Open today: Closed

from $29.95
from $22.76
from $22.76
More Info
All reviews jewish tour jewish community excellent tour communist period recent history personal stories walking tour highly recommend this tour eye opening his knowledge tour takes great insight romanian history interesting stories visiting bucharest marius jews
Selected filters
Reviewed December 23, 2016

I had joined the Communist Tour by tour guide Marius earlier on, and decided to also join his Jewish Tour. I am glad I did so, as I found the tour truly fascinating, interesting and moving. The tour shows you a different part of the city and includes a visit to a beautiful synagogue as well. Marius connects the buildings and their architecture very well to the stories of the Jewish history, making the tour come to live. Marius knows so much about the subject and can basically answer any question you might have. Thanks Marius!

Date of experience: December 2016
mariuszah, Owner at Good Living, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Hi Eline,

Thank you for joining both tours, and for the kind review.

Reviewed December 19, 2016

I've booked this tour for the speakers at The Power of Storytelling, an annual narrative journalism conference that gathers some of the best storytellers in the world. The tour was full of historical information, but also of less known interesting facts about the Communist era in Romania. I recommend this experience to both foreigners and Romanians.

Date of experience: October 2016
mariuszah, Owner at Good Living, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2016

Hi Andreea,

Thank you for booking the tour with us, and also recommending this tour to the conference's speakers.

Reviewed December 18, 2016

After doing the Jewish Tour of Bucharest i heard the the same excellent engaging guide Marius also did a Tour of Communism. I had no choice but to book this tour as i was intrigued to hear what interesting stories Bucharest had to offer me. I can tell you that Marius did not disappoint. he's knowledge on the subject is huge. I learnt so much about the period and it was a excellent Experience. I highly recommend this tour if you want to gain great knowledge on a time period, which is not that long ago. I highly recommend this tour.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for booking the Communist tour and the Jewish tour with us, and I am glad to hear you found Bucharest to be an interesting city.

Reviewed December 18, 2016

I had a few days in Bucharest and decided to do a few City tours. First of all Bucharest is not known for its touristic attractions. It was recommended to me that i do a Jewish tour. To be honest i was not expecting much. I contacted the tour organizer and easily made my booking. We met promptly at our assigned meeting point on time and were met by Marius. We introduced ourselves and started the tour. It was an amazing experience. Marius engages his audience and is extremely knowledgeable on the History and key facts. The tour sites are unique and you get the chance to learn so much about a key time in our world history. I really enjoyed the tour and i highly recommend it.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for joining the Jewish and the Communist tours. Very happy to hear you enjoyed them.

Reviewed December 13, 2016

I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Bucharest. Provides fascinating insight into one of the most turbulent periods in Romania's history. The guide is very knowledgable and had a very balanced view of events, answering any questions you may have.

Hi Ross,

Thanks for joining the tour and for your kind review.