“familiar and kind”

Ranked #31 of 123 Bucharest B&B and Inns
Suances, Spain
“familiar and kind”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We just were there sleeping for 4 nights and they are very nice poeple in a very special hotel.
You feel like at home. THey don´t control the place as if it´d be a prison. You go and come feeling good.
It has the taste of an authentic place for travellers, not that much for tourists.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pablo R
hopity, Owner at Vila 11 Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
It is always a pleasure for our family to be able to help our guests discover more of what Bucharest has to offer.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return,,, with a friend or two.

Maybe New Years!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The rooms were small, crammed, overpriced, unclean (the staff don't clean on Fridays or Saturdays?!), and extraordinarily hot. To get to the hostel, you must walk through a long, sketchy alleyway filled with broken glass and noisy stray dogs. The staff (a rude, unsociable Canadian family) were unhelpful, slow (i had to wait 35 minutes for a room to be prepared) and racist (the Canadian son informed me that the Turkish are useless slobs, and that Hitler slaughtered all of the Jews in Europe (including Romania) during the Holocaust because he disliked cheap and lazy American Jews). I was extremely unhappy with my stay, I would rather sleep in the train station.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank NemoTheTraveler
hopity, Owner at Vila 11 Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Buchurest is a city undergoing the transition to Western standards. Unfortunately stray dogs, urinating vagrants and exceptional summer heat are some of the features beyond our control and although I apologise for your discomfort I do not hold us resposible.
The aspect regarding a Rude family: I have been called many things in my life but rude was never one of them. We live in and off this house and it would not be benifitial to anyone here to be rude to our guests. We often get up at 5am to let in people arriving on overnight trains and stay up late to pick up guests from the airport, We make special arrangements for guests and try to be helpful on all occasions.
The comments you mention I feel have been a little exagerated and prehaps were the opinions of a young man and not the management. We are here to provide accomodation for our guests , if you choose to entertain a converation with us you do so as a fellow traveller in the world. Take us as you find us. No offence.

Travelers are raving about these Bucharest hotels

Sinaia, Romania
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Bed was very uncomfortable, could feel the metal springs. Room was smelly & dirty & very hot. People who own it run it, & seemed uninterested in the business side. Breakfast was pancakes (which were actually really good) but not much else. Debbie (Canadian co-owner) was friendly, but liked to give out unwanted opinions on travellers personal preferences (i.e. music preferences, travel preferences, restaurant preferences). Seems like they could benefit from a little upgrading, especially since they complained of all the recent "competition" in town. No WI-FI, but very close to train station & English is well spoken. DON'T GO ON Saturday as they have their "sabbath" on Sat & will not lift a finger for you on that day. I had 2 sleepless nights because of the mosquitos and loud neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank chasNUMBA4
You will be pleased to know that as a result of your comment we have replaced the ofending bed: it has done admirable service.
As you know I enjoy meeting my guests over breakfast and as Eurpoeans we tend to discuss the events of the day and plans for the day ahead. I share information about bus routes and train timetables, recommend places to stay at the seashore, in the mountains or in Bulgaria. Often guests request information about specific places, concerts, festivals, art exhibits and the likes and as a result we share views. Having an opinion or preference is a normal human reaction. No one is obligied to act on my advice, I am already the mother of 4. My guests are free to do as they please.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2010

This place is very convenient to the train station (and the bus that runs from there to the airport). Rooms are cozy and the owners are helpful anf friendly. The downsides would be the lack of internet if you need to go online (there's only one internet cafe I could find, near the bar/restaurant district, and it's kinda smokey and gross) and the constant dog barking (there's a pack of about 10 strays that hang out behind the flats across from the station), which obviously the owners can't help. Also breakfast tends to sit out for hours on end/all day, I'd recommend eating out for breakfast if you can afford to.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CattyBB
We now have internet in-house for our guests!
brisbane
Reviewed September 8, 2010

we had booked this place for our arrival into Bucharest. The owners seemed flustered we had arrived, not at all pleasant, the place stank. The top floor room was sauna hot with no air-conditionig (as stated by lonely planet) I have stayed in some terrible places but even in my exhausted state I could not come at staying here.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank hiker6399
new york, new york
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Avoid at all costs! The sheets were filthy, the bed so lumpy you couldn't sleep on it, the staff were grumpy and unhelpful, and mosquitoes were swarming. To be honest, it was the worst place I've ever stayed - and I've stayed in some real hell holes. If you absolutely have to go to Bucharest, treat yourself to something a little bit better!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank drewturnman
Austin, TX
Reviewed June 7, 2010

No door keys, "Because people just steal them," I was told. They gave me the wrong entry code for the door--luckily I thought to check it as I left for the first time. The promised "pancake breakfast" turned out to be several-day-old bread and bruised fruit, because I had arrived on their Sabbath when they didn't cook or handle money. The worst was the signs all around that read, "This is a home, not a hotel!"

My fellow travelers were cool and interesting, but I agree with the signs: this is definitely not a hotel!

• Stayed October 2007, traveled solo