“Just not worth it”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Belgrade
Country Club Hotel Babe
Ranked #72 of 85 Hotels in Belgrade
Novi Sad, Serbia
“Just not worth it”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were staying for the weekend there and not only that their wellness or spa area includes only one sauna and one hot tub, but the rooms were cold, we were shocked to find the furniture in such a poor shape. Our french bed was so "loud" that it was almost impossible to sleep on it.

Food and surroundings are just lovely but again, just not pleasant at all.

Room Tip: Do not accept free upgrade from room to the suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Minja B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Serbian first
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I decided to spend New Year's Eve & Day at the country club. The place offers value for money, natural surroundings are beautiful, but the main problem is getting there - one has to take numerous country roads which are most often mark and lack proper direction signs. I lost my way and the evening was foggy so I had to phone the reception desk several times from the car to navigate me through the darkness of the Serbian winter countryside (GPS doesn't help).

There were only two TV channels available, which wasn't a problem on the New Year's Eve, but may be in the case of a longer stay.

The staff are extremely kind and helpful, and the food in the restaurant delicious.

An excellent place for a romantic getaway :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mirjana007
Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is places on Kosmaj, near Belgrade... It's great for family vacation or just for a meal there.... Restaurant is brilliant, as well as people working there!
There is a gym and spa center, nature is beautiful.. Try it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank moony021
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Hotel is at excellent position in mountin. Rooms nice, but cleanliness is poor, thre days thay dont change nothing, and not clean my room.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Dukajovic

Travelers are raving about these Belgrade hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I travelled here with my familly and a 1 year old child. Since this hotel markets itself as a child-friendly place, we called to ask about facilities and make reservations. We were told that they had outdoor swimming pool, inndoor swimming pool, spa, playground for children and a mini zoo. They assured us that our child could use all the facilities.
When we came there 2 days later and they could not find our reservation... Since hotel was rather empty we could get two rooms anyway. Though the price turned out to be 2000 dinars more expensive with double bed (in exactly the same room and setup as with two separate beds), we had our first disagrement because our original agreement on the phone was different.

When we finally got the room, and the temperature rose to 38 degrees C, we took our daughter to the indoors swimming pool. She was sleeping in her trolley and once we arrive at the indoor area, we were informed that child were not allowed to the indoor area at all! Nobody told us this on the phone or at the reception!!!

The outdoor swinningpool was rather small, the day was very warm and there was no shadow. It was imposible to stay there with child. We could not go anywhere outside in this weather so we were forced to stay in the room with our daughter. But the room was extremelly warm. We asked to change for another room with air conditioned, which happened after some discusion. To our great surprise, later that day, the air conditioned turned out not to be working, it was just blowing warm air from outside.

The night comes and our baby is put to sleep. The manager thought it would be a good idea to do maintenance in the night: drilling and heavy reparation. I went to the reception and asked them to stop the drilling bacause they were waking up the baby. They seemed uninteressed, and the drilling continued. From around 11-12 p.m. something knock on our window (on the second floor), when I opened the curtains I was amazed to see a man on a ladder almost entering our room. I asked him to please do whatever he was doing tomorrow. He said he was just about to finish, but the noise continued..

The next day we wanted to take our daughter out to play early (since we had to spend most of the previous day inside). On the internet the hotel advertised wih children playground. This turned out to be in so bad shape that it was closed with a security tape, at the reception thay said that it was dangerous and that the use was on our own responsibility.

Then we tried to visit the "mini zoo". We tried to go up with a trolley, which turned out to be imposible because the road (?) was made of pebbles and the rest was stairs. One of us carried the baby and another the trolley. After some 15 minutes uphill we came to some place where animals used to be, but they were nowhere to be seen...

We were supposed to check out at 11 am. We asked if we could use the spa area (while one of us was with the baby at the pool) after we checked out. The receptionist told us that of course we could. Being told so, we checked out early... When we came to the spa a very rude young man told us we could not use it after we checked out (directors orders). We asked him to call reception, which he did, and got the same message as us, but he still would`t let us in.

After so many misfortunes, we wanted to talk to the manager, but of course he was nowhere to be seen, would not be there until 4pm and we could not get his number. (It seems that the hotel employees are left at their own fortune and management is only there to sign some papers and collect the money). It didn't come as surprise that others were also at the reception complaining about different problems they had.

