“Good and Safe Hotel in Belgrade, Serbia”
Review of Zira Hotel

Zira Hotel
Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Belgrade
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good and Safe Hotel in Belgrade, Serbia”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Hotel was very clean and modern. I did not see many hotels that were to this caliber while I was in Belgrade. I was able to coordinate a pick up and drop off from the airport with the shuttle service. I was a little disappointed the driver had picked up a side passenger and dropped her off at a bus station rather than taking me directly to the hotel. The staff was very friendly and on the front desk workers offered to give me a tour of the city at a relatively low cost - it included him driving me around and showing me everything. I declined because I wanted to walk and get my own feel of the city. The rooms are modern and comfortable. I was on a higher floor that faced NE. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice and very clean. My rate included WiFi, International calling, breakfast and dinner. The meals were very nice and I really enjoyed the restaurant. The location is a decent area - I had never been to Eastern Europe before so it was a little adjustment. You can easily walk to the central part of downtown in Old Belgrade. You can pick up the tram about 3 blocks away - but I felt the tram looked a little outdated/dangerous. Watch out when you walk around because the traffic is a little heavy in the area. I walked to Novi Belgrade as well one day while I was there too - which as the larger/nicer mall. That area was the communist built side of the city and you can see a nice contrast with the architecture of the old city. Belgrade fort is not far away either and can reached by walking or cab. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to Western travelers who need the comforts of modern and updated hotel in Belgrade. There is a small mall at the bottom of the hotel but its not really worth checking out unless you need to visit an ATM which is at the entrance. Also, there is a grocery store apart of the complex that sells bottles of wine at rock bottom prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and city view - they were than willing to accommodate my request.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

A short journey from the airport approximately 25 minutes at the cost of about £14 in a taxi this hotel proved to be a great base from which to explore the city of Belgrade.
The rooms were very modern, clean and the beds were huge and very comfortable.
My only disappointment with this hotel was that there weren’t any coffee making facilities in the room.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel.
The breakfast offered lots of choice and was more than adequate.
Previous reviews have mentioned the location as not ideal. I did not find this a problem myself. A 30 minute walk into the centre, 45 minutes to the fortress or if you were feeling lazy a £4 taxi fare.
There are several nice bars close to the hotel some offering food. I would recommend the Marshall Pub a short walk away.
There are also a plethora of fast food establishments nearby should you feel peckish after a long day exploring the city.
We had an early morning flight home so choose to use the Hotels own transport. This worked out slightly more expensive than a taxi but still very reasonable.
Would I stay there again and recommend this hotel? Yes definitely.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chubbyluvdrink
Munich, Germany
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was on a business trip and stayed at the Zira hotel for three nights. There was nothing to complain about. Excellent front desk service. My colleague and I wanted to do 2h of sight seeing and asked where to go. We were offered a guided tour with a taxi and an English speaking guide. All in all we payed 40€ which probably is not little for Serbia but was totally worth the trip. Hotel rooms are clean & big. TV offers many international channels (Italian, German, French, English etc.) Breakfast doesn't leave anything to be desired. You find flakes, fruit, fresh bread and rolls, eggs, bacon, fresh juices etc. There's is also an excellent bar to have a cocktail in the evening. Hotel is about 15min from the city centre.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Zira Hotel in Belgrad City Center is excellent.
It is located directly in the city centre. The rooms are very nice, stylish and clean.
What I enjoyed most is the excellent service they provided, esp. the night shuttle and his driver Ivan who takes you to all the in places!!
5-Stars!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank mstenger
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Cozy and outstanding service. A bit far from main attractions yet convenient and calm. Restaurant is very decent, rooms comfortable and web speed average.

Very different from old socialist era hotels. You'll be close to parks and stores yet a bit far from downtown.

Rooms are large and very well thought.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Ignacio B
Budaors, Hungary
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had an overnight stay at the hotel. It is new and have a modern, economic style. Double rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds and lining. Air conditioning worked well when the outside temperature was over 40 degrees Celsius. Buffet breakfast was fresh and good quality and you had the choice that you would expect at this price category. The only downsides for us ,as a family on vacation, was its off center location. Taxi is cheap but it is better to agree on the price beforehand. We were scammed when we returned to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend with breakfast and lunch included. We got a can from the airport with a 1800dinar cab voucher and on the way back was dropped by the hotel mini bus for the same price. Very modern hotel with a shopping centre next door with a supermarket and currency exchange. Rooms were big and clean with tv aircon and safe. We didn't use public transport when we were there and just walked into the city centre taking about half an hour to 40 minutes. Some routes were more pleasant than others. Buffet dinner was better than expected and changed nightly. Our first night which was a Friday was probably the best with a combination of chicken rice meatball and several other options including a vast selection on desserts and soup for started. You just paid for drinks which for a beer and coke usually came to around 420. Breakfast was fairly normal with hot foods such as sausage, bacon as well as cold meats, pastries, fruit and cereals. Had to pay tax on check out which we went expecting but this is due to me not paying attention when I booked on last minute. Overall lovely hotel and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013