Vila 11 Bed & Breakfast
Hotels.com
$169
$119
  • Pool
K+K Hotel Elisabeta(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
$81
$94
InterContinental
$184
$176
Europa Royale Bucharest(Bucharest)(Great Value!)
$83
  • Restaurant
All reviewscanadian ladya great place to staygaravillastefan
Reviewed September 23, 2013

recommended by Lonely Planet - don't know what they were thinking. It is a dump. Single room with bath 20 euros. Bathroom was putrid with sewage smell from toilet. No curtains on window, no privacy. Bed mattress sinking to the floor. no soap. Breakfast left all night on table - couldnt touch it. Only thing going for this place is its close location to train station. Owner's daughter threw a hissie fit when asked to give an invoice. Friendly Canadians? I dont think so

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pauline s
hopity, Owner at Vila 11 Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Oh, I remember you.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have nothing to complain about in regards to this B&B. The room was basic, the beds were average in the comfort department, the breakfast was actually quite good, as well the location was good. The hospitality of the family that runs this place was also great. Though perhaps somewhat opinionated... but I suppose that is better then having someone who will tell you about the sites but not about which ones are best.

In any event we enjoyed our stay here it was a room to crash in at the end of a long day. No issues. I see how other people complain, and I see the basis of their complaints but I am glad I stayed here anyway. I would recomend you stay here as long as you re not too needy in regards to 5 star accomadations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jon_1982

Nice to know we can still get it right. Thanks for taking time to let us know how we did.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The building itself is old and has good atmosphere, which I enjoyed. There is a small nice garden area that is not used for anything. If the garden is repaired for guests, it would be great.
I stayed in private single room. Furniture in it looks just old, it should not be called “Antique”.
Said that, it’s all up to you if you take this house “OLD” or “ANTIQUE”
I could see renovation work done here and there, but if bathroom (especially bathtub area) is much cleaner/newer, vila11 B&B will be a very good place to sleep.

Breakfast is served between 9 – 11. Some reviews mention “Delish Pancake”. Unfortunately pancake is not served on Saturday ( or weekends). I missed a good opportunity ! Instead, breakfast buffet is served on Saturday (or weekends) but it is very simple like bread, cheese, eggs and drink.
There is no wifi here, you might be able to catch it at the station though.

The location is good, it is really close to the station, if you don’t get lost, it should be 3 – 5 minutes walking.
There are 2 dorms ( 6 beds, each) on the ground level, that look quite good.
I stayed here less than 24 hours as I checked in late night and checked out in the early morning, so I had little chance to talk to the owner, but she is a native English speaker, she must be helpful if you need help. However, don’t expect correspondence by email much, I was usually ignored and finally got a reply after several queries.

Vila 11 is not the worse overall ;-) I had seen worse.

By the way, toilet paper was not provided in my room. Is it normal for Vila11 ? Not sure,,, good thing was I had my roll :-p

Room Tip: Dorm room looks very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank mamacita1001

Yes, we have toilet paper a plenty, sorry if we missed your room. Thanks for the review.

By the way, in Europe antique is from sometime in the last century but in Canada it seems anything from before WWII is ancient history. I guess we fit somewhere in between.

Oh yes, we got WIFI now.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The positive thing is that the hostel is located really near to the Gare de nord. But that's all. I am very dissapointed. The bedding is very dirty, and even somewhere was some blood. The doors could not be locked. The breakfast looks like food gone bad (be careful what do you eat there). Also, I have suspicion that the family uses volunteers fr personal benefit. In general, I do not recommend this hostel. Sorry if the owners would be insulted by that, but they should think about the cleanness.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Nikolaybg

Vila11 does not use voluneers for our hostel operations. Our family has a charity project we support in the countryside and any volunteers arriving in Romania stay with us fre of charge while they get their bearings. We do not believe in free labour to replace a local job.

I am sorry you misunderstood my conversation about the availability of volunteers for your project. Prehaps it was a language barrier.
Thanks for the review, sorry we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was the worst place I have ever stayed in - very uncomfortable bed all lumps and protruding metal springs, dirty bath and general lack of cleanliness (dust ,cobwebs and windows covered in pigeon mess). I was also concerned re some safety aspects - some electric sockets were hanging off the wall, there were no smoke/fire alarms or labelled emergency exits or evacuation plans and I only saw one fire extinguisher hidden behind a couch. The fridge was dirty and there was no way I was going to eat the fabled pancakes.
Owners didnt really seem to know who we were despite booking in advance and had originally reserved a dorm for us ((we requested double room). When we did want help to fix a small fan in the room as temp was around 28C this was not forthcoming

Room Tip: Choose another place in that area if you want to be by Gara du nord station. There are other budget options
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple