“Excellent Tour with an even more Excellent Guide!”

BookToursRomania - Private Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$425.68*
and up
Transylvania Villages and Medieval Towns - 3 Days...
Ranked #31 of 156 Tours in Bucharest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: BookToursRomania is a licensed Romanian tour operator company with more than 10 years of experience in the field of tourism. We provide private tours throughout Romania specially tailored to your needs and wishes.
Reviewed July 14, 2017

I was working in Bucharest for an extended period of time and decided one day to get out of the city with a friend and go explore the local countryside.

We knew we wanted a private tour to make the most of our time and were not disappointed!

Bogdan picked us up and came totally prepared with drinks and a full array of snacks for the day!

He took us to the castles Peles/Bran... explained Transylvania in detail, we went through villages and back roads (seeing things we never would have seen) and then the highlight We did an early dinner at the first guesthouse in Romania where the owners came to greet us and show us around. Stunning views and an unforgettable experience! Incredibly knowledgeable but in an interesting way! I wouldn't hesitate to go again and in fact am planning another trip with Bogdan to a different part of this beautiful, unspoiled country.

TourGuide_Bogdan, Owner at BookToursRomania - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dear Kat,
Thank you very much for your kind words, I am pleased to know that you had an excellent time in Romania.
I'm glad to read that the back roads and the hidden countryside was enjoyable and that you got to understand better what a great touristy destination Romania is.
Thanks for sharing your experience here!
I am looking forward to meet you again to explore even more regions of this beautiful country.
Kind regards,

in 39 reviews
"transylvania"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Terrific 4 day tour of Transylvania, with some great overnight stops. I was amazed at just how much we managed to pack in.

With a start at Bucharest, we headed north stopping first at Sinaia for Peles Castle and then onto Bran Castle, with overnight accommodation at a guesthouse in Magura. Day two and we took in Brasov and Viscri (a fortified Saxon church) before stopping at a very centrally located hotel in Sighisoara. Day 3 took in Biertan and Axente Sever, both fortified churches, before reaching Sibiu. Finally Day 4 involved a drive back to Bucharest via the infamous Transfagarasan Highway which crosses the Carpathians at close to 7000ft above Sea level - fantastic views and an amazing drive. Clarkson of 'Top Gear' fame described it as the greatest driving road in the world !

Bogdan has an encyclopedic knowledge of Romanian history, a great knack for finding the best sites for photos, and was a very safe driver. The organisation and the stops were excellent.His enthusiasm for his country's rich culture and history shone through at ever turn.

My advice would be to take a 4 day tour if time permits. Quite a bit of climbing of narrow towers, so to get the most from the tour, it would be worth being reasonably fit. Would not hesitate to recommend the tour to anyone with an interest in Romania

Reviewed July 10, 2017

My friend and I had an awesome day with Bogdan and Chip. They were both lively guides who are passionate about Romanian history and the outdoors. On our ride out to the countryside from Bucharest, they talked to us about the history of Bucharest, Transylvania, and Romania as a whole. It was a long ride out to the Peles Castle, but they entertained us the entire time, so it felt like a nice fast ride. After Bogdan's private tour of the castle, we were able to drive by the Dracula castle and learn about the inspiration for Dracula! Finally, the best part of our day was the amazing hike we took in Transylvania. We had an authentic Romanian homecooked meal in a quaint village, and then hiked up to a small ridge that overlooked the mountains all around us. What spectacular views and an amazing day! I wish we could have stayed longer in Romania!

Reviewed July 6, 2017

My friend referred me to BookToursRomania and I was thrilled when Bogdan responded that he was available during the dates we wanted to travel. A few emails back and forth, numerous suggestions by Bogdan on what to see, and we had our itinerary planned.
I knew very little about Romania prior to our arrival but Bogdan quickly changed that by sharing his vast knowledge. Bogdan went out of his way to ensure we were enjoying our trip. He surprised my boyfriend with a steam engine train ride (we had to cut a longer ride due to scheduling restraints), found a home cook meal when we arrived at a castle when it was closed for lunch and the only option was a bar with no food and ensured my boyfriend got his fix on all things Dracula.
I often use private guides when I travel overseas and Bogdan by far has been the best.
Jenn - USA

See more reviews
Reviewed July 4, 2017

I have been deployed for 5 months and my girlfriend, Jenn, and I decided to visit Romania. A friend of hers spent her honeymoon here with Bogdan Savulescu as their guide. We decided to do the same and I can't say enough about our experience!

Bogdan is above all else a professional, with a passion for his trade and for his amazing country. At every site we visited (and often along the road between), he told us great stories and related facts of history without notes! I was curious about the Dracula legend (of course!) and he explained how the actual historical figure, Vlad Dracul, became the icon of Bran Stoker's horror classic. I found his depth of knowledge to be fascinating and entertaining.

Seriously, all of you who read this, if you plan to visit this exceptional country, hire this equally exceptional person to guide you! You will not regret it.

Romania is rich in heritage and, for the moment, is an incredible bargain. Four- and five-star hotels are affordable to most travelers, along with elegant dining. Jenn and I had several three-course dinners with wine and desert for around $100 total. That's the norm - sometimes they were less. And the regional food is an adventure. Try it all!