My company organised the El Greco for my first stay in Bucharest, due to its proximity to our office. At first glance it is a beautiful old building, nicely refurbished, in a quiet area; the rooms are spacious, and the amenities appropriate. Nevertheless I changed the hotel for my next visit (to the Hotel Marshal, just under 100 m away), as I found some aspects unsatisfactory:
- No shower curtains - the bathroom is left flooded after having a shower.
- The air purifier in the bathroom - which unfortunately could not be removed - left an unwelcome 60s public toilet perfume smell on everythinig.
- The room cannot be darkened completely - the curtains are about 20 cm away from the window and not full height, letting light in from the break of dawn.
- The breakfast buffet was apparently only re-filled once a week - every day there was less to be had.
- The hotel garden restaurant has live music every Tuesday and Thursday - which unfortunately can also be "enjoyed" in the rooms.
- As already reported by other guests, the staff was indeed not overly interested in the guests.
I did not use neither luggage storage nor taxi service, so cannot comment on the corresponding complaints; I had no problems with my booking or payments.
In summary, while it looks nice, the hotel is overall not up to the image it tries to create - the service lags behind the design.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Greco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Greco Bucharest