All reviewscalea victorieicorner roomnice terraceold townpleasant hotelquiet streetnice bathroomdowntown bucharestdouble roomnice breakfastromaniachristiansaunataxis
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've stayed at this lovely hotel every time i'm in Bucharest and each time receive a warm friendly welcome from the staff, and always impressed with the staff helpfulness to cater for their guest requirements., the Hotel is situated on a quiet street and is near to many of the attractions and easy walking distance to the metro station.. i stayed in the executive room which is in the old part of the building and stayed in the spacious 906 room again, as i previously stayed in 906 room last December, which as all the mod cons, beautifully decorated and clean, telephone, TV, good central heating system and air con, free wifi, which as good connection speed, a mini bar of assorted beverages and snacks which I personal feel are reasonable priced, a good powerful shower that stays at the temperature you set it at, king size bed, window blinds, which you operate with switch on the wall, expresso machine, a relaxation area , but on this occasion visit to the hotel, the kind manager had put in my room a complementary written note and a bowl of assorted fresh fruit, which was extremely nice and thoughtful of the manager and hotel and like to take this opportunity to Thank the Manager and friendly staff for making my stay at your hotel a extra special one and making i and my guest extremely feel welcome and shall look forward staying at your hotel on returning to Bucharest in the future.

Room Tip: I recommend stay in the executive rooms, because standard rooms can be on small size and generally can hear people from down stairs restaurant.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear James,

Thank you for returning to us again! Also thank you for such a nice review. Your kind words made me feel very proud of my team, and it means a lot to us all that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again.
Best wishes,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed here for a week in December. I booked my room online, not through their reservation system but via a hotel website, and there were no glitches. My room was nice and big, with a desk and coffee maker, plus a North American plug outlet in the bathroom which I thought was a nice touch (though I had brought my own power converter). The bed was comfortable; the pillows were too soft for my taste, but most hotel pillows usually are.

The hotel has a pretty good breakfast buffet, and the bar is open late for food and drinks. The restaurant/bar area is small though, maybe only fitting 12-15 people comfortably. That's one of the hotel's weaknesses, but it would only matter if you were with a large group wanting to eat there rather than go out. It also has a small fitness center (couple of treadmills and a weight machine) which I used, and a licensed massage therapist on the premises. (They take great pains to assure you it is a professional massage, not a "happy ending" session.)

The Moxa is located nicely, as it's a 20 minute walk south to the Old City and the People's Palace, and about 20 minutes north to Bucharest's Arch of Trimuph and Museum of the Romanian Peasant. It's also close to the Gara du Nord although you have to walk through a bit of a dicey neighborhood to get to it. But even if you just walk up and down the street the hotel is on (Calea Victoriei) you'll find plenty to see and do.

I've only been to Bucharest once, so I can't compare the Moxa to anything else available. But this place would definitely be on my short list for staying at again.

Room Tip: The hotel has two buildings: a taller main building set back from the street, and a much smaller building at the front. The smaller building seems to have the larger rooms, and if you need a desk to work on, then you'll want to ask to be placed here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James K
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear jwkarr,

Thank you very much for staying with us and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay here! Excellent comments, thank you!
We look forward to see you again in Le Boutique Hotel Moxa!

Best regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed in Le Boutique Hotel Moxa in Jan-Feb 2014 during a business trip and would highly recommend this hotel for both short and long stays. I stayed in the old building, decorated in a classy classic style. Room was very large, having parquet flooring, fancy chandelier, nice paintings on the walls and a large and clean bathroom, which made me feel comfortable and luxuriously treated.
Hotel is centrally located, almost at the heart of the city, close to the Old Town and Herastrau Park - both in 30 min. walking distance in opposite directions.
All staff were very helpful and kind.
I would definitely stay in Hotel Moxa again in my next trip to Bucharest.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Burcu,

Thank you for staying with us, it was really a pleasure for all of us to have you as guest in Le Boutique Hotel Moxa. On behalf of our team, we would like to thank you for your words of appreciation and for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor site.
We are looking forward to see you soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

It struck me that a lot of business people stay at this hotel when we started our trip here. But is nevertheless, very nice. It is in the neighbourhood of the Atenue Roman concert hall and about 15 minutes walk to Revolution Square.

The hotel consists of a beautiful old building that has been restored and converted to a hotel and across a beer garden/ courtyard, the modern glass and steel hotel that houses reception, the restaurant and bar and some other rooms. We stayed in the restored old building, which faces a reasonably busy road, though it is fairly quiet during the late hours.

The rooms are quite opulently done up - some might thin them a bit gaudy, but they feel very Romanian, which is nice. Bathrooms and showers are extremely clean and large. The rooms themselves are also spacious and have lots of storage.

Breakfast in the restaurant has an amazing amount of choice. The bar staff at night are very pleasant and all staff were helpful. It is in the centre of Bucharest, so easy to get to lots of things - about 30 mins walk from the Old Town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Bsmar,

A great big thank you for your very detailed and complimentary review. Our commitment is to make of every guest experience, as exceptional and unique as it can be.

We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I booked a room with booking site. Once i arrived there, i met the manager of the hotel. He showed me all the rooms and after that propose me to rent the biggest one. It was absolutely fabulous! The staff are friendly, food is excelent, hotel clean and comfortable. The hotel is located in city center, near all important touristic and business points. I recommand this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Marian,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am happy to read you appreciate our polite staff and you had a comfortable stay.
We really hope to see you again soon!

Best wishes!