“Wonderful full-day tour for our family”

Romania To Go - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$107.43*
and up
Half-Day Tour to Mogosoaia Palace and Snagov...
Ranked #48 of 156 Tours in Bucharest
More attraction details
Owner description: Romania To Go is a private tour company, opened for those who desire to visit Romania without the troubles and schedule issues of a big group. My name is Andrei Brebulet, and I have decided to open this small company because, in my years of experience as a tour guide, I have realized that many of my guests, coming from big groups (such as cruise ships or bus tours), always were searching for an easier, but more exclusive way to visit my great country. My travels through Romania have taken me to some unique places, offering some of the last places in Europe where one can admire natural beauty, time old traditions, while benefiting also from 4 star hotels, B&B and restaurants. My company provides tours in all regions of Romania, specially made for groups of 2 or 4 persons, while also being able to accommodate up to 8. We use a modern fleet of cars, ranging in size from hatchbacks (for small city tours), up to sedans, station wagons or minivans, depending on the size and necessities of the groups. The tours that we provide offer great activities, not only for the history buffs, but for the entire family. They range from simple sightseeing, to rock climbing, fishing, bird watching, 4×4 off-road tours, traditional activities, wine tasting (and the list just goes on). We can guarantee great prices, high quality products and services.
Reviewed September 28, 2014

We had a fantastic time on our full-day tour out of Bucharest to the mountains. It was for myself, my husband, and our two little kids (5 and 3). Our kids are not great travelers, prone to carsickness and just general kid whiny-ness, but our guide Rasvan was amazingly patient and helpful with them and us. We were so appreciative of this! Not only that, but he was extremely knowledgeable about Romanian history, ancient and modern, and explained it in such an engaging and fun way. We loved everything we saw: Peles Castle was beautiful, Brasov was cool with great food, and the mountains were lovely. Andrei was so kind to customize the tour to meet the needs of our kids and arranged a pony ride for them at a farm in the mountains, which was a lot of fun. All in all, it was a great experience both before and during the tour, despite some of our kids' meltdowns. Highly recommended!

3  Thank zgillenwater
Andy B, Manager at Romania To Go - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Only by receiving such feedback from our guests we can grow. We are very happy so hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back here some day. Also feel free to visit us on our facebook page and give us a like. Warm wishes from Romania!

Reviewed September 28, 2014

My husband and I had our first trip to Romania and spoke with Andrei prior to arriving to plan our visit. As we are big wine drinkers, Andrei organized a private wine tasting as part of our trip into Transylvania. Chris was our driver, and he was great! So knowledgeable about Romanian history and all the local sites we visited. Having a private driver and tour guide is the way to go! We couldn't recommend Romania to Go more!

Thank you so much for your reply and for the many details you shared with us about your tour. We are so happy that you enjoyed it and we hope to be able to welcome you here again some day. Warm greetings from Romania!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I used Romania-to-go for a tour of the Mogosoaia Palace and Snagov Monastery. We were staying at the Radisson Blu and booked the outing through Viking cruises because we had come off a Viking river cruise. Andrey was the driver of our minivan and our guide. Andrey was a great guide – telling us about the attractions we were seeing and also about Romania in general. Our small group of eight had ample opportunities to ask him questions about anything. Both the Palace and Monastery were very worth seeing and the four hours allotted for transportation and visiting the attractions was ample. Having, on preceding days, done tours of Bran Castle and Peles Castle in the company of hordes of other tourists, it was a real delight to discover that, at both the Palace and the Monastery, WE WERE THE ONLY VISITORS. In reading reviews on Trip Advisor from people who visited these places on their own, I can reinforce the judgment that both places are peaceful and beautiful. From reading these other reviews I can also appreciate the value of having a guided tour of both places – we were told the significance of what we were seeing, we did not have to worry about finding these places (the signage to the Monastery is particularly poor), and we did not have to deal with the tricky parking situation by the footbridge that crosses the lake to the Monastery.

It had rained earlier in the morning of our tour, and the drainage from the footbridge is poor so that we had to slosh through about a quarter-inch of water in places. Luckily my wife and I had good shoes so that we did not get wet – but this would not have been something to do in sandals, and especially not something to do in a colder time of year after a rain and a hard freeze!

If we return to Romania – and there is much worth seeing in this country - we will definitely consider booking a custom tour with Romania-to-go, which specializes in finding great things to do that are not standard tourist attractions. For example, Andrey told us that one of his tours is to the meeting of three rivers in the Danube delta where there is a large and interesting assortment of birds.

2  Thank Danny38
Andy B, Owner at Romania To Go - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for your review.

Such a huge quantity of details tells us you really enjoyed the tour and took in the scenery. We also enjoyed your company on that day and had a great time as well.
We hope your memories of Romania will make you smile and perhaps make you come and visit us again some day.

Warm wishes from Romania!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We had a tour of Bucharest, Mogosoaia Palace, and Snagov Monastery with Chris (Aka Bogdan Alexe) from Romania To Go. Chris was extremely knowledgeable and also a fun person - we had a really good time. We were able to do a lot in one day since the tour was well planned. The company was easy to deal with and I highly recommend them.

1  Thank pepoling

Warm greetings from Romania and from your guide, Chris!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 8, 2014

It was a perfect tour out of Bucharest with a wonderful guide. Chris told us about the places we were visiting as well as answered all our questions about Romania and especially the school system. The tour enabled us to see some of the countryside as well as learn more about Vlad the Impaler and the role of monasteries in Romania in medieval times. It was a relaxing tour which left us with enough energy to do more sightseeing in Bucharest. Chris was very knowledgeable and let us set the pace, but ensured that we would see everything. Highly recommend.

1  Thank ckw911
Andy B, Owner at Romania To Go - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your review.
Also feel free to visit us on our facebook page and give us a like.

Warm wishes from Romania!