“Great location but...”
Review of Prince Residence

Prince Residence
Ranked #71 of 125 Bucharest B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Room was clean, but it was 94F here and the air conditioning did not work properly. Their cafe was well over 80 everytime I went there for a pre-night out drink. Tended to be soaked before i left. As with every hotel here in Eastern Europe, no one seemed to have an iron or ironing board. Had to use creative ideas to use a pot and stove to iron out work shirts. Everyone here speaks enough English to do what you need. I tried speaking Romanian to them, but I saw a lack in my own native verbal skills here because they switched to English immediately. In general, come to Romania with a decent grasp on the language. Visited numerous establishments where I had to speak a mix of Romanian and English just to order a cappuccino. Beautiful place, beautiful women, but there are some comforts you will have to forgo when u get here. I'll be back here next year. Hopefully the hotel fixes their shortcomings.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ozymandies
There are newer reviews for Prince Residence

Reviewed February 10, 2012

My flight was cancelled at the last minute due to snow and it was late so I didn't have a lot of time to research somewhere to sleep that evening. I saw the Prince Residence on several websites, it was the deal of the day on Booking.com so I went for it. Although it was the deal of the day it was the same price as many of the other websites. I arrived late and left early so I can't be too specific about the area but I went for a walk and the area seemed nice and safe, quiet but very central. There was a park across the road. check in was easy and the lady was very friendly, she offered a discount on the restaurant. The room itself was fine, nothing like what I'd expected after reading the reviews beforehand. it's nice enough but nothing special. Non descript would be a good way of describing it. the bathroom was lovely. On the plus side the heating was very good, as was the shower and the television had about 88 tv channels. there is a security buzzer that opens the door to get upstairs to the rooms which made my mind wonder what they may be trying to keep out. The hotel offers massage which I did not try out. this place worked out as a stop for one night, I dont think I'd have wanted to stay much longer though. I certainly couldn't complain about the price and it was clean and the staff friendly, there was just something about the place that didn't grab me.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2012

The hotel is located in downtown Bucharest, on a little street. Rooms are large,modern, with a kitchen area, big bathroom.Some rooms have beautiful views to the park, others to street. Clean.Kind staff.Every room has own thermostat for temperature control.
Rooms doors need insulation (noise from halls). Small investments needed: parquet repair, removal of small traces of rust from kitchen stove, cleaning the bathroom's sanstone.One of the rooms had not soap in the bathroom, but we received it on request.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with park view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Petroland
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was supposed to stay here, had already paid for a small apartment but upon arrival they told me my room had been flooded so I had to be relocated... the hotel they sent me to is theAmbasador which is a horrible communist-likehotel, certainly NOT likeThe Prince residence and I had paid the same amaount of money to be downgraded... this is unacceptable!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed June 9, 2011

My room was very modern with a small kitchen. Parts of the hotel were in process of being remodelled which provided some noise. The location seemed good. Although I did not have time to eat in the restaurant, it seemed inviting.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2010

The rooms were a delight, with exposed timber beams, well appointed and equipped. Spacious living area, comfortable bedroom with plenty of storage space and decent bathroom. The staff were delightful and most helpful. Don't miss the opportunity for a really good massage from the in-house therapist. Il Giardino Segreto, the new restaurant within the complex is exceptional, offering first class food served with panache in an exquisite setting. We preferred this accommodation to our hotel rooms in Basel, Milan, Madrid, Amsterdam and Prague.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We have accomondation in this hotel during May 2010. The first look is okay, but we have a lot of problem with this hotel and we travell a lot different kind of places. First we have rooms B3 and A1.
Room B3 is horrible, humid, mold, the pillows are wet and all the clothes have that mold stink. The wiev is the wall next 20 cm from the findow. The cleaner has changed the towels and linens, but the other thing are just like the last one left it. The reseptionists were unpolites when we asked a new room, because of mold problem. After two days inquiries we finaly have other room. It was nice but for example the towels was left former and the floor was unclean like all those rooms. During the 3rd evening the reseptionist called late evening (8.15 p.m.) and just said that you have to move right away from our room A1. When we asked we no response. We said that is not okay for us. The the answer is I'll have to talk with a manger. The hotel favors are italian traveller, they go to frist.The recidence and service is not 4 star hotel it is really less than that.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family