremely attentive! Milan from guest relations went beyond his duty to ensure that we had a wonderful stay. The temperature controlled pool, Japanese jacuzzi, and sauna were absolute heaven! The Japanese restaurant on the top floor is a must. Highly recommend trying the tasting menu for two!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear "Azia 7"

It was lovely to welcome you to Square Nine and thank you very much for your detailed and generous review.

We are glad that you had wonderful visit and look forward welcoming you back soon, until then, I wish you safe travels.

With my best wishes,

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This is definitly the best hotel in Belgrade. Since this is my home town, I visit hotels spa 3 times per week. I have a personal trainer who helps me with my workout. I also take my bussines lunches and dinners here as well.
The thing that I like the moste here is the amount of details. where ever you look, you will feel like at home. Books, scuptures and antque objects are all over the place. The staff is very well trained, thay are pleasent and at you service for all you need.
When I came here, I feal like I am not in Belgrade, but somewere warm, exsotic and excusive.
For management, great work!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear "Ministar"

Reading your lovely review is a true joy as this is exactly what we want to achieve for our guests, feeling of "home away from home" - thank you for recognizing that. Your kind words about staff makes us all proud and it means a lot to us.

We are all looking forward seeing you again and special greetings from our Spa team.

With my best regards,
Tuzla, Bih
Reviewed November 5, 2013

After in any other hotel in which we thought to go did not find available rooms, on the recommendation of friends we visited this hotel which was a complete hit. Only complaint was waiting a long time on our key and enter the room but the hotel café where we sat was great so we did not feel much. We took a junior suite and it was more than enough for me and friends. indeed we paid a bit more expensive but worth it. I'm pleased with the hotel, the location, which is in the center and the service we received. I was surprised by the size of the bathroom and comfortable beds. and next time I sleep in the same hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MilanSudar, Guest Relations Manager at Square Nine Hotel Belgrade, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear "Feda D"

It is so nice to read that you had wonderful stay with us and even more that it happened with the recommendation from your friend - we are in great debt to him.

I am very sorry to read that you were waiting for the room on your arrival as our goal is to accommodate all our guests upon check in but in the same time I am glad that you enjoyed drinks while you were waiting. Our Lobby bar does create a special atmosphere and have a great influence on our guests.

We hope to welcome you back soon and entire team is joining me in sending you regards.

Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was impressed by this hotel. It is a modern and wonderfully designed boutique hotel located centrally within a block of a pedestrian only shopping district. The room was big and had a lot of closet space...beautiful use of wood! The bathroom was also big and well appointed (separate shower and tub; Hermes toiletries). The beds were very comfortable. The staff were attentive and friendly. The breakfast is made to order but has a limited number of choices. We also had dinner in the hotel which had excellent food. I had sea bass from the Adriatic which was very good. My friend's pasta with foie gras was very tasty. The hotel is pricey compared to others in the city but a good value if compared to similar ones in other European cities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear "Orpheus Texas"

Thank you for your splendid review and we are glad that you have enjoyed in every segment of the hotel. Our Chefs are sending their regards and we all hope you will return soon.