“convenient short stay”

Ranked #45 of 166 Hotels in Bucharest
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“convenient short stay”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had an enjoyable night in transit in this hotel. Modern and basically across the road from Parliament House, it is about 30 minutes from Otopeni Airport. The hotel meets the Ibis standard, simple but serviceable having all the amenities one requires at the 3 star level. Staff are friendly and efficient with a good sense of humour. Am impressed with the English language ability. Getting cabs no problem. Restaurant looks promising though I didn't try it.

Room Tip: maybe ask for room on other side from Izvor Boulevard as it is a busy road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cristea-Ibis, Manager at Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear guest,

I am glad to learn from your posted comments on TripAdvisor that you had an enjoyable night in our modern Ibis hotel, which is very well situated across the Parliament House and close to the city center as well.

I shared your compliments to my entire team in order to be aware of it's contribution in helping to satisfy our customers' expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Yours faithfully,
Executive Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had a terrible experience at this hotel. I came to attend a congress and stayed at this hotel. The room was clean, the staff was polite and friendly, it seemed to be a nice and secure hotel. However, in the middle of the night, while I was sleeping, someone entered my room and stole money from my purse and my telephone and used it to call hotline where he spent 600Euros. I called the police as soon as I woke up and realised what have happened but unfortunately they couldn't do much. I feel lucky that I hadn't waken up while the thief was in the room. I trully believe one of the employees was guilty and therefore I do not recommend staying at this hotel. Another downside is the parking which in my opinion should be free for the customers of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Diana G
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for the nice words you wrote concerning the hotel and it's staff.

About the unpleasant experience you related, we could inform you that we are still waiting for the results of the investigation conducted by the police, and we have the conviction that none of our employees is involved.

Executive Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bucharest hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed there 3 nights, hotel has good location to city center, clean rooms, very good and tasty breakfast. Only reception staff should learn how to smile. Accept this I'm very happy that I stayed there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Cristea-Ibis, Manager at Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Palatul Parlamentului during your recent stay in Bucharest and for your positive feedback posted on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read that you found a very good hotel with a city center location, a clean room and a good and tasty breakfast as well.

I sent your compliments to my entire team in order to be aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy our customers.

Crete
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at Ibis for 2 nights.
This hotel is near the city's centre. The room is the usual size, and very clean. Friendly staff at the reception. The cleaning chambermaid where a little bit noisy in the morning. For the amount of money paid, i am completely satisfied with the hotel.

Be aware of the Taxi drivers in Bucharest!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cristea-Ibis, Manager at Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Sir,

I am more than happy to find from your posted review on TripAdvisor that you and your family have benefited of our excellent hotel location, our very well equipied room and our diversified breakfast and good dinner.

We sincerely hope to host you back in a soon future.

Best regards,

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and me stayed there for a couple of Days during visiting some Friends near there in Bucharest and this Ibis Hotel was a good Choice. normal Standard (as ususally in those Hotels from that Company) - so do not expect something special, but you can expect that all is good and clean. Very friendly Staff at the Reception. They did also speak good english.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cristea-Ibis, Manager at Ibis Bucharest Palatul Parlamentului, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Sir,

Please allow me to thank you for the comment you have posted on TripAdvisor regarding your stay in our Ibis Palatul Parlamentului.
I am glad to see that you and your wife have made the right choice to get quality services at the best price.
I sent your compliments to my reception team.
We would be more than glad to have the chance to hosting you again during your next trip to Bucharest.

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The hotel offers a good quality for those, travelling on a lower budget. The rooms are clean, and the breakfast is good enough. There's free Wi-Fi available and for those travelling without a laptop or smartphone, there's a computer available in the lobby. Also the location is good (directly near the Parliament building). I had nothing to complain about.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our good location, our clean room and our good breakfast.
I shared your compliments with my entire team to be aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy our guests' expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,