I stayed at Rembrandt hotel in July 2013, for a total of 4 nights. My friend and I chose the hotel based on the good review here, and the location (my Romanian friend told me that this is the area with a lot of bars and restaurants and we should stay in this area) and we were extremely happy with our decision. I will definitely come back next time I visit Bucharest.
(1) As I wrote above, location is excellent. It's sort of at the edge of the most fun area in Bucharest, with bars, clubs, restaurants. Because it's not in the center, it's a bit quiet (I guess), but if you go out of the hotel, you are basically surrounded by bars and restaurants. This is awesome! Moreover, it's at the edge of the fun area, you can park the car at a nearby parking.
(2) The hotel itself has a cafe, Van Gogh. It's a nice cafe.
(3) At least our plan came with the breakfast, and it was wonderful! With free espresso/ cappuccino, fruits, salads, breads, and waffles!
(4) The staff are nice and charming. They speak good English so there's no communication problem.
(5) It's probably an old building, and the building is thin, meaning most likely you will stay on an upper floor, but the hotel has a lift.
(6) Free wifi!
(7) The furniture is a bit old and boring, but it's spacious. No problem with hot water at all. My room was equipped with safety box.
(8) I think the price is reasonable.
(1) Not much, but it's an old building and the decoration of the room is a bit outdated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rembrandt Hotel is an intimate and stylish hotel with 16 spacious rooms, located in the heart of Bucharest. Well known for its’ personal service and genuine hospitality, Rembrandt provides contemporary guest rooms with comfortable beds, hardwood floors, leather armchairs, free wi-fi internet access and spacious bathrooms. Café Klein, on the mezzanine floor of the hotel, is a cozy and comfortable lounge where we serve breakfast, drinks and snacks. You will find Rembrandt Hotel in the middle of the old city centre of Bucharest. From here you can access the city in all its’ aspects: the wide Paris-style boulevards, the worn down 1920ies modernist architecture, the narrow streets of charming Lipscani and the modern day cosmopolitan life. Being on walking distance from the central Unirii and Universitate squares, the hotel is ideally positioned for both business and leisure guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rembrandt Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rembrandt Hotel Bucharest