“Amazing food”

Aubergine Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 2,546 Restaurants in Bucharest
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: Aubergine Healthy Food is a restaurant situated in the very heart of Bucharest, in the Old Town, one of the beautiful historical areas of the city. The cuisine concept is signed by Chef Ronen Meri, famous Israeli chef with 20 years of experience on 4 continents (America, Africa, Asia and Europe). Aubergine by Chef Ronen Meri proposes a tasteful, flavored and colorful Mediterranean cuisine. An eclectic space designed by famous Romanian architect Cristian Corvin, integrating in afriendly yest threatical scenery more than 300 refurbished old doors and window shatters from historical manors from Transylvania, Austria, Hungary. Sofas, refurbished chairs, iconic chairs from Tolix or signed Tom Dixon Aubergine means: Full equiped bar decorated with beautiful white tiles inspired by the Parisian underground. The oval table room including several separes and a special space centered around an elegant and old oval table owned in the 19th century by a Hungarian count. The wine room dedicated to people loving a more intimate atmosphere including a special chamber for the wine resting in a controled environment. The room with a tree, a colorful space with natural light coming from the scuttle centered around a beautiful olive tree. A wine cellar is to be open soon. Pleasant and relaxing atmosphere. Chill out music.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were unsure on what to order, but the waiter was very helpful and gave us some good recommendations. The food was well presented and tasted lovely.
A very good selection of different foods, mostly healthy, which what we were looking for, and this stands out in the old town area.
A good selection of wines, and again the waiter and bar man were very knowledgable and offered advice.
Would go back again, and again!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Absolutely stellar food here at Aubergine in Bucharest. One of the best restaurants in the world I've been to, the food is absolutely incredible and I was totally satisfied but not overly full at the end of the meal.

You must go to Aubergine when in Bucharest, you won't regret it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

OK - if you want to eat at The Fat Duck (Heston Blumenthal) you are going have to book months in advance. But for a restaurant in Bucharest’s Old Town on a Tuesday night in late September I thought we would be able to get a good table for two without booking. I was wrong.
We did get a table, but not upstairs in the good seats.
Aubergine has half a dozen tables outside, four inside downstairs and probably forty covers upstairs. Arriving at 7.15 we could only sit outside or downstairs, so we settled for one inside, next to the front door (shut that door!).
The menu offered a very good range of vegetarian and vegan options, as well as meat dishes, and the waiter was happy to take us through the items we were unsure about.
My wife settled on the aubergine with Tahini, followed by mushrooms in olive oil and garlic. I had the shakshuka (eggs poached in a tomato and chili sauce - but I had to ask) followed by the mixed vegetable pasta. We shared a lentil and mango salad. I also had a glass of a local Rumanian red which remained nameless, but was very palatable, so became 2 glasses.
I have to say the food was excellent, served in good time (by a very pleasant chap) and it was hot. Can’t ask for more.
And the place was buzzing. It soon filled up and from our vantage point by the door we saw at least 20 people go away disappointed as they hadn’t booked. I went upstairs (to the gents) and saw all the tables were taken. I also noted that the majority of diners seemed to be speaking Romanian, so a place used by locals.
In summary, I thoroughly recommend Aubergine, but do book if you want a table upstairs, as we certainly will the next time we go to Bucharest.

1  Thank candjb2015
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A rude and probably under drugs guy welcome customers in an arrogant way. Probably his first day of work or probably it's better if he changes job. I dint taste the food since I was done with this animal attitude. I looked for a better place. Good service is all

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

You can spot this this place is a quality one, there are no one standing outside to ask visitors to come in and eat. Been to this place 2 or 3 times now and it has always delivered. I can recommend this place if you are in town.

Date of visit: July 2019