“The BEST Private Tour I Have Ever Experienced!”
Review of The Fixers

The Fixers
Ranked #1 of 39 Transportation in Bucharest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I offer different tours as follows: 1.City tour of Bucharest-half day; 2.The Castles of the Prahova Valley-one day; 3.Largest Salt Mine in Europe/the best winery in Romania (wine tasting too)/the largest location with Muddy Volcanoes in Europe-one day; 4.Best 2 days tour in Transylvania - we visit also Sighisoara and Viscri! 5.The Fortified Churches from Transylvania; 6.The Wooden Monasteries of Maramures and the Merry Cemetery; 7.The Monasteries from Bukovina; 8.Romania and Bulgaria - 2 days tour; 9.Private Guiding with or without a car; Departure from Bucharest or any place in Romania.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 4, 2017

Adrian and his Team are beyond wonderful. I felt like a Princess the entire time we were away. The communication before and after was brilliant; he arrived exactly on time; the fact that I had limited mobility due to a recent car accident was not a challenge in the slightest... Their level of customer service exceeded every expectation - and Adrian's knowledge of and passion for his country is wonderful. Amazing value, amazing service... I feel as though I have just extended my family... Thank you!!!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"excellent trip"
"great insight"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"beautiful country"
"interesting information"
"eastern europe"

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Adrian and Christi are some of the most knowledgeable and personable tour guides I have ever met. They care about their clients and treat you like an old friend who came to Romania. They will make sure that you will want to be back again and again. Both of them are passionate about their region and offer many different and flexible options to cater to everyone´s taste. My buddy Anders and I took the tour with Christi to northern Bulgaria and with Adrian to Romania´s Prahova Valley. We could not be more impressed with their knowledge, enthusiasm, personality, and their choices in sites, restaurants, and shopping choices. Book them for an amazing time!!!

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Adrian and his fellow fixers are the consummate tour guides! I cannot fault their service in any way. Great value, easy and fast communication, excellent English, and extremely knowledgeable about the historical, natural and cultural aspects of Romania. I learned so much about the rich history of this country and also about the places we visited such as the salt mines, old churches, palaces, and government buildings.

Romania is a beautiful country with so much variation in landscape, culture and cuisine that you could tour for months and still be fascinated by new discoveries. Adrian was very flexible changing our tour itinerary to add the salt mines instead of Bran Castle as that suited us better. That way we got the best of the castles as well as the salt mine in one day. He also custom made an afternoon/evening city tour of Bucharest as we only had a short time in the city to see as much as we could. His impeccable service went so far as to pre book a table for us at a very popular restaurant that evening that we would have missed out on had he not had the forsight to do so.

On a personal note, Adrian is very interesting to talk to and has many funny stories about his colourful past experiences and his somewhat unconventional views on the world. Thoroughly enjoyed hearing his personal take on things and opening my mind to new ideas. Would definitely book with The Fixers again if I'm ever back in Romaina! Thanks guys.

Reviewed May 9, 2017

Adrian was a great guide, more like a friend. He is passionate about the country and very knowledgeable and flexible to adjust to your needs. It was a pleasure having him as our guide and I would definitely recommend him to anyone

See more reviews
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

I take my parents on a vacation every year or two and this year we settled on Eastern Europe and a Danube River cruise. Rather than rely on the river cruise's bus tours, I prefer to do some research on the local guides and sights and plan my own excursions. This is also because my parents are not as fast moving and my mother uses a wheelchair for long distances. With a private guide we can see what interests us most and spend as much time as we need.

I found Adrian and The Fixers and we spent all four days with him touring Romania and Transylvania. Adrian arranged for a colleague to meet us at the Bucharest airport to transfer us to our hotel. We did a day long city tour of Bucharest, a day long tour of Transylvania and then a morning trip to the Salt Mines and then finally a transfer to our embarkation for the river cruise in Giurgiu.

Adrian was extremely knowledgeable on Romania and was friendly, prompt and very patient with my parents. He advised us of the government holiday weekend and suggested some change in the itinerary to avoid the holiday crowds. We are so glad we used Adrian as those that went with the ship your were unable to visit the Castle in Bran due to the traffic and crowds. We avoided most of the traffic and crowds and saw everything.

I highly recommend Adrian and his firm. His English was excellent and his knowledge was unparalleled!