“Good food, terrible service”
Review of Belew's Dairy Bar

Belew's Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: http://www.explorekentuckylake.com/lakesarea/dining/dining.htm
Description: http://www.explorekentuckylake.com/lakesarea/dining/dining.htm
Reviewed September 4, 2011

First let me start off by saying that Belew's is only open seasonally from mid-April through Labor Day weekend. This should help anyone reading this review who is not familiar with the Aurora area already.

THE GOOD:
Belew's is hugely popular among local residents of the lakes area. The food is great. Apparently they're known for the burgers, BBQ, and shakes. I tried a cheeseburger, and it was very tasty. The patty was thinner than a Steak N Shake burger though, so I probably should have gotten a double. I also tried the peanut butter shake. I've been told that it's their signature shake, and it is very good.

THE BAD:
As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, a server came out to the car before we were even parked. I rolled the window down and she didn't even say a word...not even a greeting. She just stared impatiently. As we were discussing what to order since we had just pulled up, she stated "are you going to order soon because it's hot out here" in a very disgusted tone. She then walked off without saying another word. This kind of attitude was shocking. Also beware that the service is extremely slow. Three burgers and a couple shakes took more than half an hour to arrive. The kitchen at Belew's is not staffed to handle the business they get, and after being in business since the 1950s, they don't really seem to care. While we were eating at the picnic tables I witnessed several people get out of their cars and go inform servers that they needed to cancel their orders and leave due to the amount of time it was taking.

I do recommend trying Belew's for cheap good food and shakes, but just be warned that it might be a long wait, and don't expect the typical friendly southern hospitality.

2  Thank TheHighwayWarrior