“Great for a short getaway”

Ramada Hotel and Suites Bucharest North
Ranked #30 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
Buzau, Romania
“Great for a short getaway”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We booked this hotel as we were invited to a wedding in this part of the city and we needed a place to stay. This was the best value for money we could find. Although we had a very short stay, we really enjoyed it. The staff was kind enough to arrange a late check out for us on Sunday. The room was comfortable, quiet and very clean. When we woke up, a good coffee on the terrace was just what we needed. We saw that they have opened a pool, but the weather was not the best for swimming. It seemed fun though and we hope to use it next time we will be here.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrian M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Just completed a 1 night stay in Ramada Hotel & Suites Bucharest. Usually for my business trips to Bucharest I would stay somewhere in the heart of the city but this time my meetings were in this posh area, hence I stayed close by. For the short stay I can say that the impression is all in all positive with small glitches but nothing significant.
The receptionists are very welcoming speaking good english. The public areas are clean and well maintained. Breakfast not lavish but still more than good and sufficient in variety. Rooms are good size and very clean, so are the bathrooms. They were no toothbrushes/paste and as I forgot to bring mine, I called the house keeping and such were sent in no time.
On the glitch side, what I didn't quite like were the narrow corridors on the floors as well as somehow the lobby needs more light and life. The access to the htoel entrance from the narrow street perhaps needs also a bit more decoration but anyway, this has nothing to do with the quality of the stay...
SO still a good choice, I recommend it

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Senec, Slovakia
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here for three nightd. It was my fourth trip to Bucharest, and this is the best hotel for me. Location is far to the city centre, but close to both airports, close to the Roma Expo. Staff is very profesional, restaurant is OK, but the terrace restaurant is great, wtih comfortable chairs, good drinks and lot of green.
Rooms are big and modern, hotel os nearly new, so also the rooms looks OK.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter_SC_SLOVAKIA
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed only one night, but it gave me a very good impresion. I arrived about an hour before check-in and they had a room ready for me which was nice to not have to wait. My room room was exceptionally clean, the bed was very very big and comfortable, with a lot of space to leave your clothes, better than most bussines hotels. The room includes an ironing machine and table, very convenient.
The hotel staf was very frendly and the service was excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mihaela p
Prangins, Switzerland
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Excellent for business. We had a small meeting. All services worked very well.
The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable. Not enough electricity sockets, so you have to switch off the table lamp to make a coffee on your private espresso machine.
Friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed April 27, 2012

As a frequent traveler to Bucharest on business I’ve been a guest of almost all the 4 star hotels in the center and northern part of the city. Hands down this is one of the best! Very clean room, prompt service and a lovely terrace. Enjoying the good weather they had in Bucharest last week I spent all the free time I had at the terrace relaxing. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and business associates.

Arpad Szekely, Cluj-Napoca

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
berne
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada Bucharest North for a conference at the end of March 2012. The room was average but clean. Staff was generally not very motivated and did not really care. As a general rule of thumb: Don't try to call the front desk if you have a problem. Better show up in person to deal with the staff. They were able to provide me with a shaving kit, but shook their heads in disbelief when I asked for hand and body lotion.

Buffet breakfast is served until 10:00 A.M. - but watch out you have all your food on your plate by 9:40 A.M. because that's around the time they close the buffet.

The location is quite convenient in an upscale neighborhood with a lot of embassies, in the proximity of the airport, but you'll need a taxi to get to the city center (cost: ca. 30-35 Lei). There's a huge construction site adjacent to the hotel premises.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank telemark
Flavia S, General Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Bucharest North, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review . I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your experience in our hotel.
We would like to let you know that , according to the Ramada International operating standards, we do not have hand and body lotion among our in room amenities and the buffet breakfast has never been closed before 10 am. Most probably, what you have noticed was the waiters rearranging the platters on the buffet.
As we always strive to provide the perfect service to our guests, your comments have been shared with our team.
We deeply value your feedback, and we sincerely hope that you will stay with us in the future. We would be pleased to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel !

Flavia Sandu