Book In Advance
Tours from Bucharest Urban Adventures tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Bucharest Urban Adventures
from $65.77
from $63.47
from $63.47
from $133.86
More Info
All reviews street art interesting times bureau alternative tour dark side hidden gems tour bohemian tour combo tour great tour tour guide communist history food tour walking tour communist times highly recommend this tour small group great introduction these guys
Reviewed July 20, 2015 via mobile

We experienced the tour as though we were taken around Bucharest by a friend (Roxana in our case). The atmosphere was very relaxed and the sights and stories so different and unique compared to more mainstream tours. Highly recommendable!

1  Thank Edo R
Doru1980, Manager at Bucharest Urban Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2015

"Hey dear friend! I am grateful for your quick review and nice words. Here, at Interesting Times Bureau, we focus on offering the best experience with relaxed and complex walks, so that our job can be fulfilling too :)! The stories are meant to keep you connected and curious, therefore I'm glad that we've succeeded.
Best luck with your travels and hope to hear from you again! Say hello to Roos too! "
Roxana - local enthusiast -

Reviewed July 19, 2015

I went on the 'beautiful decay' tour with Robert and thoroughly enjoyed it. We visited a number of crumbling old buildings around the city, all with interesting histories and very different present uses - from a government institute to hidden garden bars. We then headed to the outskirts to explore hulking industrial wreaks, taking in impressive street art on the way.

All in all, a really interesting glimpse of Bucharest's past and present.

The group are clearly innovative in the tours they offer, and highly professional in their communication and conduct.

3  Thank Vanderlost
Doru1980, Manager at Bucharest Urban Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2015

"Hello there again!
So glad to see that more and more people find out about us and pick our tours.
Thanks for the great words. For us, rapid responses and thorough communication with our guests is essential, among all the stories and places that we discover and rediscover each time in our beloved city, Bucharest
Travel well and come back soon"
Robert – urban explorer

Reviewed July 16, 2015

For the limited time I had to spend in Bucharest, I decided to have a brief look at the city. I went on the Communism Tour as it sounded like a good option to learn about the city's recent history. It was certainly worth it. You'll see a lot more than just the biggest sights. And my guide, Doru, had a great knowledge about what has happened in Bucharest over the last decades and beyond. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: February 2015
2  Thank joge_FI

Hey man,
thanks for the review :)
On all my communist tours I try, as you said, to give people a trip back to the communist era, both by the tour itself but also by the follow-up information we send after the tour.
It's a very interesting period in our history and in Europe's history and that's why it should be treated with care when presented to other people.
Hope to see you again soon in sunny Bucharest,
All the best,
Doru

Reviewed July 15, 2015

I can’t recommend this enough. The Beautiful Decay tour was one of the highlights of my trip to Romania.

I booked a very last minute trip to Romania when I found out I would be switching jobs and didn’t have much luck pre-booking tours online. Almost all the tours I found were private guides which wasn’t my ideal situation as a young solo traveler. When I got to Bucharest, I found the Interesting Times brochure in the lobby of my hotel and was able to book a tour for the next day via email. I mentioned I was open to any of the tours and Robert recommended Beautiful Decay as I could join an existing reservation. Unfortunately, the other two folks didn’t show up so Robert and I were on our own but he didn’t seem at all bothered by it.

What I loved most about the tour is that almost all of the stops are places you wouldn’t be able to visit on your own. It’s also really flexible so you have plenty of time to explore and take pictures at each location. The abandoned factory was really cool and definitely not something I would normally have ventured into. The tour itself was probably around 4 hours and then we stopped at a local street fair and grabbed a drink.

After my tour, Robert sent a follow up email with information about each of the sites we visited, recommendations for Brasov (the next stop on my trip), and some of the photos he took which I thought was really nice.

Date of experience: June 2015

"Hello there again and thanks for the really kind words!
I’m so happy you had fun while you were here, in our lovely city. We’re all about creating authentic experiences that leave our guests with unique experiences and stories to share with their friends.
You are always welcome to join us on another tour on your next visit here.
Travel well and take care"
Robert – urban explorer

Reviewed July 6, 2015

Robert is able to communicate in English fluently. He did a great job of showing us around and explaining the finer points of the tour.

He had a great attitude and always responded to emails very quickly.

My highest recommendation for this tour company.

2  Thank Robert H
Doru1980, Manager at Bucharest Urban Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2015

"Cheers mate and thanks for the great words!
I’m proud to be a helpful hand when it comes to showing and sharing some of this city’s hidden paths and places. Hope you enjoy your every minute here and if you ever come back, just gives a call and we will be more than happy to take you on some other trips through Bucharest.
Take care and travel safe."
Robert- urban explorer