“Novotel Hotel in Bucharest” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Bucarest City Centre

Ranked #14 of 171 Hotels in Bucharest
Medias, Romania
“Novotel Hotel in Bucharest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have spent one week this year in November in Novotel Hotel in Bucharest for business purpose. Excellent hotel: room, services!! Conference rooms very good equiped and coffee breaks with cakes and fruits. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arendt_Irina, Marketing Officer at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Novotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, our conference rooms and the invigorating coffee breaks as well as our friendly and professional team. Exceeding our guests’ expectations is what we strive for and we are therefore extremely glad to hear that you had a great experience in Novotel Bucarest City Centre.

Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back in a soon future.

Novotel Bucarest City Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed for more than a week in this hotel. It is in a very good position, but the service was absolutely not at the level of a 4 stars hotel and the price/quality level of food at the restaurant very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor travelers.

I am very sorry to read that we did not meet your entire expectations and I apologize for this. Exceeding our guests’ satisfaction is what we strive for and I can assure you that your comments have been taken into consideration and passed to the top management for their perusal.

Despite these inconveniences, I am glad that you enjoyed our central location, close to the main attractions of the city.
We would be more than glad to have the chance to hosting you again during your next trip to Bucharest.

Respecfully,

Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while on business and it did everything it claimed, it was as 'standard' for the Novotel chain as it could be and centrally located. The service on the front desk was a little abrupt but apart from that the hotel was comfortable, clean and the breakfast superb.

If you want a Western European standard central hotel in Bucharest, you won't go far wrong with this one.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Arendt_Irina, Marketing Officer at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you found the location of Novotel Bucharest City Centre convinient and that you pointed out our varied breakfast buffet.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest, therefore your feedback regarding the Reception is very important to us. Please rest assured that your comments have been passed to the Front Office Manager for her perusal.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Kindest regards,

KC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very nice hotel. Good workout facilities. Centrally located to many attractions. You can easily walk to the art museum and many nice restaurants. The staff were helpful and friendly. Fairly typical for a Novotel experience

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our hotel’s central location, close to the main city attractions and that our staff was showing care and attention.
I shared your compliments with the entire team in order to be aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Kindest regards,

Dulles, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I unfortunately stayed three nights in this hotel in March. The room was both small and very dingy. It was hard to escape the throngs of smokers near the conference rooms.

I had signed up for the Le Club Accorhotels frequent guest program prior to staying and made sure I gave my number at reservation and check-in. When I never received any credit for staying, I also filled out the missing credit form on the website. No response there either.

I certainly won't be staying at any more Accor Hotels in the future if I can possible avoid it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Novotel for your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry to read that you did not receive the Le Club Accorhotels points for your stay with us, but please rest assured that your review has been taken into consideration and I already informed our Front Office Manager for her perusal.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest, therefore your feedback is very important to us and help to prevent future occurrence.

We really hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

St Albans
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed two nights here while attending a conference. It was handy to be able to reach a lot of the main sights with a fairly short walk, and there are literally dozens of bars and restaurnst 10 minutes away. Everything was very smart, and my room was reasonably spacious. The desk is on wheels, and pivots at one end so you can have it against the wall or pull it out at right angles. What seemed a gimmick became a lot more important when I realised that the only place I could plug my laptop in was by the bed, and the power lead would only reach if the desk was pulled out.
Separate bath and showr, which is unusual these days, but the separate WC by the entrance door meant you had to walk 10 feet to wash your hands
Hot breakfast seemd very geared to unidentified deep-fried things, but there was a good selection of cheese and cold meats, plus good bread and pastries

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arendt_Irina, Marketing Officer at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed the attractions of the city which are just a stone’s throw away from the hotel. Furthermore, I am delighted to see that you pointed out the pivoting desk in your room, perfect for working or dining.
As per your comments referring the plugging in of your laptop, kindly let me inform you that the rooms are equipped with sockets next to the working desk as well.

Regarding our breakfast buffet selection yes indeed our food and beverage team focus to offer a large choice of quality products in order to deliver to our valuable guests a good day start!
Nevertheless thank you for your remark and definitely we will re-enforce our labels dishes names regarding the hot buffet local specialties corner.

Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back in a soon future.

Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here for two nights at the start and end of a 7-night tour of Romania. Prior to this, I had extended my stay at the InterContinental Hotel, which is 300 meters away, in front of the hotel. The one thing I liked better about this hotel is that the rooms were quieter. It's certainly more modern, and built far more recently. That being said, staying at the InterContinental is an entirely different experience. The rooms here are rather cramped--like one would expect in New York City. Also, forget about room decorations or stylish furniture. Everything here is simple and functional.
The aspect of the room I liked the least here is that the toilet is as far as it can be from the bathroom, including the sink. After using the toilet, the guest has to go through the entry way and around the room to wash his hands. Unlike the InterContinental, in which the rooms have balconies and sweeping views of the city, the rooms here have non-opening windows and no views.
The other aspect of this hotel which I don't like is that there is only a short, one-lane driveway. This means that when coming in, there's a big rush to get your luggage out, because any vehicle behind is blocked. It also means the driveway is blocked if a driver needs to come into the lobby to find a guest.
The breakfast spread will satisfy any palate. It's not quite as nice as the InterContinental's, but it has an omelette station, and plenty of hot and cold choices. The gym is small and functional (again, not quite as nice as the InterContinental's). Another fact to keep in mind is that the nearest metro station is in front of the InterContinental--that is, about 300 meters away.
I have no major complaints about my stay. The rooms, while not luxurious, were comfortable and quiet. The internet is free and works well. I would just say that if you can find a similar price for a room at the InterContinental, I think a stay there would be more comfortable, unless what you need most is a quiet room (I just bring earplugs).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Arendt_Irina, Marketing Officer at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor travelers.

I am glad to inform you that Novotel Bucharest is constantly improving its product in order for the guests to feel like home and is preparing a lot of amazing surprises for this end of the year: new restaurant menu and half board offer, Tapas offer in the bar, complete renovation of our executive floors and rooms, innovative coffee breaks concept and many more.
Therefore we will be delightful to having you as our quest in the near future and discuss with you personally about your experience with us.