“Great small hotel in excellent location”

Le Boutique Hotel Moxa
Ranked #24 of 168 Hotels in Bucharest
Delhi
“Great small hotel in excellent location”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at Moxa for two nights in late September and found it to be excellent. Nice rooms, great location, good breakfast. I'd highly recommend having dinner at restaurant Patrizia which is just a short walk down the street.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Karolina H
Gratiela_Badicu, General Manager at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for the time allocated to offer us your feedback.

We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully to accommodate you again at Le Boutique Moxa Hotel in Bucharest!

Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great hotel with great service close to city center and almost all attraction in Bucharest :d
Great staff and wi-fi is for free. Pricing is OK for a capital.

It is not hard to find it and they have taxi pick up from and to airport.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We hope you will visit us again soon!

Best regards,

Gratiela Badicu
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights in September. The hotel is well located, close to the metro and within walking distance of most of the main sights. Our room was rather small, but clean and tidy with decent beds. Bathroom was clean, and the breakfast was fine.

All in all, a good choice for Bucharest - I think boutique might be overstating it a little, but I'd certainly come back here if I was back in the city.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pitesti
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The staff were so friendly and helpful and always smiling. The breakfast was great. The service was very good and the rooms were very clean and very modern nice design. It was at the best location, right in the heart of city. Everything about this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Galati County, Romania
Reviewed September 3, 2012

And I use the word "unfortunately" because I was fortunate to be staying at this hotel on business and had little and short time to enjoy all the facilities. But even now that I stayed only one night, I will definitely be back whenever I will need accommodation in Bucharest.
As a Romanian citizen and knowing quite well the city, the location was not so important to me but I will not deny that it was conveniently located for business that I had arrived in town. For tourists from other countries I guarantee that the hotel location is more than great. In the heart of Bucharest, close to the Royal Palace now National Art Museum (few yards down Calea Victoriei), the Central University Library, National Theatre and the city's main boulevards.

The room was larger than I expected and it had all the amenities that one can ask : telephone, flat-screen tv, free Wi-Fi with good connection speed, espresso machine, mini-bar, electronic air-con. Comfortable, has high ceiling with a chandelier, verry big elegant wall mirror ,and last but not least, a king-size bed excellent quality.
Extremely comfortable !

The bathroom also great ,spacious and spotless . With a large power shower,with a sink basin that fit perfectly in style and architecture, hairdryer, also another telephone, another chandelier plus the same stylish huge mirror on the main wall.

Both the room and bathroom were perfectly clean, (actually more accurate is) spotless and more spacious than in similar locations from Bucharest or other European capitals. Overall, a beautiful deco throughout, and a very pleasant feeling of familiarity and that you are not in a foreign place. Somehow you're home away from home. Far beyond what use to inspire impersonal rooms in hotels let's call them industrial, with huge number of rooms.

The staff, mostly young , always friendly and polite: operates customer requirements promptly and efficiently, always smiling and helpful, a real pleasure, less common in Romania, unfortunately .

Regarding the rates, prices of bar or restaurant, I think the right thing would be for those who are interested in this property to take into account that it is a true four-stars hotel. Provides excellent service and conditions of use, you are treated really different, it's more than obvious that all this comes with a price to match.
So, of course, is not a hotel for those looking for the cheapest accommodation or travel with a fixed budget but more for those accustomed to receive maximum possible in return for what they are willing to pay

I usually include more details in my review about hotels but this time I will stop here. Surely I will add some extra and more after I will stay again at Le Botique Hotel Moxa
Not only that I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again but already know for sure that this is where I'll stay on my next travel to Bucharest in a month.
It is quiet and cosy, offers superb value for the money

Room Tip: Note that this is a four star hotel with four star prices
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Claudiu S
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have recently booked a reservation for 15 rooms for guests coming to Bucharest for my wedding. They were absolutely delighted by the comfort and beauty of the rooms and the kidness of the hotel staff. Even if there were some minor issues with some of the rooms, the staff of the hotel reacted very fast to accomodate all requests.
I was able to negotiate a good price in advance and all my special requests were very professionally addressed. Again, I had only very good feed-back from my French and Swiss friends.
I specifically went to this hotel because of the more personal touch (it's not a huge chain hotel) and the very nice setting (major street of downtown, green area, quiet and close to old town).
Great place to enjoy Bucharest as a tourist or business traveller! Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Really a nice and clean hotel. I cannot assess the location as we were there for only one night and travelled by car. The surprising thing for me was that when I took a hanger to put my shirt on, the staff jumped on me(?). They didn't provide any other solution for my problem, just cared for their <1 euro hanger, although we paid EUR 175 per night. Never seen such a thing before.

Room Tip: Don't take a room overlooking the street. The A/C control is not very friendly and when you open...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hmoxa, Director of Sales at Le Boutique Hotel Moxa, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are sorry that you were upset that you could not use the hotel hanger for putting your shirt. This is indeed a usual and regular procedure for all hotels; otherwise all guests will leave with the hotel hangers. Still, upon request, we always offer to our guests simple metal hangers that that can take with them.

We kindly ask for your consideration in understanding that most of the hotel room amenities are for on-the-spot usage and not for taking them away.

We hope that we will have the chance to prove you that we are stylish hotel that offers high class, personalized services.

We remain at your disposal.
Kind regards,