Open today: Closed

from $30.18
from $22.94
from $22.94
More Info
All reviews jewish tour jewish community excellent tour communist period recent history personal stories walking tour highly recommend this tour eye opening his knowledge tour takes great insight romanian history interesting stories visiting bucharest marius jews
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Marius is a great guide with deep local knowledge and direct personal experience that combine for a very rewarding walking get tour of the history of communism in Bucharest. This is a tour well with taking.

Date of experience: January 2017
mariuszah, Owner at Good Living, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for joining the tour and for your kind words.

Reviewed December 31, 2016

We were thrilled with the communist tour of Bucharest today which was extremely inspiring. Our tour guide, Marius, was fantastic, so knowledgeable and gave us a real insight into life under the communist regime - we couldn't have asked for more. The Jewish tour, which I went on a few weeks ago also comes highly recommended. Without a doubt the best and most informative tour my friend and I have been on in Europe.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for joining both tours, and for your kind review.

Reviewed December 23, 2016

I had joined the Communist Tour by tour guide Marius earlier on, and decided to also join his Jewish Tour. I am glad I did so, as I found the tour truly fascinating, interesting and moving. The tour shows you a different part of the city and includes a visit to a beautiful synagogue as well. Marius connects the buildings and their architecture very well to the stories of the Jewish history, making the tour come to live. Marius knows so much about the subject and can basically answer any question you might have. Thanks Marius!

Date of experience: December 2016
mariuszah, Owner at Good Living, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Hi Eline,

Thank you for joining both tours, and for the kind review.

Reviewed December 19, 2016

I've booked this tour for the speakers at The Power of Storytelling, an annual narrative journalism conference that gathers some of the best storytellers in the world. The tour was full of historical information, but also of less known interesting facts about the Communist era in Romania. I recommend this experience to both foreigners and Romanians.

Date of experience: October 2016
mariuszah, Owner at Good Living, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2016

Hi Andreea,

Thank you for booking the tour with us, and also recommending this tour to the conference's speakers.

Reviewed December 18, 2016

After doing the Jewish Tour of Bucharest i heard the the same excellent engaging guide Marius also did a Tour of Communism. I had no choice but to book this tour as i was intrigued to hear what interesting stories Bucharest had to offer me. I can tell you that Marius did not disappoint. he's knowledge on the subject is huge. I learnt so much about the period and it was a excellent Experience. I highly recommend this tour if you want to gain great knowledge on a time period, which is not that long ago. I highly recommend this tour.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for booking the Communist tour and the Jewish tour with us, and I am glad to hear you found Bucharest to be an interesting city.