Ways to Experience BookToursRomania - Private Tours
from $647.36
from $100.89
from $192.48
More Info
All reviews beautiful country day tour memorable trip bran castle romanian history walking tour his knowledge tour company amazing tour great company bogdan itinerary transylvania dracula highlights palace homes
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Terrific 4 day tour of Transylvania, with some great overnight stops. I was amazed at just how much we managed to pack in.

With a start at Bucharest, we headed north stopping first at Sinaia for Peles Castle and then onto Bran Castle, with overnight accommodation at a guesthouse in Magura. Day two and we took in Brasov and Viscri (a fortified Saxon church) before stopping at a very centrally located hotel in Sighisoara. Day 3 took in Biertan and Axente Sever, both fortified churches, before reaching Sibiu. Finally Day 4 involved a drive back to Bucharest via the infamous Transfagarasan Highway which crosses the Carpathians at close to 7000ft above Sea level - fantastic views and an amazing drive. Clarkson of 'Top Gear' fame described it as the greatest driving road in the world !

Bogdan has an encyclopedic knowledge of Romanian history, a great knack for finding the best sites for photos, and was a very safe driver. The organisation and the stops were excellent.His enthusiasm for his country's rich culture and history shone through at ever turn.

My advice would be to take a 4 day tour if time permits. Quite a bit of climbing of narrow towers, so to get the most from the tour, it would be worth being reasonably fit. Would not hesitate to recommend the tour to anyone with an interest in Romania

Reviewed July 10, 2017

My friend and I had an awesome day with Bogdan and Chip. They were both lively guides who are passionate about Romanian history and the outdoors. On our ride out to the countryside from Bucharest, they talked to us about the history of Bucharest, Transylvania, and Romania as a whole. It was a long ride out to the Peles Castle, but they entertained us the entire time, so it felt like a nice fast ride. After Bogdan's private tour of the castle, we were able to drive by the Dracula castle and learn about the inspiration for Dracula! Finally, the best part of our day was the amazing hike we took in Transylvania. We had an authentic Romanian homecooked meal in a quaint village, and then hiked up to a small ridge that overlooked the mountains all around us. What spectacular views and an amazing day! I wish we could have stayed longer in Romania!

Reviewed July 6, 2017

My friend referred me to BookToursRomania and I was thrilled when Bogdan responded that he was available during the dates we wanted to travel. A few emails back and forth, numerous suggestions by Bogdan on what to see, and we had our itinerary planned.
I knew very little about Romania prior to our arrival but Bogdan quickly changed that by sharing his vast knowledge. Bogdan went out of his way to ensure we were enjoying our trip. He surprised my boyfriend with a steam engine train ride (we had to cut a longer ride due to scheduling restraints), found a home cook meal when we arrived at a castle when it was closed for lunch and the only option was a bar with no food and ensured my boyfriend got his fix on all things Dracula.
I often use private guides when I travel overseas and Bogdan by far has been the best.
Jenn - USA

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed July 4, 2017

I have been deployed for 5 months and my girlfriend, Jenn, and I decided to visit Romania. A friend of hers spent her honeymoon here with Bogdan Savulescu as their guide. We decided to do the same and I can't say enough about our experience!

Bogdan is above all else a professional, with a passion for his trade and for his amazing country. At every site we visited (and often along the road between), he told us great stories and related facts of history without notes! I was curious about the Dracula legend (of course!) and he explained how the actual historical figure, Vlad Dracul, became the icon of Bran Stoker's horror classic. I found his depth of knowledge to be fascinating and entertaining.

Seriously, all of you who read this, if you plan to visit this exceptional country, hire this equally exceptional person to guide you! You will not regret it.

Romania is rich in heritage and, for the moment, is an incredible bargain. Four- and five-star hotels are affordable to most travelers, along with elegant dining. Jenn and I had several three-course dinners with wine and desert for around $100 total. That's the norm - sometimes they were less. And the regional food is an adventure. Try it all!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 4 and decided to go to Romania cause we were curious about the country and yes, we wanted to see Dracula's castle. So we found this private tour in the internet and have it booked through efficient communication with Mr. Bogdan. On the day of the tour, Bogdan fetched us on time and at where we exactly stayed in Bucharest. He was so thoughtful for having brought us snacks, sweets, and drinks good for a whole day trip. Bogdan never failed to amuse us while we were going to places, he was very informative, not boring, had a good driving skills, kind and simply a great guide that is beyond our expectation. With him, we've seen and we've learned a lot of things and facts about Romania. Because our time was limited and we wanted to see Rasnov rather than Brasov (which is a little bit far from where we were that time and Rasnov was actually more convenient for him to think) he suggested to see Brasov, you see, he got quality. Moving on, that medieval place just gave us an awe. We had a walk and a stopover for a local icecream break, took us wonderful shots from his camera, let us take our time and even allowed us to shop! Going back to Bucharest was a long drive and we felt sorry cause we were sleeping the whole trip. Woke up and we were already at Bucharest, it was already 8pm, 2 hours delayed for what we've paid for, we were supposed to finish at 6pm. Yet, Bogdan didn't stop from there, he went an extra mile, he toured us around Bucharest at night before bringing us back to our place and our 8hr tour with him became 12! We had an amazing experience with this tour. Couldn't thank Bogdan enough, he even gave us souvenirs too! Very thoughtful and yes, we can say he really love his job.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.