“Normal Novotel Standards”

Ranked #12 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while on business and it did everything it claimed, it was as 'standard' for the Novotel chain as it could be and centrally located. The service on the front desk was a little abrupt but apart from that the hotel was comfortable, clean and the breakfast superb.

If you want a Western European standard central hotel in Bucharest, you won't go far wrong with this one.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Arendt_Irina, Marketing Officer at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you found the location of Novotel Bucharest City Centre convinient and that you pointed out our varied breakfast buffet.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest, therefore your feedback regarding the Reception is very important to us. Please rest assured that your comments have been passed to the Front Office Manager for her perusal.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for Novotel Bucarest City Centre

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very nice hotel. Good workout facilities. Centrally located to many attractions. You can easily walk to the art museum and many nice restaurants. The staff were helpful and friendly. Fairly typical for a Novotel experience

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor travelers.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our hotel’s central location, close to the main city attractions and that our staff was showing care and attention.
I shared your compliments with the entire team in order to be aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I unfortunately stayed three nights in this hotel in March. The room was both small and very dingy. It was hard to escape the throngs of smokers near the conference rooms.

I had signed up for the Le Club Accorhotels frequent guest program prior to staying and made sure I gave my number at reservation and check-in. When I never received any credit for staying, I also filled out the missing credit form on the website. No response there either.

I certainly won't be staying at any more Accor Hotels in the future if I can possible avoid it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Arendt_Irina, Marketing Officer at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Novotel for your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry to read that you did not receive the Le Club Accorhotels points for your stay with us, but please rest assured that your review has been taken into consideration and I already informed our Front Office Manager for her perusal.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest, therefore your feedback is very important to us and help to prevent future occurrence.

We really hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed two nights here while attending a conference. It was handy to be able to reach a lot of the main sights with a fairly short walk, and there are literally dozens of bars and restaurnst 10 minutes away. Everything was very smart, and my room was reasonably spacious. The desk is on wheels, and pivots at one end so you can have it against the wall or pull it out at right angles. What seemed a gimmick became a lot more important when I realised that the only place I could plug my laptop in was by the bed, and the power lead would only reach if the desk was pulled out.
Separate bath and showr, which is unusual these days, but the separate WC by the entrance door meant you had to walk 10 feet to wash your hands
Hot breakfast seemd very geared to unidentified deep-fried things, but there was a good selection of cheese and cold meats, plus good bread and pastries

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Arendt_Irina, Marketing Officer at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you found our location convenient and that you enjoyed the attractions of the city which are just a stone’s throw away from the hotel. Furthermore, I am delighted to see that you pointed out the pivoting desk in your room, perfect for working or dining.
As per your comments referring the plugging in of your laptop, kindly let me inform you that the rooms are equipped with sockets next to the working desk as well.

Regarding our breakfast buffet selection yes indeed our food and beverage team focus to offer a large choice of quality products in order to deliver to our valuable guests a good day start!
Nevertheless thank you for your remark and definitely we will re-enforce our labels dishes names regarding the hot buffet local specialties corner.

Looking forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back in a soon future.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed here for two nights at the start and end of a 7-night tour of Romania. Prior to this, I had extended my stay at the InterContinental Hotel, which is 300 meters away, in front of the hotel. The one thing I liked better about this hotel is that the rooms were quieter. It's certainly more modern, and built far more recently. That being said, staying at the InterContinental is an entirely different experience. The rooms here are rather cramped--like one would expect in New York City. Also, forget about room decorations or stylish furniture. Everything here is simple and functional.
The aspect of the room I liked the least here is that the toilet is as far as it can be from the bathroom, including the sink. After using the toilet, the guest has to go through the entry way and around the room to wash his hands. Unlike the InterContinental, in which the rooms have balconies and sweeping views of the city, the rooms here have non-opening windows and no views.
The other aspect of this hotel which I don't like is that there is only a short, one-lane driveway. This means that when coming in, there's a big rush to get your luggage out, because any vehicle behind is blocked. It also means the driveway is blocked if a driver needs to come into the lobby to find a guest.
The breakfast spread will satisfy any palate. It's not quite as nice as the InterContinental's, but it has an omelette station, and plenty of hot and cold choices. The gym is small and functional (again, not quite as nice as the InterContinental's). Another fact to keep in mind is that the nearest metro station is in front of the InterContinental--that is, about 300 meters away.
I have no major complaints about my stay. The rooms, while not luxurious, were comfortable and quiet. The internet is free and works well. I would just say that if you can find a similar price for a room at the InterContinental, I think a stay there would be more comfortable, unless what you need most is a quiet room (I just bring earplugs).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Arendt_Irina, Marketing Officer at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor travelers.

