“Good hotel”
Review of Prince Residence

Prince Residence
Ranked #72 of 127 Bucharest B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here for a week finishing on August 14,2013.
Very nice helpful staff, we stayed in room 9Ab which is quite large with kitchen and clean modern bathroom.
Although not in the centre/centre, it is quite near (5/6 minutes) and the area which you have to walk through is a nice quite area, we walked at all hours of the night without problem. It is a peaceful tranquil place and one day we had a little problem with our cooker which was resolved within minutes- great service

I have no hesitation in reccommending this residence/hotel to anyone: good, clean, helpful staff and not expensive. They will also order a taxi for you at any time which is a good idea in Bucarest, they give you a printed chit with a number which corresponds with the taxi number ( means no cheating) Taxis are really cheap.

They also have a patio if you wish to eat or have a drink there, we had a beautiful view from our window, see photo

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank paspain

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at Prince residence for 5 days in march. All of the suits in this hotel are individually owned and decorated and have different floor plans. There are two sections to this hotel the 3 star section is tired looking but the 4 star side is much nicer only cost ten euro/ night more to stay in the newer section which is well worth it .
I stayed 2nights in the old section and 3 nights in the new section, over all I do recommend this place for price and location and the staff are nice and helpful,
Every one speaks English and they can help make arrangements for tours, massage and any thing else you might desire.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Appolo1974
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed with five people in the Prince Residence. It is quite close to the south of the City Centre and you can easily walk to the Old Town. The airport bus is also in walking distance.

The hotel is quite new and the rooms are very clean and modern. We had some issues with our TV and they brought as a new one immediately. The staff is overall very nice and speaks english.

The minor issues:
- it is not directly in the city centre, so you have to walk through some shady neighbourhoods for 5-10 mins! Beware of the dogs!
- the breakfast quality was kind of low for 7€. Maybe you should better get breakfast outside.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alstadener
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lovely hotel with great location. Clean and big enough for our family of 5. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was very reasonably priced. Stayed there in March 2013 and it snowed. Hotel was warm and dry and paid attention to detail. When we came back for another night at the end of our travels through Romania, they gave us the same room and already had the sofa bed set up for our 5th person.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at this boutique hotel for a month this summer and I was delighted by what it has to offer: central location convenient to all venues of shopping, entertainment and business, yet situated in a quiet residential area tucked away from the large boulevards, in a spacious rooms with high ceilings that you only find in old mansions, free internet service, all daily needs provided for someone who wishes to be able to make simple meals (stove, fridge, dishes, etc), a nice bathroom (hair drier provided), a spacious bedroom with a walk-in closet, good cleaning service and above all excellent service from the always cheerful hotel staff who are multi-lingual.
There is also a resident cat that will adopt you and wait in front of your door in the morning hoping for a saucer of milk.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay there despite an unforgiving spell of terribly hot weather when I preferred to stay in enjoying the AC than venture out.
I heartily recommend it for a short or long stay to families as well as business people.
Gabriela Radulescu

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gabriela r
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Room was clean, but it was 94F here and the air conditioning did not work properly. Their cafe was well over 80 everytime I went there for a pre-night out drink. Tended to be soaked before i left. As with every hotel here in Eastern Europe, no one seemed to have an iron or ironing board. Had to use creative ideas to use a pot and stove to iron out work shirts. Everyone here speaks enough English to do what you need. I tried speaking Romanian to them, but I saw a lack in my own native verbal skills here because they switched to English immediately. In general, come to Romania with a decent grasp on the language. Visited numerous establishments where I had to speak a mix of Romanian and English just to order a cappuccino. Beautiful place, beautiful women, but there are some comforts you will have to forgo when u get here. I'll be back here next year. Hopefully the hotel fixes their shortcomings.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ozymandies
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My flight was cancelled at the last minute due to snow and it was late so I didn't have a lot of time to research somewhere to sleep that evening. I saw the Prince Residence on several websites, it was the deal of the day on Booking.com so I went for it. Although it was the deal of the day it was the same price as many of the other websites. I arrived late and left early so I can't be too specific about the area but I went for a walk and the area seemed nice and safe, quiet but very central. There was a park across the road. check in was easy and the lady was very friendly, she offered a discount on the restaurant. The room itself was fine, nothing like what I'd expected after reading the reviews beforehand. it's nice enough but nothing special. Non descript would be a good way of describing it. the bathroom was lovely. On the plus side the heating was very good, as was the shower and the television had about 88 tv channels. there is a security buzzer that opens the door to get upstairs to the rooms which made my mind wonder what they may be trying to keep out. The hotel offers massage which I did not try out. this place worked out as a stop for one night, I dont think I'd have wanted to stay much longer though. I certainly couldn't complain about the price and it was clean and the staff friendly, there was just something about the place that didn't grab me.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo