“Im usually quite generous with my reviews but I have nothing good to say about this hotel”
Review of Slavija Hotel

Slavija Hotel
Ranked #78 of 86 Hotels in Belgrade
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst over for the Serbia V Scotland Football match.

Room was damp, there was electric sockets hanging out from the walls. The flush on the toliet never worked. The list is endless.

Down the stair at reception it is really nice.. They need to get their rooms refurbished ASAP.

I wont go on about this hotel with more moaning. If you are going to this hotel stay away from room 144. This was my room and it was dump

Room Tip: Go for a suite. These bedrooms seem to be a little better than a standard double or single room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank anton0028
There are newer reviews for Slavija Hotel

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This week I stayed in my so far the worst hotell ever.
Luckily I just stayed there one night, my flight was cancelled so JAT airlines sendt us to this hotell if I can call it a hotell.
I think the only pluss with this hotell was the location.
Rooms were so dirty, tiles on the bathroom who fell down when I closed the bathroom door.

I took the elevator once, it was enough. Cant believe that they still running, so I used the staires.
The resaturant was a laugh, we got to choose between chicken or fish, it took a while before the waitor came, he was busy with tv.
I tried the fish, the worst dinner I can remember, that fish I am sure they caught around the period when they bulit the hotell. I can mention that I didnt finished that fish or what it was.
We also got a dessert thrown to our table, an Orange!!!
My friend changed some money in the reception, but when he should change them back he was told that NOOO they didnt change money here??
No idea what the room cost, but if I got payed I wouldnt stay there again.

Room Tip: Go across the street to Slavija lux.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
13  Thank Jericho J
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Even as a person who was born and raised in times of socialism in former Yugoslavia and knows similar hotels from seventies and eighties it was shocking! Tea in plastic "mugs", sugar in original kg package with spoon in it, wide selection of food-but all with the same bad taste ... "moving" toilet, bad smell with no chance to open window in bathroom, old furniture definitely not designed for wide screen TV ... Staff is doing their best (even changing bed linen every day!), but it doesn't make much better impression. Only location is good. That's why I've chosen it actually.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank 24LiZa
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed on Slavija at the end of August and i have also read terrible critics about the hotel. About my experience: yes it's not the best hotel i have stayed, but i was satisfied. Not the most clean rooms ever but not a stable also. We got new towels every day. Linens to be honest i don't remember but i always have mine with me from home. I don't sleep in hotel linens either way. The hotel is huge so a renovation (which is needed) is not the easiest thing for a Serbian business... The cost is tremendous for them (so keep that in mind). The highlight of the hotel is by far the breakfast. I have stayed even in 5-star hotels that they didn't had so rich breakfast. The location of the hotel is also acceptable, 15-20 mins walking from the center (Knez Mihailova) and around the hotel has grocery shops, McDonald's (for the tight budget travelers) in the next block, mini markets and every kind of Belgrade's transportation.
I saw the bad reviews but i'm not a "luxury" guy. Not even close to that. My half traveling life was for camping, so im okay with any type of hotels as long as they have a good bed, hot water bath and most important: in the best price i can find. And Slavija was exactly that.

Hint for summer visits: There's a huge (Olympic size) pool near by (4-5 blocks). Ask the stuff of the hotel where is the pool (hardly you'll find it alone, only by luck. Just like me! lol) and the entrance is 300 dinars (around 3 euros). I stayed a week on Belgrade and every morning i was there :)

Room Tip: 1st tip: Ask the stuff to give you a room from the side that the sun is not hitting when it's ri...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Panagiotis K
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Me and my friend stayed in Slavija Hotel in April 2012 only for one night for fast sightseeing on Balkan tour.
Generally was clen but in bathroom better use flip-flops. Water pressure was low so shower lsat long. Furnitures look old school. Only LCD TV was new.
We have breakfast included and there were standard european breakfast: eggs, salami, ham, cheese.
I think for young travellers there is good option for this price. For demanding people better choice is nearby Slavija Lux.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank koncentrator
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Oh my god. Like the time has stopped many years ago for this hotel. It is like you are back in 70' but I was born then. Just terrible.
It was clean but the furniture was so old. But old old so old I haven't see that at my grandma house believe me. The personal was very polluted. They made jokes on behalf of hotel and make me laugh.
The breakfast was OK. But for such cheap price you must be prepared that you don't expect anything.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Maja607
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is fairly central but everything about it is bad. Tiles are hanging off the wall, bathroom light switch is hanging off the wall and doesn't even work. The beds are really uncomfortable and they can give you a tiny blanket instead of a duvet. The bath has lots of rust in the bottom.

Do not stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed: November 2012