“Great Tour Guide!”
Review of Ian Events Tours - CLOSED

Ian Events Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Springing from a desire to guide you in choosing the perfect trip, Ian Events Tours offers turn key destinations. Our senior consultants provide prompt and competent advice taking into account all components of a trip: transport times, number of sights per day, costs and accommodation. We provide solutions for business turism as well
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Tour Guide!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed at the excellent Hotel Christina in Bucharest for a few days and booked a short tour of Transylvania with a company they recommended. It was a fairly long drive but throughout our guide, Aurelian (he owns the company) judged the mood perfectly answering all our questions and knowing when to offer more information without being pushy.
Although the tour normally had three main stops he kept suggesting additions and alternatives to visit, taking into account any interests we might have, all included in the tour. As well as being knowledgeable he was honest advising us to take a short tour inside Castle Peles which we did not particularly want to do - (we took the tour and he was right!) and also advised that the tour of Castle Bran was probably not worth it (we took the tour and he was right again!).
After driving us 140km back to the hotel he even hung around whilst we freshened up and then drove us a couple of miles into the old town for dinner to save us the price of a taxi - all included in the tour!
From what we could see his charges were in line with all the pre-packaged bus ones except he offers a comfortable car, one to one guidance and ultimate flexibility.
In the end, perhaps the fact that the number one hotel in Bucharest, Christina, promotes his tours exclusively says more about Ian Events than any number of reviews!

Visited May 2014

Lisboa, Portugal
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Everything was perfect”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We found out about Ian Events Tours through Christina Hotel, when we asked them if they had a transfer service from the airport, and I am so very glad we did!
We ended up booking transfers from and to the airport, as well as a Transilvania tour. Even though our flight arrived Bucharest very early in the morning (at about 04h30 AM), Aurelian was there waiting for us, soothing our worries about arriving so early at a city we didn't know much about.
AureliIan was very nice and told us he would also be our guide on the Transilvania tour we had booked, which made us feel even more confortable.
He picked us up at the hotel and we went for a whole day private fantastic tour with him. We visited Peles Castle, Brasov and Bran Castle. During the whole tour he answer all our questions, always with patience and clearly knowing what he was talking about. He knows his country's history and told us many facts we didn't know about Romania.
This was one of (if not) the best guided tour we ever had. I recomend greatly anyone going to Bucharest to use Ian Events Tours.

Visited April 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Sherlock Holmes of Romania”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Prior to beginning our trip we inquired via email with our hotel about airport pickup and possible tours. They arranged for our pickup and adjused it when our flights were changed at the last minute. They sent us a list of tours from a local tour operator they use and we prearranged a Transylvania tour during our stay. The tour operator, Aurelian Badulescu with Ian Events, picked us up at the airport to bring us to the hotel. During the trip to the hotel he asked if there was anything in particular we'd like to see on our tour of Transylvania. I showed him a copy of my grandfather's birth certificate from 1884 that named a small village in Transylvania as his place of birth. I asked, if possible, could we visit that village. He wasn't familiar with the village, but said he would do some research prior to our tour. HIs reasearch found that there were two possible communities that once used that name, but neither were using it any longer. He took us to the first and he learned the village we were looking for was likely the second so off we went. We got to the second village and he learned there that there were governemnt buildings in an adjacent village that governed both so off we went. Once we got to the muncipal offices we discovered a great group of ladies working there that dropped what we doing and began looking for potential relatives of mine. Pretty soon the Vice Mayor of the villages entered the discussion. They came up with two possible people that could be related. The mayor volunteered to come with us so off we went in search of relatives. Keep in mind that everyone we'd met only spoke Romanian and we only speak English. Ian had to translate everything for us. Amazingly the first place we went to turned out to be my deceased father's 88 year old cousin that we never knew even exisited. He invited us in for some homemade wine and he shared family stories that none of us had ever heard. It was an amazing ecperience. Once we were ready to leave, the Mayor invited us to his house for palanka and beer. Quite an amazing experience. Once we made back to Christina we related the story to the staff and they now refer to Ian as the Romanian Sherlock Holmes. Our experience with Ian far exceeded our expectations and made our visit to Romania more than memorable. We now consider Ian a friend and still correspond with him via email..

Visited September 2013
Aurelian B, Owner at Ian Events Tours, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
What a great trip! I am so glad we were able to find the wanted place. Flexibility is one of our directives and when it comes to discover a new place I go for it on the spot. Transylvania is a wonderful place and so are the locals, they made everything possible.

Thank you so much for spending the time to share this great story and I am waiting for you back anytime to explore even more, maybe the special area of Maramures.
Erbendorf, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“One of my best guided tour experiences”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This review is essentially for our tour guide Aurelian from Ian Events Tours because I never actually coordinated with the company directly. The touring group has a partnership with Hotel Christina (which I stayed in during my trip to Bucharest), and I'm very lucky to have booked my tours of Romania through the hotel. Aurelian guided my wife, my friend, my toddler son, and myself through tours of Bucharest's historical landmarks (included the 'People's Palace'), Castle Peles, the town of Brasov (home of the Black Church), and Bran Castle (the castle of Vlad Tepes, inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula). Aurelian's English is excellent and he has an extensive knowledge of his country's history. He's also very easy to talk to and entertained of all our questions, even random stupid questions. Both my friend and I found that Aurelian's demeanor as a tour guide was perfect. He is never pushy, which as one can imagine, can create some awkwardness in the tour guide/client relationship. He will also give you candid advice on what is will get you the best 'bang for your buck.' I'll add that my son is going through his very whiny and annoying toddler phase at Aurelian took his crying and whining all in stride. If you're visiting Bucharest, I would highly recommend hitting up Ian Events Tours and asking for Aurelian. Though they have a number of preplanned tours, you can call with any specific requests and they will arrange a timeline.

Visited December 2013
Ian Events Tours was created three years ago addressing to travelers with complete solutions for the time spent in Romania from the moment of pick-up at the airport until drop-off. In order to do that we collaborate with a number of hotels in Bucharest and the major resorts in the country side (the best according to our standards). I must add that we promote flexibility during our trips, possible only in case of a private tour. Personally, I am for a little bit less formal approach so our guests will enjoy equally the moments spent in different places, like nature etc. Of course, on request we can provide intensive tours, like Communist Tour, as well as guidance in many international languages. For kids we are well equipped with strollers (the boots of all our cars can take even two), car seats for children plus Wi-Fi, 220 V and minibar.

I would like to thank you very much for the time spent writing this review and I hope maybe sometime you will return to explore more of this hidden beautiful country, my strong recommendation: Danube Delta.