“Transylvania in a day”

Book In Advance
More Info
$107.43*
and up
Half-Day Tour to Mogosoaia Palace and Snagov...
Ranked #48 of 156 Tours in Bucharest
More attraction details
Owner description: Romania To Go is a private tour company, opened for those who desire to visit Romania without the troubles and schedule issues of a big group. My name is Andrei Brebulet, and I have decided to open this small company because, in my years of experience as a tour guide, I have realized that many of my guests, coming from big groups (such as cruise ships or bus tours), always were searching for an easier, but more exclusive way to visit my great country. My travels through Romania have taken me to some unique places, offering some of the last places in Europe where one can admire natural beauty, time old traditions, while benefiting also from 4 star hotels, B&B and restaurants. My company provides tours in all regions of Romania, specially made for groups of 2 or 4 persons, while also being able to accommodate up to 8. We use a modern fleet of cars, ranging in size from hatchbacks (for small city tours), up to sedans, station wagons or minivans, depending on the size and necessities of the groups. The tours that we provide offer great activities, not only for the history buffs, but for the entire family. They range from simple sightseeing, to rock climbing, fishing, bird watching, 4×4 off-road tours, traditional activities, wine tasting (and the list just goes on). We can guarantee great prices, high quality products and services.
Reviewed October 16, 2014

My wife and I were in Bucharest for 1 week, partly for a meeting. While staying in Bucharest, we wanted to see the beautiful countryside we had heard so much about. We chose to do Transylvania in a day and were amazed at the quality of the tour and guide. Andrei is incredibly knowledgeable, accommodating and a perfect host to this amazing country. We were able to visit Peles castle as well as a breathtaking monestary on the way to Bran Castle. The landscape was fantastic and the drive was an experience in itself. The small city of Brasov was also worth seeing and we enjoyed a delicious meal including oxen steak for the first time. We would love to return to spend more time with Andrei as a personal guide to the many other regions of Romania we have not yet seen. Highly recommend this company and country!!

2  Thank Dave W
Andy B, Manager at Romania To Go - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Only by receiving such feedback from our guests we can grow. We are very happy so hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back here some day. Also feel free to visit us on our facebook page and give us a like. Warm wishes from Romania!

Reviewed October 16, 2014

My husband and I just returned from Romania and had the most fabulous experience with our tour guide, Chris from Romania-To-Go private tours. The monastery and castle we saw were awesome, and Chris was incredibly knowledgeable and personable. Having a personal tour guide is definitely the way to go, not only learning about Romanian geography and history, but also about current culture and trends. We are so fortunate to have found this company and quality guides. Highly recommend for a very personal experience.

2  Thank Laura W

Reviewed October 8, 2014

I booked the Transylvania excursion which included a visit to Peles Castle, Bran and Brasov. I communicated(emailed) with Andrei about 8 weeks prior to my arrival, communication was excellent and everything was laid out in the emails. On the day the day of the tour the tour guide/driver(Chris) was on time and spoke excellent English, during the trip the guide was extremely entertaining with stories of the local culture. This is a very long day(12 hrs+) as the traffic getting out and back into Bucharest is very challenging, I would also suggest that any lunch stops MUST be brief. One day is not enough to see this lovely country but this tour takes you into the country and you get a brief glimpse of the Romanian countryside, history and culture.

2  Thank Cruisinbob
Andy B, Manager at Romania To Go - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2014

Reviewed September 28, 2014

We had a fantastic time on our full-day tour out of Bucharest to the mountains. It was for myself, my husband, and our two little kids (5 and 3). Our kids are not great travelers, prone to carsickness and just general kid whiny-ness, but our guide Rasvan was amazingly patient and helpful with them and us. We were so appreciative of this! Not only that, but he was extremely knowledgeable about Romanian history, ancient and modern, and explained it in such an engaging and fun way. We loved everything we saw: Peles Castle was beautiful, Brasov was cool with great food, and the mountains were lovely. Andrei was so kind to customize the tour to meet the needs of our kids and arranged a pony ride for them at a farm in the mountains, which was a lot of fun. All in all, it was a great experience both before and during the tour, despite some of our kids' meltdowns. Highly recommended!

3  Thank zgillenwater
Andy B, Manager at Romania To Go - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2014

See more reviews
Reviewed September 28, 2014

My husband and I had our first trip to Romania and spoke with Andrei prior to arriving to plan our visit. As we are big wine drinkers, Andrei organized a private wine tasting as part of our trip into Transylvania. Chris was our driver, and he was great! So knowledgeable about Romanian history and all the local sites we visited. Having a private driver and tour guide is the way to go! We couldn't recommend Romania to Go more!

Thank you so much for your reply and for the many details you shared with us about your tour. We are so happy that you enjoyed it and we hope to be able to welcome you here again some day. Warm greetings from Romania!