I am glad to inform you that Novotel Bucharest is constantly improving its product in order for the guests to feel like home and is preparing a lot of amazing surprises for this end of the year: new restaurant menu and half board offer, Tapas offer in the bar, complete renovation of our executive floors and rooms, innovative coffee breaks concept and many more.
Therefore we will be delightful to having you as our quest in the near future and discuss with you personally about your experience with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

It is a new and modern hotel with good facilities. The location is good for visiting the Old Town and city center, next to the shopping area and restaurants.
Good breakfast, maybe a bit repetitive.
My only "but" would be the pillows - a bit too hard for my liking.
No problem recommending it.

1  Thank tomaszsm
Arendt_Irina, Marketing Officer at Novotel Bucarest City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Novotel during your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to see you had overall a great time at the Novotel Bucarest City Centre and that you took advantage of our hotel’s central location, very close to the main attractions of the city.

Thank you for recommending Novotel Bucarest City Centre and looking forward to having the chance to hosting you again during your next trip to Bucharest.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2012

All the amenities are there to have a good conference: professional staff ready to help,good conference rooms, with working airco, water on the tables, good chairs and tables, all the technology working. Nice variation of snacks and bites for the breaks - including fresh fruit and fruit juices. Even games and toys (indoor basketball, mini ping-pong, and others) like you would find only in the creative hall of a few IT companies...
Really everything you need to be able to focus your attention fully on the conference.

Concerning the hotel itself.
The rooms are typically minuscule, with a minuscule cupboard: nothing the hotel staff can do anything about, it is a French hotel chain after all, and all the rooms worldwide have been built to the same minuscule standards.
Although the airco works very well, the windows cannot be opened: nothing they can do about that either - they say it is for security reasons, but it's probably cheaper to leave it like that; other hotels in the area have no such qualms.

What they COULD do something about, and which many have already complained about on this site, is the food, the minibar prices and the TV.
Indeed, the food was a bit of an issue: you never know what the specific ingredients are: is there meat in there, is it pure vegetarian, is there pork in there? Even the cooks and the staff at lunch or dinner didn't always know. (I know it is a meat eating country, and it is a French chain, but still, this is a hotel that caters to guests from all over the world).
The minibar is ridiculously expensive, even compared to the bar downstairs: best go to the minimarket a little further on for all your needs.
TV is either local or focused on the French and the Swiss - hardly any selection in English CNN, Euronews).

The roomservice is quite good though: staff is friendly and helpful, and it is fast.

Good for a conference, but staying more than two nights started to make me feel very claustrophobic.

Room Tip: Go for high floors (won't hear the dogs fighting so much), maybe pay a little more for an execut...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Bucharest and for taking your time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor travelers.

I am delighted to see that you pointed out our conference facilities and our professional team who always makes sure that our guests will get the most out of their meetings. Indeed we offer a large variety of items for the coffee breaks and recently we also launched the new WOW free themed coffee breaks concept in order to animate their meeting breaks. So, every month we surprise our guests with seasonal delights and mini games of basketball, golf and tennis for their recreation.

I am very sorry to read that you encountered some issues with the food items from our lunch buffet, but please rest assured that I already passed your comments to the Food and Beverage team for their perusal. Your feedback is very valuable to us and helps us to improve our product and services provided to our guests. I would like to mention though that our menus are offering all the details regarding the ingredients of the dishes and the vegetarian options are highlighted with a specific icon.

Thank you once again for your feedback and looking foreword to welcoming you back to our hotel.