“Little scary little strange hotel”

Hotel Relax Comfort Suites
Ranked #104 of 169 Hotels in Bucharest
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my family as a last reset after the hotel I had booking with through ORBITZ did not honor our reservation even though I had paid in advance. I am sure there is some strange things going on in here. It is close to everything so if you just want a bed to crash in for one night then it is ok otherwise I will stay away from here especially if you have family with you. The breakfast was ok and they charged me 80 euro as they knewI had no where to go so the price was also not honored even though it said on the play card that they charge 40 Euro per room for double and 10 Euro extra for the third person. Any way don't stay here unless you are desperate.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gotofly2

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is right there next to Old Town, it is also very close to the Metro where you can easily get around town or to the Gara Du Nord Train station. The hotel itself is really nice. The room was big (that I had, and this wasn't the Jacuzzi room). It was actually a lot more spacious than I was expecting. For the price it's just simply one of the best deals in town that I was able to find. Close to everything you need in Bucharest, has it's own WiFi, and I was even impressed with the bath it had, as I'm used to so many Eastern Europe hotels have stand in showers. I would choose here again next visit to Bucharest if I ever return...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank warlord
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed in a small double room, which was very comfortable indeed. Bigger ones must be real fun. The reason of my choice was the price and I was absolutely satisfied with the cost/benefit ratio. The only thing that may be negatively considered is that the lobby is too small, almost not existing; but we do not choose accommodation based on huge lobby areas, do we? Wi-Fi quality was superb; I almost "worked" in the room! The staff was very attentive, I thank them once more. I was treated like a king. I will definitely stay here again, if I have a limited budget and hardly recommend to those under the same condition. Salutations to the staff and hope to see them again!

Room Tip: Even the simplest rooms are okay pals. Do not worry about the quality and cleanliness, just pick one...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank suhaozalp
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel has great location, all tourist places can be reached just 10' by walk. Metro and bus are just 100m away. Cosy and well equiped room. Breakfast is just OK. For a downtown hotel, it can be rated very good. I'll stay here again if I've chance to go back to Bucharest.
(There's no swimming pool or fitness center)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hien_Ha
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Hotel is in great location few meters away from the center, with a view to the main street. The Room was pretty large comfortable and newly renovated. The price was excellent 45 euro with breakfast very good for a business center of a city. Also the bus and metro stations was few meters away. The staff was very helpful in guiding fir the city...

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Carlos_vl
Reviewed April 10, 2013

nicest hotel in bucharest downtown , based by price , location, atmosphere,friendly, service , quality ..i tried many hotels in bucharest , but this was the best one , based by the above... i stay always every 2 month 1 week and i enjoy it and feel like home, with there great experience of service and enjoyment. i recommended every one this hotel always , so basically is the best for a 4 star hotel. i can call it 5 star , based by the room. and its service ...i love the decoration and its cozy rooms and designs. easiest way to go any where any time from it,,,, and very well known , simply its unique ..best... best...

Room Tip: choose a suite or the superior bed
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ahmad A
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For only 1 night here, but enough to have an impression, which is not very good. The central location is probably the best thing about this hotel. We were reserved and ready to leave in the beginning, cause hotel was sinister a little bit (yes, it might sound crazy, but this is my opinion) and I just had a feeling that something was not right about it. stuff was friendly, but maybe too much, over the limit, the doorman kept saying every 10 seconds :" i help you with everything you need" so this gave me a strange feeling. We like travelling, but this was the first time in my life when I didnt feel safe in a hotel. Rooms were quite big, and quite clean, with everything you need. You feel all the time that you are in an old building and old hotel, even when they tried hard to make some things new. We had a bathroom with jacuzzi, but the toilet ring was very old :-)) in the room they had also a fridge and coffee maker. no balcony. Central heating was not working properly, but when we asked for 1 remote control for the air conditioning, they gave one to us. Hot water all the time.
Breakfast was included in the price, the way to the very small restaurant was an adventure :-) breakfast was poor. you can choose between 7-8 different breakfast menus.

Try to avoid this hotel, just take it as a last option, when you have no time to look for other hotels and just for short stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple