“Great Days in Belgrade”

Ranked #11 of 311 Specialty Lodging in Belgrade
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great Days in Belgrade”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

First time in Serbia and the hostel made all the difference. To say the staff were friendly is an understatement. The hostel was designed for people to be happy and to feel welcomed and I felt just that. If you go alone or with friends, you'll see that the staff will be there to not only make sure you're comfortable, but to make sure that if you want to have fun, you will have the time of your life. Filip told us of party boats and introduced us to a bunch of people that spoke english that became really good friends. Never have been to a hostel or hotel where I still keep in touch with the staff months after leaving. This place is AMAZING.

Room Tip: The rooms have really cool bunk beds that can fit one or two people, depending on how familiar you w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Kroatien
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hostel is the place you do not want to leave anymore. Friendly atmosphere, easy-going, very clean, great laundry service, enchanted little garden, great staff: Filip is known for taking his guests out for partying! I once spent 2 weeks in a row there with my friends and returned the following year for another night, because a visit to Belgrade without staying at the Sun Hostel was simply out of the question.

Room Tip: If you want a bedroom for two, book in advance, because there are mostly bigger rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place is well located, and feels like home. very friendly staff and cozy atmosphere. we were given very informative details and enjoyed the stay there although it was for one night. The area issurrounded by shops, restaurants and cafes and is a good tipp for a budget place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
World
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was assured on the phone that my reservation was confirmed. This was important b/c I had a short time in Belgrade – wanted to get in – leave my stuff – and go sight seeing. Instead I wasted 4 hours on hotel blues.

I arrived and the reception said they don’t have a reservation for me. The next receptionist arrived and said he saw my name in the system – he looked it was still there. Meanwhile the completely clueless “manager” – and I put that in quotes b/c she hardly manages, was on the phone telling me things like, how do I know you have a reservation… she finally came – a young tall fashiony woman with her little dog “mimi” and was saying incredible things like: “maybe it was a guest who answered the phone and took a reservation” [my answer: hey, my name is on the system, I am telling you the name of the person I talked to who works here] “I wasn’t there to see it” [my answer: there’s sufficient evidence that I have a reservation: my name is in your system]. She kept wanting to shift the blame on me while the other guy who worked there already told me it was their mistake. Her attitude was terrible – arrogant – rude – clueless – cocky – stupid. I told her look, I’m a lot older than you – hear this as word of advice – and gave her a lesson on customer service. Before the discussion was continued I insisted in settling the subject that there’s a diff between me who had a confirmed reservation from weeks ago than a person who just walks in and lies about having a reservation (which I am not crazy to do and have no time to waste on making up this story].

The first guy showed me another hotel – a “sugarhole” – people smoking in the launge and the bedroom right next to the launge stinking of cigarettes. Finally madam arrogant took her dog and me to another hotel – by this time I had no energy to take it further so I just took the room – on top of a bar – with noise and some smoke – sealed the door’s bottom and thought, heck, it’s just one night – I don’t want to spend any energy on hotels any longer.

The guy from the new hotel told me the girl from Sun Hostel brings people there all the time as she overbooks it regularly – so if you think you’re making a reservation for Sun Hostel, think again – you’ll probably get a run around and lose a lot of time and get stressed over getting accused of lying etc.

I would not have mind them saying, sorry we made a mistake. The manager's arrogant attitude to try to blame their mistake on me was horrible,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank worldtraveler2392123
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2012

If you're a stranger to Belgrade (as I was), this is the best (and most cost effective) place to stay. They have great single-occupancy rooms as well as very affordable dorm rooms. But that's just the start. We got great tips about the local sights and nightlife, especially from Katerina, who is something like the good soul of the hostel. After following around 95% of her tips, I really have to say, her tips were the major reason, I didn't feel scammed at all while staying in Belgrade. (And that's even rarely possible when I walk around in San Francisco - as a local!). Natasha, Phillip and Iva were always approachable and made my stay overall really, REALLY great. Thanks so much guys!

Room Tip: Single rooms definitely worth the price. Hostel has good kitchen facilities in case you need vegetar...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
transylvania
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had a great time in Sun Hostel. It is located in a house, so it has a cosy atmosphere, to which the mixed african design just adds. The little garden is lovely. You can sit and chat next to a beer. You can cook, because there is a clean, fully equipped kitchen. The only problem was that the bathroom is common with other rooms and it would needed more frequent cleaning. And toilet paper was always missing...

Room Tip: Sun&Moon room for couples.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I would recommed everybody who want to visit Belgrade to stay at HOSTEL SUN the staff is VERY kind they became my friends its feals like staying with family,very helpfull and I JUST WANT TO SAY TO THEM<NATASA,KATERINA,FILIP,DULE I LOVE YOU GUYS

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo