“Unique People and food!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Augusta
Parkview Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Augusta B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A
“Unique People and food!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I treat myself to a trip along the Ohio river and take the ferry across the Ohio river to a wonderful town of Augusta, Kentucky! This was and is sometimes the home to to clooney's and Miss America,Miss Heather French! the town has a good selection of shoppe and stores to wander in and out of and good food to dine on! We were lucky to find a treasure like the Parkview Inn! the owners Jenny And Phil greet you with a smile and a warm country welcome! We stayed two nights instead of one just because we felt at home and the rooms are so well decorated that we just had to make a weekend of it! You won't be disappointed at the prices either. they believe in a fair price for a great room,each room has its own theme and the cleanest B&B I've been in a long time! As the country folk there say" it's so good it makes your tongue want to slap your brains out! I can't say enough great things about this place! thank you again Jenny and Phil!

Room Tip: Each room has its own theme,the best thing is to visit and pick one that makes it special for you!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andy M

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place is great! We were looking for something different to do and this was it! The Inn is really nice and old fashioned. We met the owners and they were really nice people. Breakfast is included with your room. The home cooking was delicious and the hospitality was amazing. We will definately go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Angela C
Covington, KY
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were passing through Augusta and noticed there was some kind of street fair going on so we stopped. The fair was pretty small (we were at one here a few years ago that was bustling!) and the food options were standard. We noticed the Parkview was open for lunch so we went in. They serve lunch buffet-style. You can get just soup & salad for $5.95 or the full meal for $8.95. Drinks and desserts are extra. The buffet is set up on two tables - soup & salad on one side in serving bowls, the main meal on the other side in disposable aluminum containers. The salad was nothing special - just some lettuce in one bowl with some cut up add-ins in separate bowls. There was also some cole slaw (not bad) and a chicken/broccoli salad which my companion rated high. There were two soups and chili. The chili was pretty thin and looked like it might be Cincinnati-style so I passed. I tried the bean and sausage soup - it was pretty good. On the other side the options were burger patties for sliders (although the patties were regular sized and buns were slider size - weird), beef in a gravy, bbq pork (just OK, nothing special), chicken tenders, green beans, baked beans (not bad), french fries, and corn pudding (very good). Our waiter was very professional and attentive, bringing some warm, fresh bread to go with our meal. The decor is Southern country with some jarring effects - floral wreaths around the windows with white Christmas lights, colored kerchiefs in the middle of the table, and what I can only describe as barbershop gospel music playing in the background. The room we were in overlooked a very pretty side yard. We didn't have dessert but from what I saw they looked delicious. Overall, I'd recommend Parkview for lunch if you're in the mood to relax while having lunch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank CovingtonCat
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My mother and I traveled to Bracken County on a genealogy trip. We drove through Augusta when we arrived but discovered that there is only one bed and breakfast operating (which was booked for the night) and no motels. We traveled to Maysville where we spent the night in a rather dingy chain motor lodge. After a day or researching in the 100 degree plus heat we decided to head back to the River Inn and try our luck for night 2. My mom has knee issues so a first floor room is necessary. The Inn had an opening in the "Cottage" a detached structure adjacent to the main building. It was perfect. Clean, well decorated with a sitting area and a large private bath with a stall shower, the Cottage met our needs perfectly. There is a tiny park next door and the 2 block walk down to the Ohio River takes you past quaint storefronts, a bustling pizza place and the Augusta Inn (which looked like a wonderful, cozy spot but alas I did not go inside). Riverside Drive has gorgeous historic homes, huge old shade trees and a views of the Ohio River that are nothing short of spectacular. The sunset view was incredible. There is a ferry that will take you over to Ohio along St. Rt. 52/Ohio Scenic By Way for $5. It runs till about 8:00 PM. We found the AA Highway to be the best route around Bracken County and took it all the way to I 275 to Cincinnati. We ate breakfast at the Inn (blueberry pancakes were delicious as well as the fruit lemonade) and also had the seafood dinner buffet, which was tasty but unfortunately a power outage due to a sudden, severe thunderstorm made dessert (pie with cinnamon ice cream) a little disappointing (no electricity='s no warm pie!) All of the locals that we met were very nice and went out of their way to be welcoming. I look forward to returning to Augusta and exploring in the future.

Room Tip: The Cottage is the only handicap accessible suite
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank teacherlady
JBReview98
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a great place. I particularly love their buffets in the evenings. The food selection is wonderful and always well-stocked.

As far as the town, being a ghost town... hardly! There are many thriving shops and specialty stores, especially for a small town. They aren't open long hours, of course, as is typical in an old-fashioned town.

Amtrak, does run through as do freight trains. But, as far as Amtrak running every 1/2 hour, that is absurd. Amtrak maintains a once a day, six day a week schedule. I enjoy the train traffic and I believe it adds to the "old time" feeling of the town.

I can't think of a better small town to stay in in this area. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JBReview98
Edgewood, Kentucky
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I would discourage anyone from staying here. My husband has talked for years about driving to Augusta and staying at this B&B. So, I surprised him and scheduled a night for us this past Saturday. The staff was VERY unfriendly. When I asked for help, an older gentleman who worked there made sure I knew that the kitchen was yelling at him for not focusing on the food and that he really didn't have time for me. Even though I've read wonderful reviews about the food, we didn't even get to try it! When we woke up on Sunday morning, we could not get the shower to work in the room and there was no one around to help. So we left the keys on the front desk and just left to go home.

Oh - and this B&B sits right next to a train track. Amtrak trains come through every 1/2 hour while blowing whistles. Good luck getting any sleep!

Also, the town of Augusta is a ghost town. Most of the restaurants/shops were either closed down for good or closed for the weekend. People were not friendly at all... except one shop owner that pointed us in the direction of Maysville so we could enjoy the evening; which we did.

There are so many other options in Kentucky to enjoy an evening - avoid this at all costs!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Maria R
Ohio
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Parkview Inn of Augusta Kentucky is a quaint little establishment located several blocks from one of the Ohio Rivers most spectacular views. Our favorite dining is on Friday or Saturday evening. The all you can eat buffet is certainly southern style with lots of fried foods..corn pudding..tomato bread pudding..fried tomatoes and asparagus..variety of chicken, beef and pork dishes (country ham if it's the right day)...also a salad bar with delightful choices. Homemade teas. And well, the desserts are to die for if you dare to save room. We've been partaking of the cuisine here for over ten years now and never been disappointed. Excellent value, too.

PS. We have never stayed all night at the inn, but have only heard good comments. And never be in a hurry while dining here. The rooms appear clean and comfy. Sometimes there is entertainment..good and bad....so check out the singers before sitting in the front dining area. There is a rear dining area. Enjoy.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank OHtravels

Been to Parkview Country Inn? Share your experiences!