- Room. We managed to get a room in the middle of the floor and was very spacious. Bed was great. Shower was so-so.
- Service. Generally good. Nothing bad but nothing exceptional that we've experienced in other Hilton family hotels.
- Parking. It's free! I'm glad they haven't completely commercialized themselves yet and started nickel and diming everyone.
- Smoke. It's a favourite pastime in Romania. As soon as you step into the lobby you get slapped in the face with the smell. I don't actually think it's from the hotel either. There is an automatic door to Gloria Jeans next door and it filters through here I believe. Bit of a let down for the hotel.
- We stayed a few nights and first breakfast was pleasant but we timed the second brekky just as some tour group had started. And the whole thing was cleaned out. I felt sorry for the staff as they were genuinely trying hard to keep up.
- Gym. I felt like I had walked back in time with this equipment. Good news was I had it to myself bad news it was cheap equipment. There were three exercise machines and one was completely broken and the treadmill would bite the base each step you took an the elliptical machine was just plain awkward to use. All were brands I have never heard of but can guarantee were just a cheap way of filling up the fitness center. Disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bucharest – Unirii Square sits next to the Bucharest City Business Center complex in Bucharest's financial and commercial district. You’ll be in the heart of Romania’s capital city and minutes from historic buildings, shopping and entertainment. Relax in a guest room or suite that features luxurious bedding, complimentary high-speed internet access, a 32-inch LCD TV, a spacious work area and laptop safe. Indulge in designer bath products and in the elegant bathroom. Rooms are decorated in soothing tones and feature comfortable and contemporary furniture. Start your day with morning coffee at the cozy Amber Bar, or enjoy breakfast with a view of the city at Avantgarde Restaurant on the top floor. Host your business conference or wedding in 2,150 sq. ft. (200 sq. meters) of flexible space which includes a beautiful arc-shaped ballroom. Also expect AV equipment, a business center, complimentary high-speed internet access and a dedicated staff to ensure a successful event. Expect the comforts and conveniences suited to today's business traveler or vacationer. We’ll welcome you with our signature warm chocolate chip cookie and provide efficient and caring hospitality during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Bucharest Unirii Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Bucharest Unirii Square Hotel Bucharest
- Tulip Inn Bucharest
- Golden Tulip Bucharest