Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $1,347.51
More Info
from $1,656.31
More Info
All reviews danube delta day tour private tour safe driver memorable trip cable car excellent driver local guide customized tour his knowledge great place to visit visited bucharest george itinerary country romania brasov
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2015

I recently returned from a month long trip to Eastern Europe and one of my favorite memories will be the day that my 7 friends and I spent with George in Translyvania! George picked us up in his van and it was very comfortable for our group of 8. We had a early start planned and George was prompt and his driving was professional. We spent the day in and around Sibui and it was so beautiful and interesting. At one point we saw a market out in the countryside and our group wanted to stop which was no problem for George. It was a fun day with great memories!! I would definitely recommend George and hope to tour with him again in the future.

1  Thank PrincessG07
Reviewed October 7, 2015

George arranged a trip to Sighisoara for 8 of us and was able to meet all our needs. Not only did he give us interesting information about the sights of the town, he also gave us a lot of information about life in Romania, politics, etc. The good thing about his style is that he gives you enough information to make the sights understandable, but doesn't bury you in details as some tour guides do. I would highly recommend George to my friends.

1  Thank GISJohn
Reviewed September 28, 2015

I would highly recommend George as a guide and Romania as a destination! We are a family of five touring and could not be happier with George's expertise. He is professional and very accommodating. I appreciate that he listens closely to his customers' needs and tailors his tours to what they would like to do. Bravo George and I would recommend both George and Romania!!

1  Thank ashley l
Reviewed September 28, 2015

We went on a day trip with Touring Romania to Brasov. George was prompt in replying to email inquiries plus his website had great pictures and detailed itineraries. No regrets in booking him as tour guide. He was always prompt, accommodating and was actively concerned about the group's comfort, and he is an excellent driver. Get George if you want a cool trip to Transilvania.

1  Thank Dcjoeking
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Visiting Romania for a few days, we wanted to include a trip to the Danube Delta, one of the world’s natural heritage sights – and I wasn’t disappointed!! Based in Bucharest, we organised a one day tour with George who owns Touring Romania as feedback on the company was very positive. George was our driver and guide as we set out along the scenic route from Bucharest to the Delta where we enjoyed passing through changing scenery and villages. George was a great driver and provided a “driving commentary” as we passed through villages including the history. He was easy going and very flexible, stopping along the way at the best photo spots. Arriving at Tulcea mid-afternoon, we hired a small speed boat. The skipper took us on a 4 hour tour of Danube Delta which is truly an amazing natural wonderland, where we zipped up the main river and then skilfully took the boat through the many small channels. George and the skipper spent time pointing out the amazing birdlife which included egrets, herons, white-tailed eagles, swans, moorhens, colourful kingfishers, pelicans and many other varieties of small birds and frogs. The skipper also took the time to slow or stop the motor so we could get as close as possible to the wildlife and photo opportunities.
The magnificent scenery and tranquillity of the river added to the experience, with only the occasional boat breaking the silence. There were a number of locals camping and fishing along the river bank, and we also saw a few cows, which all added to the atmosphere of the afternoon. We purposely timed our trip to see the sunset which was magical on the river, including witnessing the increased activity of the birdlife at this time of day. One of the highlights of the day was seeing a large flock of pelicans on a sandbank, before they burst into flight in a fantastic V shape formation
At the end of the river trip, we had dinner at one of the local restaurants along the river bank – which was delicious, before heading back to Bucharest. Although it was a long day (13 hours) it was well worth it and ranks as a highlight of our trip. I would highly recommend George from Touring Romania for any tours throughout Romania.
We had such an enjoyable day with George, that we booked additional day trips with him during our stay.

Date of experience: August 2015