Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great people, great bikes

Took an almost new GS1250 and had a ride to Lepsa in Orientali Carpathians. Cristi delivered... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
C5646MBadrianc
via mobile
R1200GS

Excellent service. BMW+Side cases+top case+ helmet + jacket + gloves for a trip to the seaside... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed September 28, 2018
B8267ZWalex

All reviews motorcycle trip pre trip romanian countryside great tour cristian gs bikes bmw christian transfagarasan route helmets gloves jacket brake panniers model
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2016

I was in Romania for a week together with my wife. After reading an article on Adventure Bike Rider magazine some months ago, I wanted to drive through the Carpathian mountains and on the Transfagarasan . I have conducted some online research and I have been attracted by R4R website that looked professional. I have left a message to which I had a prompt reply. Cristian kept replying to my correspondence as this was the first time renting out a bike as I normally travel using mine (the mighty Africa Twin RD 07).

To my disappointment, on day 1 I have been notified I that I was going to collect my bike late morning (at around 11:00 am), which this meant that I had to change my plans. However, I have to mention that Cristian offered to deliver the bike himself to our hotel which I have declined and went to pick it up personally.

The bike, a BMW GS 650 worked brilliantly and I was very amazed by its power and fluidity. The 6th gear could be kept even at low revs and pick up speed without hiccups.

On day 2 I have noticed that 1 of the rear brake pads was completely consumed, which worried me especially for the fact that we had a long way in front of us with lots of hairpin turns and up/downhills. On our arrival to our destination the bike was indicating that there was a loss of oil pressure. Luckily enough this seems to be a false indication as it didn't occur again on our last day.

On the day of our departure Cristian offered to pick up the bike himself. I am giving a rate of 3 for this review due to the fact that I should have expected that the brakes were in good condition, to have the bike early on day 1 and that the front hugger was missing.

On the whole the service and bike were good.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed August 31, 2016

We came to Romania to take a trip through Carpatian mountains. We found R4R on internet and after reading some good feedback, we decided to trust them with our deposit for the motorcycle.
These people are extremely polite and helpful. They sent us many emails to address all our questions; they tracked us when we arrived and helped us get to the garage. The bikes are really good maintained. We had a F800GS and it was great for our couple. We had a wonderful trip through Transylvania and we're looking forward to come back to Romania soon.

1  Thank Mike_Lew_TA
Reviewed August 21, 2016

Their reputation for customer service was reinforced with me. I have exchanged 37 emails with them since December of 2015, including a trip postponement. Cristian had to put up with a LOT of questions from me since I've never rented a motorcycle OR been in Romania.
They don't have the cheapest prices of all the companies that rent out motorcycles in Romania, but of the ones that had reviews and appeared to be credible, they have the best price. You NEED credibility when you are risking your life on 2 wheels. I also recommend getting comprehensive insurance and they were willing to price match their competitors for this service.
I sent 4 days and 3 nights putting 812km (505 miles) on a F650GS riding to Curtea de Argeș, through the Transfăgărășan, to Brașov and back. With their help I had an amazing once-in-a-lifetime experience.

1  Thank Kory S
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

We rented a BMW 1200gs for a week. Cristian and Dorian were very responsive and always responded quickly when we tried to reach them. Rent4ride is a small, personable company with newer bikes to rent. We booked last minute and actually had them provide helmets, jackets, and pants. Great company-solid bikes to rent.

Now for riding in Romania. Being from the Western US we are used to open roads and big landscapes. Romania is culturally interesting-not really stunning though. Really plan ahead as to where you want to ride. The main roads can be horribly clogged. Miles of trucks and family cars (yes we visited during the height of summer vacation). We had 7 days and just tried to ride too far. Keep it simple and explore all the back roads.

2  Thank willh73
Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

I booked a BMW GS800. Bike was in excellent condition. I did more than 800km without any problems.
Although it is a big bike, it feels very good once your legs up (:
I would definitely recommend you to rent from rent4ride!

Date of experience: July 2016