At the check out we were told that they had added a tax (for foreigners?) and we never got a reciept. I suspect that the staff might have taken the money itself since they the previuos day said that thay couldnt registrate us for some reason.

This hotel is located in a pleasant area, the waiters and cleaning personal are very helpful and attentious but the rest of the staff were very unprofesional. The management is non-existent and amateur, don't expect any help from them.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank ZS-family
Belgrade
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I have been with my girlfriend in the Country Club hotel Babe around a month ago. As we live in the Belgrade, unfortunatelly, we don’t spend much time in the nature. But weekend that we spend in the hotel was something totally different. It is very interesting that is only 50 km from Belgrade, and you have the feeling that you went on the totally different part of Serbia. I like the hotel, and nature around. It is disconnected with the “reality in which we live” and it is very relaxing.

We have reserved the double room. We have paied 25 euro per person for one night and breakfast. I am quite satisfed with the acommodation, and I could catch wirelless connection at my lap top. In the service is included use of relax club with the gym, but massage we had to pay aditionaly. Relax center is not so big, but has sauna, jakuzzi and steam bath – it was enough for us.

Girls at the reception are very polite, and also the waiters.We have sit at the terrase of the reastaurant where we had our meals. It is such a enjoyment to sit and have a tasty meal outdoor.
If you plan to go to the hotel you need to have a car because there is no public transportation to the hotel.

At the end, I truly recommend the hotel to all who want to have a peacefull and relaxing weekend or holiday.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Marko14
Belgrade
Reviewed July 2, 2009

My 3,5 years old daughter and me arrived in Country Club babe on 25th June 2009. When I made reservation, I have specified that i am comming with my little daughter because of spa centre(she likes jacuzzi very much). Invironment is beautiful, exterior is very nice, but...We carried our baggage, because they don't have bell desk. Desk clerk (disinterested girl) asked for cash deposit which was unusual, but i deposit money.We went to our room, which was OK, but there was no water. Same desk clerk explained that system suffered damage, and that will be fixed(which was true). I asked waiter who in tottaly empty restaurant can we lunch on terrace with our friends(the rain falls two hours later for 5 minutes), and he said "of course not, we didn't open terrace". We went into our car, and go for a lunch in very pleasant country restaurant which is called "Nada and Zika's place" with great food and very kind personnel.On return to hotel we have notice that hotel has two swimming pools, but empty. I asked for coffie, but waiter says: "we didn't have water, and after that we didn't switch on coffie machine". I asked desk clerk is there any need to reserve term in spa for my daughter and me, and she says:"no, just go there,it is open till 21.00". So, we went to our room, change clothes, and go to spa centre. And than, suprise.Receptionist in spa centre teld me:"No children allowed in spa". I asked why? He says:"Director's order,you can leave your child and then come here". I was shocked, my child kept repeting "Mammy,I didn't do anything,why can't I go in".I asked for that manager to ask him why wasn't I told that children are not allowed when I reserve room, or even when we come to hotel, or why hotel managment didn't notice that in hotel's web site.Receptionist said that manager send word to me that he will not get into his car and come to see me, and if I want something to wait for him tommorow". I was extremly mad, even if i am lady and clinical neurologist in Institute for Neuropsychiatry Laza Lazarevic, and told them that we will leave, and that I will put my comment on all web sites concerning traveling and accomodation, which I did.After that I received very unpleasant e mail from hotel menager Mr Denis Zogovic in which he repudiate me in many ways, and where he inform me that, according to his words "water in jacuzzi (for two persons-remark Dr Djokic)has chemicals, because we didn't change it, of course- it is not house jacuzzi", but that is another story.Essence of this story is that Country Club Babe is advertising as family hotel, and hotel managment intentionally uninform guests about hotel rules hoping that someone will stay.And at the end, we are talking about hotel which has prices almost like divine world hotels such as Hotel Brunelleschi in Florence, or Hotel Marques de Pombal in Lisbon(according to Dertour prices for Brunelleschi and Marques de Pombal), or beautiful hotel Villa Lago on Palic lake.
Dr Gorica Djokic; Belgrade