“Best for papanasi”

Cuisines: Romanian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2015 via mobile

Whenever craving for "papanasi", "La Mama" would definitely be a good choice. The prices are affordable for anyone and the staff is one of the nicest I have had the chance to see. I had a serving of papanasi there on 1st of march and they offered me and my friend a red rose and a glass of champagne to celebrate the spring season coming and the women's day. Overall the place rocks and the background music is also nice and appropriate!

Reviewed February 28, 2015 via mobile

Located on the edge of Old Town.

Myself and a friend visited on a Friday evening on our last night of a short holiday in Romania before returning home to England. We plan to return!

Pros:
-Well-lit and well-maintained premises.
-Plentiful seating, including a raised area. Wooden tables and chairs.
-Efficient English speaking waiter.
-English language menu.
-Wide range of food including breakfasts, appetisers, soups & broths, salads, vegetarian dishes, main dishes, sausages, grills, fish, schnitzels, sides, sweets, pancakes, ice creams. I ate Grilled chicken breast (19 RON) plus sides and a Tuborg Draught (8 RON).
-TV on wall - showing the Discovery Channel during my visit.

Cons:
-Smoking allowed within the premises. Cigarettes are even included in the menu! Unfortunately there's a smoking epidemic in Romania.

Notes: Toilets are separate, but the two sinks and mirror are shared.

Reviewed February 27, 2015

Soup arrived cold, had to ask for more spices, service too long and waiters were fighting in front of us. I like La Mama chain but this one always disappoints me even though I always give it a chance

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank Helen M
Reviewed February 24, 2015 via mobile

I don't know if we were unlucky ... But this was the worst meal I have ever had to pay for. First of all both items I originally ordered were not available. The sausage and cabbage I ended up with was salty and tasteless, respectively . My colleagues fish was also terrible. Two redeeming factors - the ambiance and staff were nice. Secondly the house white was good. I sadly cannot recommend Là Mama.

Reviewed February 4, 2015

Its a nice restaurant, good atmosphere, they have a very good lunch offer at 20 ron. You can eat romanian food without spending a lot of money.

Date of visit: December 2014